|“||When I first saw you, I broke. You broke me, and nothing has ever been the same since. I just want you to know that it was all real. Every moment, every touch, every word.||”|
Jackson Kenner, also known as Jack, was a major recurring character on The Originals. He first appeared in the third episode in his wolf form, while his human form appeared in the thirteenth episode of the first season. He was an Evolved Werewolf, alpha and member of the Crescent Wolf Pack. Jackson was the husband of Hayley Marshall-Kenner.
In Season One, Jackson was among the many Crescent werewolves who were cursed to stay in their wolf forms at all times except the night of the full moon. On that night each month the wolves returned to their original human forms for a brief time. When Jackson learned of Hayley's return to New Orleans, he was drawn to her. He served as her wolf bodyguard against those who intended to harm both her and her then-unborn child. Later Hayley was finally able to convince the witch who cursed the Crescent pack, Céleste Dubois, to break the curse and set them free. Afterward, Jackson returned to his role as Alpha to the Crescents and helped Hayley adjust to life in a werewolf pack.
In Season Two, Jackson worked closely with Hayley in an effort to stop Esther and Finn Mikaelson and finally unite all of the werewolf clans under their leadership. In The Brothers That Care Forgot, Jackson and Hayley gave a speech to the werewolves to announce their intention to perform The Unification Ceremony that would allow Hayley to share her hybrid control over her transformation with the entire pack. Jackson eventually married Hayley in I Love You, Goodbye which led him to become an Evolved Werewolf, along with the rest of the Crescent Wolf Clan who were in attendance at the ceremony.
As of Fire with Fire, Jackson, along with Hayley and the other Crescent wolves, have once again had the Crescent Curse placed on them by a witch (in this case, Dahlia, under Klaus Mikaelson's instruction), and are trapped in their wolf form at all times except the night of the full moon.
In Season Three, Jackson began working closely with Hayley and the Mikaelson family in order to ensure their safety in New Orleans. Despite his complicated marriage with Hayley, he proved his love for her and that he was willing to stand by her no matter what. However, in A Ghost Along the Mississippi, Jackson was kidnapped by the Strix, along with Hayley. Shortly after their abduction, Hayley was forced to watch Jackson be tortured and executed by Tristan de Martel. Unfortunately, Jackson's death was a part of Tristan's revenge scheme against the Mikaelson family. Before Jackson died, he made it clear to Hayley that he was willing to stand by her no matter what. Jackson's death left a huge impact on Hayley.
Jackson was a member of the Kenner family, one of two royal families within the Crescent Wolf Pack. Out of a desire to bridge the gap that had formed between the pack, his parents, and the heads of the royal family, the Labonairs, decided to put their children in an arranged marriage. Thus Jackson was betrothed to Hayley, then known as Andréa. However, Jackson's grandfather Richard Xavier Dumas hated that the Labonairs were intent on making peace with the vampires, so he killed Hayley's parents, resulting in Andréa being adopted by the Marshall family and leaving her hometown.
Not long after, the vampires attacked the werewolves and many were killed. The vampire convinced a witch to put a curse on the pack, which trapped the surviving Crescents who had triggered their werewolf genes in their wolf forms. Their only respite being the night of the full moon, when they were briefly able to transform back into humans for a few short hours.
While growing up, Jackson was like most kids with the werewolf gene - very angry, and when he ultimately killed a human and triggered his werewolf gene, he only became angrier because it also triggered his Crescent Curse, which forced him into his wolf form full-time. Jackson eventually calmed down when the pack's former alpha was killed, forcing him to step up and become the new alpha to protect his people.
Throughout The Originals Series
In The Tale of Two Wolves, he is revealed to have found peace and is playing the guitar before seeing Hayley and Hope arriving, standing up, looking shocked and surprised.
Jackson was headstrong and had no problem saying what was on his mind. He also cared for the well-being of the werewolves and protected them no matter what, even if it means he gets hurt instead. This was especially true of those in his family, as he will fight to the death for his blood relatives such as Aiden and Mary along with his wife Hayley and his step-daughter Hope.
He was also a born leader and has tremendous pride as the Alpha of his pack; despite this quality, he rarely jumped to conclusions before he learned all the facts, as evidenced by his insistence that the werewolves not blame the vampires for the Bayou bombing until they knew for sure who did it; similarly, Jackson later insisted that the vampires (who had accidentally killed several visiting Alpha werewolves after Finn Mikaelson cast a spell on them that increased their bloodlust to ravenous levels) not be blamed by the rest of the wolves for the deaths, as he knew that they were under the influence of dark magic at the time.
However, this quality was sometimes be forgotten by Jackson when it come to those he cared about, as he had no qualms immediately blaming Klaus for his closest friend/relative Aiden's death, when in reality he had been killed by Dahlia; he still did not actually have any evidence that Klaus did kill Aiden.
Jackson was intelligent, as he was able to figure out that it was Francesca Guerrera who was behind the Bayou bombing.
Jackson was a male werewolf with light olive skin, brown eyes, and curly dark brown hair.
Powers and Abilities
Jackson possessed the standard powers and abilities of an Evolved Werewolf. Due to the wedding ceremony being completed, Jackson along with the rest of the pack had new abilities which include turning at will, it is unknown if he was as strong and fast like non-original werewolf-vampire hybrids. But he was strong for an evolved werewolf as he was able to take down Strix vampires who were extremely older than him.
Jackson had the typical weaknesses of an evolved werewolf.
- Main article: Hayley and Jackson
- "I want you to know that I didn't marry you for all of those people. I married you for me."
- —Hayley to Jackson in I Love You, Goodbye
Hayley was Jackson's wife. Jackson had watched Hayley as a wolf for years, so he’s had a lot of time to get to know her. He officially got to talk to her in his human form when the full moon came up. He introduced himself to her and revealed himself as the wolf who's been protecting her. He told her of their engagement, which surprised her. Later, she promised to break the curse placed upon him and their family. When the curse was broken and he finally got to talk to her in person, they spent more time together, especially after she decided to live in the Bayou. He became even more attracted to her after he witnessed how strong she was as a leader in her efforts to unite the pack and fight for the werewolves' involvement in the peace treaty. He worked with her to protect their family and friends. Jackson continued to hope to have a chance with her, but, most of all, he wants Hayley to be safe and happy. In the end, Jackson told Hayley he loved her before Tristan killed him and Hayley is forced to continue living without him. As revenge for Jackson’s death, Hayley went after and killed all the members of the Strix responsible for Jackson’s execution.
- Main article: Jackson and Oliver
Oliver was Jackson's best friend. Jackson thought of him as a brother and a lieutenant in helping run the pack. Oliver, however, was much more aggressive in nature than Jackson, which caused a strain in their friendship. That strain grew bigger when Oliver began making moves to take control of the pack, not seeing Jackson as being fit to lead. Oliver took over as alpha briefly but before his death, reaffirmed that Jackson is the true alpha. When Oliver died, they parted on good terms.
- Main article: Hope and Jackson
Jackson didn't care much about Hope at the beginning. Later in I Love You, Goodbye, as he married Hayley, He becomes Hope's step-father. He promised to protect her along with Hayley and Klaus. Jackson was good with Hope as he managed to settle her when she was upset.
- Klaus and Jackson (Former Allies/Rivals/Enemies)
- Hayley, Elijah, and Jackson (Former Love Triangle/Friends/Family)
- Aiden and Jackson (Former Friends/Former Allies)
- Freya and Jackson (Friends/Former Allies)
- Jackson and Tristan (Enemies/Tristan's Victim)
- Jackson is a common give name and surname derived from the English surname meaning "son of Jack".
- Kenner is Gaelic and means "brave chieftain".
- He was one of Hayley's werewolf acquaintances. He had the underlying ruggedness of a werewolf raised in the Bayou, but he was magnetic, intelligent and strong-willed - the natural trusted leader of his pack.
- In Crescent City, it's revealed he and Hayley were betrothed at birth in hopes of uniting the werewolves.
- In Moon Over Bourbon Street, he made an alliance with Klaus which was meant to result in Klaus giving him moonlight rings for his pack.
- In The Big Uneasy, Oliver said that the Crescent Wolf Pack and Klaus' father's pack (the Northeast Atlantic Pack) have been going at each other since the beginning of time.
- In The Battle of New Orleans, Jackson told Oliver he loved him like a brother.
- Jackson's bloodline dates back to the beginning of werewolf history.
- Before the curse was lifted from the Crescent wolves, Jackson protected Hayley as if he instinctively knew she was a part of his pack.
- Jackson seemed to show full control while in his wolf form, which was uncharacteristic of even the most experienced werewolves. This was likely because he has spent much longer in wolf form than the typical werewolf.
- If Jackson's deleted scenes from From a Cradle to a Grave are anything to go by, Jackson had a very strong moral code, as he was unwilling to accept a moonlight ring in exchange for joining the Guerrera werewolves. This makes a strong statement, because the majority of werewolves, no matter how much they love their kind, have made their desire to not have to transform on full moons well known; Jackson himself was even eager to not have to turn anymore when it was believed that the Crescents would be getting the rings.
- In Chasing the Devil’s Tail, Jackson displayed skill with a bow and arrow. He may have learned from Ansel, who had also displayed great prowess with a bow, having lived with and learned from him for months.
- In Sanctuary, it's revealed by Jackson that his grandfather killed Hayley's parents.
- In I Love You, Goodbye, Jackson met Hope and married Hayley.
- Jackson was the second werewolf shown to be possessed, the first was Tyler.
- In his case it was as a way for Dahlia to send a message, while Tyler was a vessel for Klaus, who had jumped into his body after he had narrowly escaped being killed in his own body by Alaric Saltzman.
- As of Fire with Fire, Jackson was once again a cursed werewolf.
- Jackson was the second person, after Cami, to know the truth of what really happened to Hope.
- As of Savior Jackson admitted that he sees the Mikaelsons (or at least Freya) as part of his pack.
- Jackson was killed by Tristan de Martel in A Ghost Along the Mississippi.
- In The Tale of Two Wolves, it was revealed that Jackson found peace and was residing in a wooded area with his deceased relatives and packmates, such as his grandmother Mary. He was then later joined by his wife Hayley upon her death in What, Will, I, Have, Left.
- In Heart Shaped Box, it was revealed that the Unification Ceremony gave Jackson an identical heart to Hayley's. His heart was buried in a sapling by Hayley before it was taken by Marcel for Aya to use in an Unlinking Spell used against the Mikaelsons, allowing the sirelines of those to be unlinked from them and be independent without having to kill Hayley in the process.
|Jackson Kenner has a photo gallery.|