|“||What are you doing? You're gonna ruin your career!||”|
Brian Walters was a character who appeared in the eleventh episode of the third season of The Vampire Diaries. He was the medical examiner at Mystic Falls Hospital and the former boyfriend of Meredith Fell. He was killed by the 2010 Mystic Falls Serial Killer.
As a teenager Brian dated Meredith Fell, who later became a doctor and a member of the Town Council as well. He dumped Meredith on Wickery Bridge after prom and she never forgave him. Neither did she ever get over his distaste for the bridge.
Throughout The Vampire Diaries Series
In Our Town, Brian was Meredith's ex-boyfriend. He was seen arguing with Meredith the night before he was murdered and then the next morning, it was discovered that he had been killed. He was killed by a wooden stake through his chest, even though he was human. Sheriff Forbes revealed to Alaric and Elena that the stake belonged to the Gilbert Family and had Elena's fingerprints on it.
He showed some care for Meredith, but also an argumentative relationship with her as well. He also came off somewhat arrogant and tried to warn Alaric about her being a "psycho case".
He had a tall stature and an athletic build, wearing a brown jacket and a gray-white shirt underneath. He had short, dark brown hair and brown eyes.
- Brian is a male given name of Irish and Breton origin, and the meaning is "high, noble".
- Walters is a surname of English and Welsh origin. It used to denote "Son of Walter", derived from the given name Walter, which was introduced into England and Wales about the time of the Norman Conquest.
- He was the first victim killed by the 2010 Mystic Falls serial killer - who is later found out to be Alaric Saltzman.
- According to Damon, he was the one who coined the phrase 'animal attack'. Ironically in his death certificate, the cause of his death was an animal attack, which was a lie.
- With confirmation that human souls are found in the dimensions, he either found peace or went to Hell.