When you post a discussion topic or reply, you are expected to have prior knowledge of all these rules. Please be sure to review the https://vampirediaries.fandom.com/wiki/The_Vampire_Diaries_Wiki:Discussions_Policy for more information that expands upon what is below. Ignorance of these rules is not an excuse as they cover common courtesies of other users and the community itself. Posts that fall from these guidelines may be removed without notice. Warning(s) may be given on the violating thread or user message walls ( https://vampirediaries.fandom.com/wiki/Help:Message_Wall ), and/or the user may be blocked; see https://vampirediaries.fandom.com/wiki/The_Vampire_Diaries_Wiki:Blocking_Policy for more information. The Discussions Help (https://vampirediaries.fandom.com/wiki/Help:Discussions) page is another resource for information. If your post was deleted, refrain from publishing it again or creating another post about your now-deleted post. It was removed for a reason and the answer can likely be found on the expanded policy page. Any complaint can be consulted with a moderator for review.
1. Be nice and treat people with respect. Keep discussions civil and be open-minded about differing opinions. Hateful, vulgar, bashing/venting posts against someone or some topic can and will be removed by admins and moderators. Please note that swearing is not allowed.
2. Posts that solicit upvotes or to "follow" or "join" other forms of media (i.e. Instagram, YouTube, other Discords, etc.) will be deleted.
3. Off-topic conversations of any kind will be deleted. This is not the place for them. Please keep conversations here strictly TVD, TO, and Legacies. Please do not derail threads unrelated to the posted topic; such posts may be removed or the thread may be further locked from discussion.
4. Impersonation of other users or famous people will not be tolerated. If you have been banned and return on a new account, your posts will be deleted and your new account(s) will be banned.
5. Spamming, trolling, or vandalizing of any kind will be deleted and will lead to your account being banned. If you see it, please report it; administrators or moderators will work quickly to delete and clean up the said post!
6. Do not duplicate posts. When repeated, links to original or other duplicated posts may be given or subsequent posts will be locked (and/or removed entirely) - this is inclusive of polls. Please see our FAQ ( https://vampirediaries.fandom.com/f/p/3300297438920826242 ) for additional details and examples of such posts. Please use the thread categories and article tags to find other similar posts.
7. Please be wary of categories and how you are using them. Also, please tag all new posts appropriately using article tags. Examples of the categories and articles tags and how to use them can be found on the expanded policy page.
9. Do not report someone's post without a valid reason. The report feature should only be used to report offensive, spam, or other harmful replies. Do not report your own posts or that of a moderator's warning(s). If you would like your comment deleted, please contact a moderator for deletion either on their message wall or with the @ mentions.
10. Do not post low-effort/quality posts and polls. This can also be construed as asking for an answer for you that you can easily find yourself. This also includes poor observations and factual/obvious statements that just repeat the content of the wiki article(s). Some amount of thought should go into making your posts interesting, open-ended, insightful, or otherwise desirable.
11. We now have an official wiki Discord server. Join here: https://vampirediaries.fandom.com/f/p/3300297438920837095