|“||All my life, all I ever wanted was for you lot to care about me.||”|
THE BIG DAY — With the final preparations for her union to Jackson underway, Hayley begins to question whether the ritual will actually work. After arriving to the compound, Elijah has a tense encounter with Klaus and quickly suspects that his brother may be up to something. Meanwhile, Kol, who is harboring a devastating secret from Davina, seeks help from Rebekah when he realizes time is not on his side. Lastly, Cami makes a startling revelation involving baby Hope. Marcel also appears.
It's night. Camille is driving, trying to find a pay phone, and Hope is crying. At an empty store, she gets out and brings Hope with her. She hears noise and threatens to gouge their eyes out if they try anything. Elijah says that's not necessary, and Camille asks what happened. He replies it's a discussion for the road, and they leave.
Hayley wants to leave to meet her daughter who's on the way to the compound with Camille and Elijah. But Klaus tells her she needs to reunite the packs and marry Jackson, if Hope is going to have an army to protect her.
Davina wonders why Kol didn't think to call her for help, but Kol is pleased that their having a proper spat; it's as if they're going steady. Kol suggests they work on the dagger.
Jackson and Aiden burn the bodies of the alphas. Aiden says the werewolves will want revenge, but Jackson replies that he'll make it clear it was the witches who used dark magic on the vampires. Klaus comes and brings a bag of heads of the werewolf alphas who refused to relinquish the moonlight rings.
Freya arrives in a morgue, and unzips a bag with a severely injured Finn with her protective pendant on him. She performs a spell to heal him. At the same time, Kol and Davina perform the spell that will create the dagger to put Klaus to sleep. It works. Davina kisses Kol, but Kol's nose begins to bleed. He lies and says it's because of the spell, it's too powerful not to have any physical effect. Finn wakes up in the morgue.
Rebekah brings Hayley a wedding dress. She's gonna miss the wedding, because she has to help Kol. Rebekah also tells Hayley she may be marrying a Kenner, but she'll always be a Mikaelson.
While preparations are underway, Jackson meets Hope for the first time. Elijah looks on.
Elijah goes to Klaus, and Klaus warns him not to dissuade Hayley from marrying Jackson. Elijah begins to think Klaus bullied Hayley's decision, but Klaus says Hayley is simply putting family first.
In her room, Elijah begins to tell Hayley something, but Hayley stops him. Ever since she first saw him, she felt everything for him, but he's never spoken about his feelings, but Jackson has, and she thinks she'll be happy with him. Elijah sheds a tear.
Jackson gives Hayley a necklace, the stone is moss agate. She was born under a planting moon, so it's her mineral totem. He wants her to have something that is hers, as she's wearing Rebekah's dress and getting married in Klaus' house.
The wedding goes on, and Elijah watches with Klaus. After Jackson kisses his bride, the wolves' eyes become amber for a moment. The unification ritual is complete. They have a reception, and Klaus publicly announces Hope to the wolves, and invites Jackson and Hayley to live in the compound.
Hayley says she didn't know Klaus would, but Elijah has decided to move out and help Marcel with his new community.
Davina finds Kol all weak, and he tells her he's dying. She and Rebekah try to help as best they can, but it's useless. Kol wants to be alone with Davina, and they have a last dance in the cemetery. Klaus, Rebekah and Elijah are on their way to the cemetery to be with him in his final moments. Rebekah promises to bring him back.
Freya tells Finn that Dahlia will find Hope through her magic, as it will serve as a beacon.
- Jackson meets Hope for the very first time.
- Finn is revived in this episode by Freya's magic, with help from her talisman, which he was wearing during his confrontation with Elijah in the previous episode.
- Hayley and Jackson marry with the wolves and vampires of New Orleans in attendance. Once the marriage is completed, the wolves' eyes glow amber to show their newly-found power as part of Hayley and Jackson's joint pack.
- Klaus kills the last remaining werewolf leaders who refused to relinquish their allegiance to the witches. Jackson considers this a kind gesture on Klaus' part, though in his usual twisted way.
- After the wedding, Klaus invites Hayley and Jackson to live in the compound with him.
- Hope is introduced to the New Orleans supernatural society during the wedding party.
- Elijah tells Hayley that he plans to leave the compound and live in Algiers with Marcel and his vampires. He believes that, with his guidance, the vampire community could grow in a positive way.
- Davina and Kol finally completed the golden dagger in this episode.
- Despite his and Rebekah's best efforts, Kol is unable to break the hex and dies at the end of the episode. He dies with Klaus, Elijah, Rebekah and Davina at his side. In his last moments, he claims to no longer fear death because his family are finally with him and care about his fate.
- Rebekah promises Kol before he dies that they will consecrate him as a New Orleans witch and that she will not leave her new body until she finds a way to resurrect him.
- After resurrecting Finn, Freya tells him that Dahlia will sense Hope when she starts to use magic and that Esther, for all her power, was nothing compared to their aunt.
- Oliver was mentioned in this episode. He was killed by a hex inflicted by the witches in Wheel Inside the Wheel.
- Elijah mentioned Ansel in this episode. He was killed by Klaus in Chasing the Devil's Tail.
- Kaleb Westphall - Hexed; killed by Finn Mikaelson.
- Kol - Hexed; killed by Finn Mikaelson as a spirit through Kaleb's death.
Behind the Scenes
- This is the first episode to bill Yusuf Gatewood as a series regular.
- This episode had about 1.44 million viewers in the USA.
- Klaus (to Hayley): "No family of mine is getting married in a swamp."
- Elijah (to Klaus): "What are you planning?"
- Klaus (to Elijah): "Let Jackson have Hayley. In truth, his reign will be short lived."
- Elijah (to Klaus): "You can't honestly believe that I will allow you to harm Jackson on the day of Hayley's wedding."
- Klaus (to Elijah): "He is not one of us."
- Kol (to Davina): "I'm not. We're under the same stars. It's some guy, and he's with his girl, and he thinks he's got all the time in the world, and he's right. And I hate him."
- Kol (to Klaus, Elijah and Rebekah): "All my life, all I ever wanted was for you lot to care about me."
- Rebekah (to Kol): "Kol, listen to me. You don't have long. You're going to die. But you will die a witch, and we will consecrate your body. You will join the Ancestors of the French Quarter and those spirits can be brought back. And I promise you, brother, I will not leave this body until I find a way to bring you home."