|“||Your mom made a mark on this city. Everyone is here to honor her.||”|
THE RETURN TO NEW ORLEANS — Ivy reveals some startling news to Klaus about the dark magic that's been keeping him away from his family. Elijah turns to some unexpected allies to save Antoinette's life. Hope, Marcel, Freya, and Josh also appear.
- Vampires in a van - Incinerated; killed by Hope Mikaelson
- Marcel and Josh were last seen in Don't It Just Break Your Heart.
- Lisina was last seen in Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea.
- Keelin was last seen in One Wrong Turn On Bourbon.
- Greta is mentioned. She was last seen in What, Will, I, Have, Left.
- Hayley is mentioned and seen in a photo. She was last seen in What, Will, I, Have, Left.
- Kol and Rebekah were mentioned. They were last seen in Where You Left Your Heart.
- The Hollow is mentioned. She was last seen possessing Hope in The Feast of All Sinners.
- Declan is mentioned. He was last seen in What, Will, I, Have, Left.
- Roman is mentioned. He was last seen in What, Will, I, Have, Left.
- August was indirectly mentioned. He was last seen in Don't It Just Break Your Heart.
- Josie and Lizzie Saltzman were indirectly mentioned. They were last seen in I Was Feeling Epic on The Vampire Diaries.
- Richard Boulger's "From the Night" has been used again. It was previously used in Tangled Up In Blue.
- Mystic Falls, Virginia
- New Orleans, Louisiana
Behind the Scenes
- This episode marks Vincent Griffith's 50th appearance.
- "God's gonna trouble the water" is a verse from a song called "Wade in the Water".
- Josh: "This is my fault. I'm the one who let Greta get away."
- Vincent: "You can't beat yourself up over this Josh. Greta's plan was already in motion. You didn't start the fire you just got burnt by the flame, like everyone else."
- Josh: "Well still, I can't believe that this was our people that did this to Hayley."
- Marcel: "It was not our people, alright they our a cancer that needs to be wiped out."
- Vincent: "That can wait until tomorrow. Today is about grieving. I set up a truce between all four of the factions. This afternoon, we have the second line and then this evening we have our werewolf funeral."
- Josh: "And Klaus? Don't mean to be the doomsday prophet, but if he's in the city with Hope, he brings all that chaos back with him."
- Marcel: "No, no. He'll do the right thing for New Orleans, and his daughter."
- Josh: "Well for all our sakes, I certainly hope so."
- Vincent: "To Hayley."
- Marcel: "May she sleep with the angels, and I'm sure she'll teach them a thing or two."
- Caroline: "Dear Klaus, You and I are no strangers to heartbreak, and yet each loss hits more deeply then the one before. I've had to return to my daughters, as I'm sure you can understand. Please know, I am a phone call away if you need a friend. With all my sorrow, and with love for you and your family. Caroline."
- Hope: "Mom!"
- Freya: "Hope."
- Hope: "Mom?"
- Freya: "I'm here."
- Hope: "What happened? Where is she?"
- Freya: "Breathe, you're safe now."
- Hope: "Where is my mom?"
- Hayley: "Elijah."
- Hope: "My mom is dead. She's dead and it's my fault! And I need more than some half version of you!"
- Klaus: "I should have never agreed to this. I should be there beside her, holding her hand."
- Freya: "I know, but the consequences of you two being together have been escalating. We can't bring that kind of danger into the city."
- Emmett: "It's not just a movement. It is an army."
- Klaus: "I don't know what to do."