Danielle is the daughter of Rosemary Rado, a former dancer and Rockette, and Walter Russell, a former singer. When she was ten, a friend of her mother's suggested to Rosemary that Danielle should pursue modeling. Not long after, when she was ready for a model career, she received many calls from agents and managers asking for interviews, and she had booked several commercials and print jobs and had done a lot of regional theater by the age of twelve.
|2018-Present||Legacies||TV Series||Hope Mikaelson|
|2018||Measure of a Man||Movie||Joanie Williams|
|2016-2017||The Last Tycoon||TV Series||Darla Miner|
|2014||A Walk Among the Tombstones||Movie||Lucia|
|2019||Teen Choice Awards||Choice Sci-Fi/Fantasy TV Actress||Legacies||Nominated|
- She's 17 days younger than Devon Allowitz, who played Henrik, her character's long deceased uncle whose death was the catalyst for the Originals creation.
- She views herself "extremely" similar to her character, Hope Mikaelson.
- She enjoys traveling and wants to do it more. She also ships Hope and Roman together, even though the pair is complicated.
- She has been acting since the age of ten.
- Her favorite animal is an owl.
- She stated that the reunion scenes between Klaus and Hope were really rewarding to film, especially due to Joseph Morgan's acting ability.
- She was a fan of The Vampire Diaries prior to getting the role of Hope, but had never seen The Originals before. It wasn't until she was close to getting the role that she watched Season Four.
- She's the most excited for fans to see the relationship between Klaus and Hope in Season Five.
- Danielle played the daughter of Sebastian Roché's character in A Walk Among The Tombstones. Sebastian portrayed Mikael in The Vampire Diaries and The Originals, who is the step-grandfather of her character Hope Mikaelson.
- When asked to describe Season Five in three words, she used the words, "heartbreaking", "emotional", and "family".