|This article is about an episode of Legacies. You may be looking for Malivore, a location.|
|“||Something attacked me, and I woke up in an endless darkness. I could feel the presence of others, but not see or hear them. I was there for so long, and then, just as suddenly, I found myself not far from here. With an urge to possess that knife. [...] It's like something something pressing inside me, telling me to take it. [...] There is a dark pit beneath the earth. Locked away. I can see it. I can feel it. I am meant to take the knife there. If I do, I will find peace and finally be free.||”|
ELECTION FEVER — Tensions rise among the students after Alaric decides to give the students a bigger voice by forming an honor council. Determined to find out more about Landon's past, Hope does a series of magical tests on him. Meanwhile, Alaric and Dorian take on the next creature to try and find out what they want and where they are coming from.
- Antagonist: Dryad, Malivore (indirectly)
- Lizzie and MG ran for the honor council at the Salvatore school made by Alaric, though they were not elected.
- Dorian and Alaric figured out the pattern that the monsters come one at a time, that he already had to kill a "crazy wraith thing". Prior to the Dryad, none of the previous creatures could communicate.
- The Dryad also confirms that she, at least at one point in time, was (or is) not the only one of her species.
- At an unknown point in time, supernatural species other than witches, werewolves, and vampires, were known to the world. However, something happened that erased their existence from the world. This is shown when Oliver no longer recognized the dryad he had fallen in love with and became a vampire for.
- Hope uses a magical 'truth sphere' to test whether Landon is telling the truth or lying about his life. When he tells a truth, the sphere glows blue; conversely, when he lies, the sphere turns bright red.
- When Landon gets ready to depart to New Orleans, Hope gives him a bracelet that, should he ever need her, will lead her to him with a similar bracelet. Hope's bracelet acts like a compass that glows blue and points in the direction of Landon's bracelet. These two bracelets are seemingly magical in nature, but details surround these two objects remain unclear.
- Vincent Griffith was indirectly mentioned by Hope. He was last seen in When The Saints Go Marching In on The Originals.
- The Dragon was mentioned. She was last seen in Some People Just Want To Watch The World Burn.
- Petrotho was indirectly mentioned. He was last seen in We're Being Punked, Pedro.
- The Arachne was indirectly mentioned. It was last seen in Hope is Not the Goal.
- Connor was indirectly mentioned. He was last seen in Some People Just Want To Watch The World Burn.
- Bonnie Bennett was mentioned by Dorian. She was last seen in I Was Feeling Epic on The Vampire Diaries.
- Isobel Flemming and Jenna Sommers were indirectly mentioned by Alaric. Isobel was last seen in Know Thy Enemy and Jenna was last seen in I Was Feeling Epic as a spirit on The Vampire Diaries.
- Josette Laughlin was indirectly mentioned. She was last seen in I Was Feeling Epic as a spirit on The Vampire Diaries.
- Dana Lilien was indirectly mentioned. She was last seen in Hope is Not the Goal.
Behind the Scenes
- Emma: "We need to learn more about Landon's past."
- Hope: "If we can't figure out what you are, then you can't stay at this school."
- Hope: "I wanted me to administer your tests."
- Alaric: "Try not to kill him."
- Landon: "There's no way I'm putting my future in your hands."
- Jed: "You don't belong here."
- Hope: "Do you honestly think that you're safe here?"
- Jed: "Everything was fine before you show up."
- Landon: "What are you doing here?"
- Hope: "Dr. Saltzman wanted me to administer your tests, starting with some weird mystical blood analysis."
- Landon: "No."
- Hope: "Excuse me?"
- Landon: "No! These tests determine whether or not I get to stay at the school, right? There's no way I'm putting my future in your hands. You're biased!"
- Hope: "I'm not biased! Besides, neither of us has a choice. Believe me, this is not how I would choose to spend my day, either."
- Landon: "See? Biased."
- Hope: "Landon...The last thing you told me was that you wanted to find answers about who or what you are. I want those answers, too. So, let's just get through this."
- Alaric: "Some students have expressed concern that I am not allowing you to have a say in the decisions that affect your future. And I agree. If you are expected to abide by this school's policies, it's only fair that you have a voice in how those rules are made. So, I am forming an honor council. One vampire, one witch, and one werewolf, each elected by their peers, along with our school counselor Emma, whose vote will represent the younger students. Now, I have to go off-campus. In the meantime, I expect you to make good decisions and to vote wisely. That's all. You're dismissed."
- Dryad: "You deceived me."
- Dorian: "Ric? I got one that talks."
- Dorian: "It's time to talk."
- Dryad: "Why would I talk to evil creatures who kill?"
- Alaric: "Uh, anything yet?"
- Dorian: "Just some light judgement."
- Alaric: "So, I am forming an honor council. One vampire, one witch, and one werewolf, each elected by their peers."
- Lizzie: "I'm not worried about losing the election, I'm worried about what I'm going to wear to my victory rally!"
- Penelope: "I personally believe that you deserve a better candidate."
- Josie: " So, you're running for honor council just to spite her? That's low, Penelope, even for you."