|“||It's you and me, Stefan. Always.||”|
— Elena Gilbert lets Stefan drink her blood
MASON’S PAST IS REVEALED — Tyler learns more about the Lockwood family curse from Mason. Stefan and Damon argue over how to handle Mason. Elena tries to keep Jeremy from becoming more involved with the Lockwood mystery, but Jeremy makes an effort to hang out with Tyler and Mason gives Sheriff Forbes some startling information, leading to a night of violence, confessions and heartbreak.
- Antagonist: Mason Lockwood.
- Elizabeth Forbes learns that Caroline, Damon and Stefan are vampires in this episode.
- Mason meets Elena and Caroline in this episode.
- Caroline kills two deputies in this episode; she fed on one to protect Stefan and Damon, and used another as a human shield to prevent herself from being shot.
- After finding out that Caroline, Damon, and Stefan are vampires, Liz is locked up in the cellar of the Salvatore Boarding House until the vervain is out of her system so she can be compelled to forget that she knew what they are.
- Stefan decides to start drinking small amounts of human blood to build up his tolerance so he will no longer have to worry about dying from being injured because he's too weak from drinking animal blood to heal, like he was in this episode.
- Elena supports his decision, but encourages him to drink her blood instead of blood bags so she can help him through it.
- Tyler, who just learned about his werewolf heritage in the previous episode, nearly triggered his werewolf curse when he accidentally pushed Sarah down the stairs when he was trying to wrestle the moonstone out of her hands. Fortunately, she was fine, and only had the wind knocked out of her.
- Tyler admitted to Jeremy that lycanthropy runs in the Lockwood family, and that though his uncle Mason is a werewolf, he won't be unless he accidentally or intentionally takes a human life.
- Caroline confessed to Elena that Katherine has been forcing her to spy on her and to interfere with her relationship with Stefan, and Elena admitted that she has known the entire time.
- Bar in Emerard Coast
- Mystic Falls, Virginia
- Bonnie, Matt, Jenna, and Alaric do not appear in this episode.
- Jeremy was last seen in Brave New World.
- Sheriff Jess - Shot to death, used as human shield by Caroline Forbes to protect her from being shot by Deputy 2.
- Sheriff #2 - Exsanguinated, killed by Damon Salvatore.
- "Give Peace a Chance" is a 1969 single written by John Lennon that became an anthem of the American anti-war movement of the 1960s.
- The Bionic Woman: the way that Caroline moves her hair, and the camera focus on her ear is just the way Jaime Sommers used to focus her hearing.
- Killed or Be Killed is a 1977 martial arts movie. Even though this movie was made in 1977. it wasn't released until 1980.
Behind the Scenes
- This episode had about 3.50 million viewers in USA, which was 0.3 million more than the previous episode.
- Damon: "What are you doing?"
- Stefan: "Negotiating peace on your behalf."
- Damon (complains): "But I don't want peace!"
- Stefan: "Huh. Consider it opposite day."
- Damon: "Stefan, please tell me you don't seriously think a handshake just solved our problem."
- Stefan: "No, actually, I think that the first chance Mason Lockwood gets, he's gonna drive a stake through your heart, and then through mine. All because you took it upon yourself to try and kill him. So thank you, 'cause we don't have enough problems."
- Damon (to Elena): "Hey... Stefan didn't drink the people blood. But he needs to. And deep down, you know that."
- Elena (to Stefan): "It`s you and me, Stefan. Always."
- Stefan: "Okay how about this? Today, when we`re fighting, if I say 'I can`t do this anymore, Elena,' what I really mean is that I love you."
- Elena: "And when I say 'Fine, Stefan. Whatever,' that'll mean that I love you, too."