- 1 ST. LOUIS CATHEDRAL / MIKAELSON COMPOUND
- 2 LOUIS ARMSTRONG NEW ORLEANS INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
- 3 LUCIEN'S PENTHOUSE
- 4 ST. ANNE'S CHURCH
- 5 KENNER APARTMENT
- 6 MIKAELSON COMPOUND
- 7 ROUSSEAU'S
- 8 MIKAELSON COMPOUND
- 9 LUCIEN'S PENTHOUSE
- 10 MIKAELSON COMPOUND
- 11 ST. LOUIS CATHEDRAL
- 12 LAFAYETTE CEMETERY
- 13 MIKAELSON COMPOUND
- 14 LAFAYETTE CEMETERY
- 15 MIKAELSON COMPOUND
- 16 LAFAYETTE CEMETERY
- 17 MIKAELSON COMPOUND
- 18 MIKAELSON COMPOUND
- 19 LUCIEN'S PENTHOUSE
- 20 GILLESPIE'S PUB
- 21 CAMI'S APARTMENT / OUTSIDE LUCIEN'S PENTHOUSE
- 22 KENNER APARTMENT
- 23 MIKAELSON COMPOUND / FRENCH QUARTER
- 24 See More
ST. LOUIS CATHEDRAL / MIKAELSON COMPOUND
[Elijah, Marcel, and Hayley have come to the attic of ST. LOUIS CATHEDRAL to meet with Freya, who has lit dozens of white candles in preparation for more spellwork as the four discuss what they have learned in the last day or so]
- HAYLEY: [confused] So, where is Klaus?
[Freya, who is leaning against the table and looking exhausted, sighs]
- FREYA: When I told him about Rebekah, he said he'd pursue another lead.
[Elijah takes Freya's athame and uses it to slice open his palm so he can bleed into a bronze bowl on the table, which lays on top of a large, pristine paper map that covers the entire table top]
- ELIJAH: Forget Niklaus.
[Elijah whips out his handkerchief, which he uses to clean up his hands after he finishes bleeding into the bowl. He then hands the bowl to Freya]
- ELIJAH: You will find her.
[Marcel looks at Freya nervously]
- MARCEL: Now, you sure you got enough ju-ju for a world-wide locator spell?
- FREYA: [determinedly] She's my family. I won't lose her.
[Freya takes a deep breath before putting her hands around the rim of the bowl of blood and beginning the spell]
- FREYA: [chants] Le six ce strul no cruv. Le six ce strul no cruv.
[Meanwhile, at the MIKAELSON COMPOUND, Aurora is sprawled out on her stomach on Klaus' bed while Klaus himself sits on the floor in front of the bed frame, sipping on a glass of bourbon. After a moment, Aurora smirks playfully and leans forward to start kissing Klaus' neck from behind, and the expression on his face is torn between pleasure and fury. Klaus finishes his drink before jumping to his feet and spinning to face Aurora at vampire speed, causing her to gasp in shock for a moment. He then grabs her roughly by the hair and begins to kiss her passionately, which she returns in kind. When he pulls away, they stare at each other breathlessly for a split second before he pushes her backward onto the bed and crawls on top of her]
[At ST. LOUIS CATHEDRAL, Freya continues the spell as she pours the bowl full of blood onto the map where Africa is situated]
- FREYA: [chants] Le six ce strul no cruv.
[Freya hands the bowl to Elijah, who joins her, Hayley, and Marcel in watching the map hopefully. Freya focuses all of her energy on concentrating on Rebekah, but the blood just spreads out until it is covering the entire map]
- FREYA: [frustratedly] Damnit!
[Elijah looks at the others in alarm, while Freya, Hayley, and Marcel look disappointed]
- HAYLEY: Well, so much for witch-GPS.
- FREYA: [shakily] I assumed they'd cloaked her. I didn't expect a spell this strong.
- ELIJAH: [anxiously] No doubt conjured by the very witch who lured Rebekah into this trap.
[Freya sighs, visibly frustrated and stressed by this turn of events, before sitting down at her table to brainstorm]
- FREYA: You should all go. I have my work cut out for me.
[Marcel turns his attention to Elijah]
- MARCEL: The Strix trust me. If they know where Rebekah is, I can find her.
[Elijah starts to walk toward the staircase to leave, looking frantic]
- ELIJAH: There's no time. You need to stop Davina from activating Lucien and Tristan's weapon.
- MARCEL: [exasperatedly] We need to find Rebekah!
- ELIJAH: [impatiently] Marcel, I will not rest until my sister is found.
[Marcel pauses for a moment before sighing and conceding to him with a reluctant nod]
- MARCEL: All right. I'll handle Davina.
[Marcel leaves the attic just as Hayley turns to Elijah]
- HAYLEY: Well, in the meantime, please tell me that we're gonna kill someone?
- ELIJAH: Oh, we're going to kill many someones. But first-- if we are to start a war, let us determine where allegiances lie.
[Elijah turns without another word and leaves the cathedral]
[Some time later, Elijah returns to the MIKAELSON COMPOUND, where he begins to loudly call out for Klaus as soon as he enters the courtyard]
- ELIJAH: Niklaus! Niklaus!
[Just then, Klaus appears on the balcony behind him, looking unamused]
- KLAUS: You shout loud enough to wake the dead.
- ELIJAH: [annoyed] Can't pick up your phone? Your sister is missing.
[Before Klaus can reply, Aurora comes out onto the balcony in Klaus' button-down shirt and joins their conversation. Klaus immediately sighs in embarrassment as Aurora addresses Elijah cheerfully]
- AURORA: Well... She's not exactly missing. And, as long as everyone behaves themselves, you can trust me to tell you where she is.
[Klaus smiles a tiny smile at Elijah in hopes that he will understand that he has a plan, but Elijah just stares at him, clearly appalled by Aurora's presence. Aurora's fake-nice tone of voice disappears and is replaced by a more sarcastic one]
- AURORA: Hello, Elijah.
[Elijah glares at her furiously]
- ELIJAH: Give me my sister. Or perhaps I can pay a little visit to your brother, Tristan.
- KLAUS: [exasperatedly] Elijah, please. Aurora and I have come to an agreement.
[Klaus places one hand on Aurora's back, and Elijah continues to gape at them in horror as Aurora links her arm with Klaus' free one and gives Elijah a territorial glare. Klaus gives Elijah a sheepish look as though he's embarrassed about having to play along with her game]
- AURORA: [smiles] Yes, Nik and I find now that your vile act of compulsion has been revealed, there's really no reason why we can't pick up where we left off a thousand years ago.
[Klaus pulls Aurora closer to him so that their faces are only inches apart]
- KLAUS: Go on, love. I need to have a word with my brother.
[Aurora smiles and nuzzles her nose in his neck before she leaves, and Klaus once again shoots a sheepish smile at Elijah]
[The scene cuts to Klaus' study, where he and Elijah are arguing about Klaus' plans]
- ELIJAH: Am I to assume that you've gone completely mad?
[Klaus walks over to Elijah with two drinks in his hands and gives one to him]
- KLAUS: You see madness, I see method!
- ELIJAH: [rolls his eyes] And that method would be what, Niklaus? To fornicate with the she-devil who took our sister?
- KLAUS: To be clear, The Strix took our sister. Aurora simply hijacked her. I will get Rebekah back. Trust me. Keeping Aurora close garners the goodwill we need.
[Klaus sips his drink as Elijah considers this plan]
- ELIJAH: Well, it is a bold-- if lecherous-- plan. Will you employ the same tactic when it comes time to retrieve the medallion from Lucien and Tristan?
- KLAUS: [smirks] They're not really my type.
[Elijah, thoroughly exasperated by Klaus' behavior, sighs deeply and closes his eyes for a long moment until Klaus, understanding Elijah's fear, sighs as well]
- KLAUS: There must be another way.
- ELIJAH: [brainstorms] Aurora will always protect Tristan... And, given that he and Lucien are aligned, the three of them together have a distinct advantage on us.
[Klaus seems intrigued by where Elijah is going with this, and Elijah suddenly gets an idea]
- ELIJAH: ...Unless we break that advantage.
- KLAUS: [impressed] Now there's a strategy I wholeheartedly endorse! What do you have in mind?
- ELIJAH: It's Thanksgiving. Let's invite them for a friendly meal, systematically turn them against one another, and then devastate their pitiful alliance!
[Klaus grins devilishly at Elijah, and the two tap their glasses against each other in toast]
- ELIJAH: [smiles] I can feel the holiday spirit already!
[Elijah leaves the room, and Klaus smiles enthusiastically]
TITLE CARD & OPENING CREDITS
LOUIS ARMSTRONG NEW ORLEANS INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
[Tristan, who has arrived to the airport in his customary limousine, walks toward a storage locker near the runway, where a Mikaelson coffin is sitting inside. As soon as he is near it, he opens the coffin lid to find that there is nothing inside except for two unmarked envelopes laying on the pillow. Just as he's panicking about this unexpected outcome, Aurora appears behind him and smiles smugly]
- AURORA: Perhaps I should apologize. I know you were expecting to find Rebekah's body, but I've got other plans.
[Tristan sighs in frustration as he picks up the envelopes and closes the lid to the coffin before turning to address his sister]
- TRISTAN: Aurora... What am I to do with you?
- AURORA: Oh, my dear brother. After all this time, why not simply chose to trust me?
- TRISTAN: Well, because I know you arrived in this city days ago. You've had time to poison Lucien's witch and see your infamous ex, but you've all but ignored your own brother.
- AURORA: [coldly] Well, next time, don't leave me a prisoner in some stuffy monastery.
- TRISTAN: Message received. Unfortunately, for those poor monks...
[Tristan pauses for a moment before continuing]
- TRISTAN: May I ask what you did with the head of your sire line? Acquiring her was part of my plan.
- AURORA: [scoffs] Oh, yes. That plan. That plan that you and Lucien were keeping from me.
- TRISTAN: You were recovering! And, if you must know, we needed Rebekah as bait to lure Klaus and Elijah. She'd have been perfectly safe with us. You'd have been safe.
- AURORA: [smiles fakely] Yes, well, I prefer to be in control of my own fate.
- TRISTAN: Hmm.
[Tristan holds up both of the envelopes in front of Aurora's face]
- TRISTAN: Should I even bother to ask what these are?
- AURORA: Call it insurance. Perhaps you'll trust me now.
[Aurora plucks one of the envelopes out of Tristan's hand]
- AURORA: You'll need to if you are to join me for dinner at the Mikaelsons.
- TRISTAN: I received their invitation to this Thanksgiving summit. It's clearly a trap.
- AURORA: [sighs] Open the envelope. Put your mind at ease.
[Aurora caresses Tristan's face gently with her hand]
- AURORA: You're my family, Tristan. You have always taken care of me. Allow me to return the favor.
[Aurora smiles and walks away, turning back once to give Tristan one parting glance before she does so]
[Outside Lucien's apartment building, the streets are filled with people as Gurufish plays their song called "Funky Atmosphere" on a stage covered in Thanksgiving decorations. Runners in the Turkey Trot marathon make their way to the finish line and cheer in triumph]
[Inside Lucien's penthouse, Lucien comes into the living room with his jacket in hand to find a very displeased Cami sitting in an armchair]
- LUCIEN: Oh, don't you look lovely!
[Cami continues to scowl at him, and he feigns concern]
- LUCIEN: Something wrong?
- CAMI: [sarcastically] Should I make a list? You tortured Detective Kinney, gave him a compulsion lobotomy, not to mention you're holding me against my will.
[Cami looks at Lucien, who has her cell phone in his hand and is typing a text message, and she gives him a look]
- CAMI: And using up all of my minutes. I mean, I appreciate your dead witch's hand-me-downs and remembering to feed me, but did you really think I was just going to smile and eat up?
- LUCIEN: Well, think of all the poor people who are starving in...
[Lucien thinks of an impoverished region to mention, but when he comes up blank, he just shrugs]
- LUCIEN: ...Well, somewhere.
[Lucien walks over to the mirror and puts on his jacket before adjusting his tie]
- LUCIEN: I'd join you, but I've been called to dine with the Mikaelsons.
- CAMI: [sarcastically] Are they going to serve your head on a platter?
- LUCIEN: [smirks] Doubtful. Niklaus and I are allies, now that the evil Tristan is in town.
[Lucien picks up Cami's phone again and returns to typing a text with it]
- LUCIEN: Um, let me ask-- are you more likely to tell Vincent that you're drowning in a tub of bourbon or awash in a sea of chardonnay?
- CAMI: [coldly] Go to hell.
- LUCIEN: [shrugs] Bourbon it is!
- CAMI: Do you really think you can trick my friends into thinking I'm fine? Someone's gonna notice that I'm gone, and when they do, they'll track me here.
- LUCIEN: Well, not within the next few hours, by which time you'll be free of vervain, and I'll be able to compel you to forget everything. Including all manner of tortures and punishments I might yet employ, should you continue to prove disrespectful.
[Cami glares at Lucien, but before either of them can reply, they hear a knock on the door, which causes Lucien to smirk at her]
- LUCIEN: That'll be the nanny!
[Lucien walks over to the door and opens it, allowing a large, burly man to walk into the room. Lucien chuckles as he makes his introductions to Cami]
- LUCIEN: This is Anton, a very loyal and very dangerous friend. Tread carefully.
[Lucien turns back to talk to Anton]
- LUCIEN: Oh, and, uh, Anton? If you should not hear from me by nightfall, go on and kill her. But, do it quickly. Oh, and for God's sake, don't ask if she has any final words-- you'll be here through the weekend.
[Lucien smiles at them before he takes his leave, shutting the door behind him. Once he's gone, Anton looks over at Cami, who looks both angry and afraid of what he could do to her]
ST. ANNE'S CHURCH
[Marcel is standing on the balcony overlooking the nave of the church, watching as several of his vampires spar with each other in the cage. After a moment, Davina joins him]
- MARCEL: You said you'd be here fifteen minutes ago.
- DAVINA: [shrugs] I got held up. What's the problem?
[Marcel gives her a stern look]
- MARCEL: The problem is that there's a new group of vampires in town.
- DAVINA: Oh, The Strix?
[This time, Davina is the one who gives Marcel an incredulous look]
- DAVINA: You think the Ancestors wouldn't give me a heads up?
- MARCEL: Did the Ancestors also give you a heads-up that The Strix are looking for you?
[Davina's smug smile falls, and she begins to look nervous as Marcel continues to explain]
- MARCEL: The Strix want you to help them take down the Mikaelsons. Now, if you say no, they will kill you. If you say yes, Klaus will do something much worse.
[Davina considers this information as Marcel places his hand on her arm and pleads with her]
- MARCEL: Please, D. Let me help you get out of town.
[Davina puts her hand on Marcel's arm and looks at him determinedly]
- DAVINA: I'm not going anywhere.
[Marcel looks at her with exasperation and worry, but Davina stands her ground]
- DAVINA: Marcel, you still see me as this little girl in the attic. I'm not that girl anymore. I don't run from anyone.
[Davina turns and walks away, leaving a very worried Marcel behind]
[The Turkey Trot marathon is still going strong on the streets of the French Quarter. Jackson stands on the balcony and watches the runners pass the apartment for a moment until Hayley comes out and joins him]
- HAYLEY: Hey. Hope is down for a nap. I thought if I leave no, I could be back in time for dinner.
- JACKSON: [sighs] I can't believe you're actually consideringthis.
[Hayley's expression is guilty-looking as she walks over to Jackson]
- HAYLEY: I want to be here with you and Hope, but I can't just do nothing! And Jack, those sireline-losers took Rebekah.
- JACKSON: Yeah-- they also went after you. Look, let Klaus and Elijah handle this.
[Hayley gives him a look]
- HAYLEY: Rebekah kept Hope safe for months. She's my friend, and she's Hope's family. I'm not gonna look my daughter in the eye one day and explain to her that I sat back and did nothing while those people just kidnapped her aunt.
[Jackson lowers his voice so as to not wake Hope, but it's clear he is not at all happy about Hayley's plans]
- JACKSON: Hayley, you didn't do nothing! You kept your daughter safe. You let Klaus do things his way. This dinner is gonna be a bloodbath, and last time I checked, the Mikaelsons didn't need help killing anyone.
[Hayley still looks torn about her options, and Jackson sighs in frustration]
- JACKSON: Look, babe... It's Thanksgiving. I... I don't see why this has to be a fight.
- HAYLEY: It doesn't. I hear you.
[Hayley smiles weakly as she moves closer to Jackson, and he kisses her on the forehead as he wraps her in a hug. Down below, more Turkey Trot runners cross the finish line as the crowd on the sidelines cheer for them]
[A formal dinner table has been set up in the courtyard, and the bar that Klaus and Elijah destroyed in their last fight has been replaced and filled with fancy decanters full of various forms of alcohol, along with plates of grapes, cheese, and bread as hors d'oerves. Lucien is at the bar, pouring himself a glass of bourbon, when Tristan arrives with a bouquet of flowers in a large pot in his hand]
- LUCIEN: [cheerfully] Aw, flowers for me? You shouldn't have!
[Tristan rolls his eyes as he lays the pot of flowers on the other end of the bar, and Lucien pops a grape into his mouth before sitting on one of the barstools]
- TRISTAN: They're for the lady of the house. The well-mannered bring a gift when invited to dinner. I assume you brought nothing?
- LUCIEN: [snarkily] Nothing but my deepest respect for you.
[Just then, Klaus enters the room, having changed into a nice black velvet dinner jacket over his usual dark henley and jeans]
- KLAUS: Lovely. We're all getting along!
- LUCIEN: Mmm, like a fuse and a match.
- KLAUS: I take it Aurora is on her way?
[At the sound of her name, Aurora waltzes into the room in a vintage, dark-purple velvet dress with large, puffy sleeves and smiles widely at those in the room]
- AURORA: I'm sorry I'm late. Just freshening up. I did want to look pretty.
[Klaus smiles at her in amusement, though his smile falls when she walks straight toward Lucien, who seems to have been momentarily stricken speechless by the sight of her]
- AURORA: Well, well. If it isn't my old friend Lucien.
[Lucien begins to recover from the shock enough to reply]
- LUCIEN: Hello, Aurora. It's been ages. You look...
[Klaus, seemingly jealous of this interaction, quickly walks toward Aurora and takes her hand in his own]
- KLAUS: You look ravishing.
[Klaus kisses her hand, which makes both Lucien and Tristan uncomfortable. However, before the three of them can start a fight, Elijah descends the staircase and joins Klaus and their guests in the courtyard]
- ELIJAH: Welcome to our home! I do wish it was under better circumstances. We all face a common threat-- a prophecy warning that my siblings and I would all fall within a year.
[Elijah pauses dramatically]
- ELIJAH: I fear my sister already has.
[After a moment of awkward silence, Tristan speaks up]
- TRISTAN: Only as a precautionary measure, I assure you.
[Lucien looks at Tristan in surprise and disapproval, and Elijah, too, does not seem pleased by this information]
- ELIJAH: Interesting. You see, I would have called it an entirely unnecessary measure. We need to unite to prevent the prophecy from coming to pass. And, since any alliance is impossible without honesty...
[Elijah and Klaus exchange a quick look before Elijah continues]
- ELIJAH: Let us begin this evening's proceedings by formally acknowledging your clandestine alliance.
[Elijah gestures at Tristan and Lucien, who both look stunned and a little afraid by this admission so early in the evening. However, after a moment, Lucien nervously replies to Elijah's statement]
- LUCIEN: Now gentlemen, before--
[Elijah quickly and patronizingly cuts Lucien off before he can finish his sentence]
- ELIJAH: Shh, shh, shh, shh. Lucien, please. Let's not ruin the dinner before it begins.
- KLAUS: And, do try to bear in mind, we expect and honest and productive negotiation this evening!
- TRISTAN: [nods warily] Mmhmm.
- ELIJAH: [smiles] Shall we begin?
[Tristan and Lucien both sigh nervously, while Aurora just smiles, visibly amused by the drama of this conversation. Elijah extends his arm toward the table as Aurora, Tristan, and Lucien, followed shortly afterward by Klaus, walk to take their seats. Klaus looks over at Elijah, who nods curtly before joining them all at the table]
[Marcel walks down the street toward Rousseau's, taking a moment to watch Gurufish play before walking into the restaurant, where a drunk Vincent is sitting alone at bar as he drinks a glass of bourbon. When Marcel sits down next to him, Vincent sighs in annoyance]
- VINCENT: Do I look like I need company?
- MARCEL: [shrugs] I tracked you down. Least you can do is hear me out.
- VINCENT: Forgive me if I don't feel like drinking with one of your kind.
- MARCEL: I don't care if you like me. Some new vampires are in the Quarter from out of town-- way out of town-- and they want the Regent on their side.
[When Vincent realizes that Davina is in trouble, he sighs defeatedly while Marcel continues his explanation]
- MARCEL: And, if Davina says no, they're going to kill her. And I want her to leave town, but she would rather-- of course-- stay and fight. And I'd rather not sit back and watch her get herself killed.
[Vincent thinks about this for a moment before he finally replies]
- VINCENT: There might be a way to get her out of trouble... But you ain't gonna like it.
[Marcel sighs, torn between getting Davina out of trouble and risking going against her]
[Elijah and Klaus are sitting at both ends of the table while Tristan and Aurora sit side-by-side on the right side, leaving Lucien to sit alone on the left. The table is loaded with all manner of Thanksgiving foods, including a turkey, stuffing, hrown gravy, cranberry sauce, and salad]
- LUCIEN: It's a bit odd, isn't it? Celebrating an American holiday?
- ELIJAH: Well, you know, Lucien, I rather enjoy Thanksgiving. The turkey, the cranberry sauce... The lies, the deceit, the betrayal... Perhaps we should begin this evening's proceedings with a little confession?
[Elijah gestures to the food on the table]
- ELIJAH: And do help yourselves.
- AURORA: [pouts] So, this entire dinner is meant to be some boorish inquisition? How rude.
- KLAUS: [smiles] Nonsense, love! My brother merely wishes to make certain we're all on the same page. So, who would like to begin?
[The guests are all silent until Tristan finally speaks up]
- TRISTAN: Well, Lucien and I have always loathed each other. Had we arrived as allies with a bleak future, you would have doubted us. We sought to remove suspicion by maintaining appearances.
[Elijah chuckles and rolls his eyes]
- ELIJAH: [sarcastically] Oh, my dear. These pathetic lies promise to be as difficult to swallow as your stuffing this year, Niklaus.
[Elijah sighs dramatically and lowers his voice]
- ELIJAH: Walnuts, honestly.
[Klaus laughs loudly before Lucien jumps into the discussion]
- LUCIEN: The bottom line is, we came to protect you ourselves. We have never wavered on this point.
- KLAUS: [skeptically] And the bodies on my streets-- is that your protection as well?
- LUCIEN: [shrugs] It's business as usual for The Strix.
- TRISTAN: An old tactic, used often and to great success. Jack the Ripper, Son of Sam... A frightened human populace is that much easier to control. If tourism should decline, and the local vampires are deprived of fresh blood? Well, you saw how quickly Marcel joined our ranks.
- KLAUS: [rolls his eyes] Pedestrian. I would've expected more from such gaudy theatrics.
- LUCIEN: Well, if one wanted to obtain a certain item in, say, a private collection, but one was not invited into the home where said private collection was located, a police investigation could come in handy to remove those items as evidence.
- ELIJAH: [unamused] I take it you are referring to the medallion?
[Tristan and Lucien seem alarmed that the Mikaelsons are aware of their plans for the Serratura, but they recover quickly]
- TRISTAN: I suppose it was my sister who shared that bit of information?
- KLAUS: Don't blame Aurora-- you two are hardly conspiratorial geniuses.
[Lucien, visibly unhappy about Klaus and Aurora's reconciliation, decides to try to turn them against each other]
- LUCIEN: Funny story-- it turns out, all along, that the medallion was in the hands of Nik's friend Camille, the bartender-slash-therapist. Had to get her arrested in order to search her goodies, so to speak. But, I would never allow any harm to come to her, knowing the great affection you have for her.
[Klaus scowls at Lucien at this news, and Aurora is clearly jealous about the fact that Klaus cares about another girl other than herself]
[Cami continues to sit in her armchair as she watches Anton, who is sitting in front of the television and watching an American college football game between the University of Cincinnati and the University of Tennessee. After a moment, Cami gives Anton an incredulous look]
- CAMI: Seriously? Football? You're a vampire!
- ANTON: [scoffs] Shut up and get me a beer!
[Cami glares at him, and he gives her a pointed look in return]
- ANTON: Should I find another way to quench my thirst?
[Cami sighs and reluctantly stands to walk into the kitchen, where Lucien has left an ice chest full of bottled beer. Just as she's grabbing one of the bottles, she notices all of the evidence boxes full of dark objects stacked up in the next room. Just as she's considering taking one to use against Anton, Anton realizes what she intends to do and vamp-speeds in front of her]
- ANTON: [growls] I can't kill you, but I can hurt you. Break bones, slice up your pretty face, heal you, then do it all over again.
[Cami's eyes widen in fear, and she backs away from him slightly]
- ANTON: Next time, that's how this goes down. Got it?
- CAMI: [gulps nervously] Got it.
[Anton grabs the beer and walks back into the living room before calling out to her]
- ANTON: Drink up! You ain't going anywhere.
[The Thanksgiving dinner continues in the compound's courtyard, where Klaus is smiling coldly at the Trinity]
- KLAUS: A medallion that could lock us away hardly seems like a wise strategy for those come to protect us. Hand it over
- ELIJAH: and release Rebekah.
[Lucien looks around the table in confusion before interrupting]
- LUCIEN: Uh, just a tick-- Aurora has Rebekah, hmm?
[Aurora gives Lucien an offended look]
- AURORA: No reason why I shouldn't be trusted with my sire's safety.
- LUCIEN: [scoffs] Of course... unless you were to have one of your episodes.
[Tristan quickly interrupts to defend his sister]
- TRISTAN: Easy, Lucien. My sister sought leverage to protect herself. Who among us would do otherwise?
[Elijah is rapidly beginning to lose his patience with this conversation]
- ELIJAH: Niklaus, will you politely remind me why we shouldn't just compel them all to give us what we want?
[Aurora bursts into very loud laughter at this remark. Klaus smiles tightly at her, also beginning to dislike their conversation]
- KLAUS: I'm sorry, did Elijah say something amusing?
- AURORA: [smiles politely] We lost a century to compulsion, my love. And some of us lost a great deal more. Surely you can't believe we'd allow ourselves to come here vulnerable?
[Elijah smiles fakely at Aurora in response]
- ELIJAH: My dearest Aurora, compulsion is not my only party trick.
[Aurora's smile becomes a scowl within seconds]
- AURORA: I do not like these threats.
[Once again, Tristan quickly jumps into the conversation to mediate]
- TRISTAN: Our continued existence depends on the Mikaelsons.
[Aurora rolls her eyes at her brother's diplomatic attitude]
- TRISTAN: We've known that since Finn and Kol died. Unfortunately, so does every other vampire in the world. Given that the sirelines have declared war against one another, you can imagine how many young upstarts have come to the same conclusion-- kill a Original, wipe out an entire line of rivals.
[Tristan looks pointedly at Klaus and Elijah]
- TRISTAN: Heavy burden, isn't it? The lives of thousands of sired vampires resting on your shoulders? In a perfect world, you'd allow us to seal you away forever, thus eliminating the threat.
[Klaus and Elijah stare coldly at Tristan, clearly not appreciating the implications of what he's suggesting]
- KLAUS: [coldly] Fortunately, the world is far from perfect.
[Klaus smiles weakly at him]
ST. LOUIS CATHEDRAL
[Freya is in the middle of looking through one of her grimoires for a spell to help her find Rebekah when Marcel walks in, looking worried]
- MARCEL: Anything?
- FREYA: [stressed] I can't find the continent she's on, let alone the city.
- MARCEL: Maybe you just need something of hers. Maybe a hairbrush, or...
- FREYA: Her blood is in my veins. That should be enough.
[Frustrated, Freya gets up and walks toward the staircase, causing Marcel to call after her]
- MARCEL: Wait. Hey, Freya! You can't just give up.
[Freya turns back to face him and gives him a determined look]
- FREYA: I'm not giving up.
[Davina enters the first floor of the Lycée to find Vincent reading tarot cards at the table. She stares at him for a moment before she finally speaks to him]
- DAVINA: What do you want?
- VINCENT: Marcel told me what was going on.
- DAVINA: [rolls her eyes] Mmm. And you decided to care? This is witch business, Vincent. You don't even practice anymore. And, as for The Strix? If they come after me, I'll deal with it. I'm not afraid.
[Vincent sighs before flipping over the card nearest to Davina. The card is decorated with a skeleton and is labeled "Death"]
- VINCENT: Maybe you should be.
- DAVINA: [unimpressed] You trying to scare me?
- VINCENT: [frustrated] No, Davina-- I'm trying to warn you. But you don't like it when people disagree with you. From what I hear, you get pretty mad.
- DAVINA: What makes me mad is getting lectured from the guy who walked away from being a witch.
[Vincent stands to his feet and gets ready to leave]
- VINCENT: Well, then I best be careful, or else I'm gonna end up like all the people you got mad at last time, right?
[Davina glares at him angrily]
- DAVINA: Kara Nguyen attacked me.
- VINCENT: [appalled] So you had her killed? You gonna kill anybody who disagrees with you, Davina?
- DAVINA: I took care of a threat. That's what leaders do. And, if anyone tries to stand against me, I'll do it again.
[Davina turns and walks out of the Lycée, only to find a large crowd of Elders from the various covens standing around the front steps, glaring at her angrily. At the top of the steps is Van Nguyen, who is holding one of the dreamcatchers Genevieve used to use in his hands]
- VAN: [smugly] Funny thing about a willow hoop-- never know what you're gonna see.
[Davina, horrified, looks backward to find Vincent holding a matching willow hoop and looking somber in front of the Elders]
- VAN: I told you I'd find out what you did. Now everyone else knows, too.
[Davina gapes in shock when she realizes she's been exposed to the New Orleans witches while Vincent, who stands next to her, looks conflicted about the role he played in it]
[The Thanksgiving dinner at the compound is still underway, and tensions are growing even stronger as Klaus and Elijah debate with the Trinity]
- ELIJAH: [snidely] With all the nauseating dinner theater we've endured throughout the centuries, these performances are, by far, the worst.
[Both Tristan and Aurora roll their eyes and throw their heads back in identical expressions of exasperation before Elijah eventually speaks]
- ELIJAH: Aurora, my sister--
[Klaus immediately cuts him off]
- KLAUS: Aurora is quite aware of our desire to see Rebekah home, and I'm sure she'll do everything in her power to oblige.
[Just then, footsteps are heard as Freya walks into the courtyard and makes an appalled face at the sight of her brothers' guests]
- FREYA: [incredulously] We're welcoming our enemies to the dinner table now? Convenient, given she's the one who has the answers I want.
[Freya gestures at Aurora, who is so offended by the accusation that she scoffs loudly and rises to her feet]
- AURORA: Oh, for heaven's sake! Now I have to deal with the long-lost sister?
[Aurora turns to Klaus with a stern expression.]
- AURORA: Nik, please spare me your family's rage and paranoia. It is exactly this kind of lunacy which led me to steal Rebekah in the first place.
[Freya interrupts, causing Aurora to look back at her.]
- FREYA: What did you do with her?
- AURORA: Oh, I'm sorry, love, but this prophecy has you all acting as fools. And I've no intention of risking my life to foolishness.
[Everyone in the room is staring at Aurora, as none of them know the true reason why Aurora took Rebekah in the first place except for Tristan, who merely looks embarrassed by her behavior]
- AURORA: Now, I can't trust Rebekah with any of you.
[Aurora gives Tristan a pointed look before she continues]
- AURORA: And I certainly can't trust the silly dear to endure on her own, so I decided to put her someplace safe. Imagine a spot where no harm could come to her. Where, in fact, no one could possibly even track her down.
[Aurora smiles at the rest of the room as the Mikaelsons all stare at her in bewilderment and horror]
- AURORA: Yes, rest assured, Rebekah is perfectly fine... at the bottom of the ocean.
[Elijah and Klaus glare at her murderously.
[After the break, Klaus narrows his eyes in scrutiny as he examines Aurora's poker face]
- KLAUS: You're bluffing.
[Aurora simply shakes her head as though she's playing dumb, and Klaus becomes even more overwhelmed with anger]
- KLAUS: Tell me you're bluffing!
- AURORA: [scoffs] Oh, you should all be thanking me. Rebekah's never been safer! She has plenty of company down there. There's all the little crabs, and octopus, and...
[Aurora makes accompanying hand gestures to communicate the crabs and octopi just as Klaus angrily slams his hands on the table and stands to his feet. Before Klaus can react further, however, Tristan vamp-speeds over to Freya and holds the point of a knife to her throat]
- TRISTAN: [growls] Harm my sister, and I'll be forced to return the favor.
[Elijah, not to be outdone, vamp-speeds over to Tristan and yanks him away from Freya, pinning him face-first against one of the support beams of the balcony. Lucien smirks at this development and awkwardly sips his drink before making his snarky reply]
- LUCIEN: Oh, this all escalated very quickly...
- KLAUS: [irritably] Shut up, Lucien, or I'll tear your tongue from your head.
- LUCIEN: [rolls his eyes] Be careful with your threats, Nik. Anything should happen to me, I won't be able to protect your precious Cami.
[Aurora's eyes flash with jealousy and anger]
- AURORA: Okay, that is the second time I've heard her name! Just who is this Cami?
[Freya glares mutinously at Aurora]
- FREYA: [growls] You have bigger problems.
[Freya thrusts her hand in front of her and flicks her wrist, telekinetically snapping Aurora's neck and causing her to collapse onto the floor in a heap. Klaus, both appalled and impressed, shouts at her]
- KLAUS: Freya!
[Elijah seems to be in agreement with Freya and interrupts him as he drags Tristan back to the table by the back of his neck and shoving him down onto his seat]
- ELIJAH: Niklaus... Which of these two vulgar parasites would you first like to torture?
[Lucien takes a deep breath, clearly not keen to be alone with either Mikaelson brother, but Klaus just shrugs]
- KLAUS: Well, it's half a dozen of one and six of the other, isn't it?
[Klaus walks over to Lucien and stands behind him, squeezing his shoulders tightly in mock affection before smiling devilishly at Elijah]
- KLAUS: Why don't you take the stable boy? Tristan and I are long overdue for a good catch-up.
[Klaus looks down at Lucien with a cold smile and whispers menacingly into his ear]
- KLAUS: Oh, if anything happens to Camille...
[Elijah, amused, cuts him off]
- ELIJAH: Oh, I'm quite sure Lucien's aware. Devastating error.
[Lucien purses his lips, not wanting to set either of the brothers off. Meanwhile, Freya smiles coldly down at Aurora's unconscious body, which is still splayed across the rug where she fell after her neck was snapped]
[Many of the New Orleans witch Elders are still gathered in front of the Lycée, where a horrified Davina stands before them. Vincent and Van are on either side of them as Van addresses the crowd]
- VAN: You heard her. She admitted it herself. Davina Claire is a murderer.
[Davina, panicked, tries to defend herself to the other Elders]
- DAVINA: No! I... I was trying to stop a mutiny! I'm sorry for what happened, but it was my responsibility...
[Vincent, looking pained, cuts her off]
- VINCENT: It's over, Davina. You kill a witch, you lose your place among the witches. For what you've done, you need to be shunned.
[Davina stares at Vincent in shock and betrayal]
[Klaus has just pulled Tristan into Elijah's study upstairs, where he shoves him down into a leather armchair]
- KLAUS: When Aurora wakes, you will convince her to return my sister.
- TRISTAN: Oh, would that it were so simple. Aurora has made it clear she means to control her own fate. I presume that includes keeping her own counsel, as well.
- KLAUS: [shrugs] I think she might be more amenable if she's forced to watch as I tear you limb from limb.
[Tristan, slightly nervous about this threat, does his best to remain calm]
- TRISTAN: You could torture me, but even if my sister decided to return yours as a result, Rebekah's homecoming would be marred by The Strix, who would descend upon the city like a plague of locusts, killing whomever stood in their way.
[Klaus considers this for a moment before shrugging again]
- KLAUS: Violence is unavoidable, then. Well, I tried!
[Klaus lunges for Tristan, who quickly stands up and stops him]
- TRISTAN: Think, Niklaus. All these threats, this needless escalation of violence? We play into the worst possible outcome of this prophecy. There's a better solution.
[Klaus gives Tristan a cold look]
- KLAUS: What might that be?
- TRISTAN: We cannot prevent fate, but we can but we can take control of it.
[Tristan takes a step closer to Klaus]
- TRISTAN: Keep your siblings alive by helping me seal them away. Let them fall-- only for the year-- and leave yourself free to stand guard over them. If you care for them at all, it really is your only choice.
[Klaus, not happy about Tristan's suggestion or his tone, glares at him]
[Meanwhile, Lucien and Elijah are in Klaus' art room, where Lucien is pouring himself a drink as Elijah stares at him menacingly]
- LUCIEN: No doubt you're angry... Rightfully so. For what it's worth, I was horrified by Aurora's thoughtless actions. But, I assure you, Cami will be fine, provided I'm allowed to leave here with my head intact.
- ELIJAH: [unamused] Give me Camille and the medallion, and then we may consider the future of your head.
[Lucien, worried about his fate, quickly tries to talk Elijah down]
- LUCIEN: Elijah, I have always been consistent. I only wanted to stop the prophecy to thereby save myself.
[Elijah narrows his eyes at Lucien]
- ELIJAH: And how do I know that you're not the author of this very prophecy? Alexis was your little fortune teller, and anything that may have come to pass could be the result of your own duplicitous little games.
- LUCIEN: Well, you give me far too much credit for being clever. Instead, consider the rift between Niklaus and yourself-- made worse, thanks to Aurora. One shall fall by family. That does not bode well for you.
[Elijah glares at Lucien as he takes a step closer to him]
- ELIJAH: Whatever differences we have, and however smitten my brother may be... I am certain Niklaus will always put family first.
[Lucien scoffs loudly]
- LUCIEN: Really? Aurora drops your sister in the bottom of the ocean, yet Klaus does not seem particularly inclined to make her suffer for it.
[Lucien walks over to the wall, where the portrait of Aurora that Klaus painted peeks out from behind the hole Klaus punched in the wall in the previous episode]
- LUCIEN: I wonder why...
[Elijah, who hadn't let himself consider this possibility, frowns in fear that Lucien could be correct]
[Downstairs in the ball room, Freya is pacing back and forth with a lit sage smudge-stick, allowing the smoke to waft around the room. Aurora's body has been moved and propped up against the nearby wall. After a moment, Aurora's eyelids begin to twitch, and she takes a deep breath as she starts to come to. When she finally opens her eyes, she hums as she starts to remember what happened]
- AURORA: Mmmm...
- FREYA: Took you long enough.
[Aurora takes notice of the smudge-stick in Freya's hand and smiles]
- AURORA: Oh, are we to play a fun game?
- FREYA: [smiles] Actually, yes.
[Freya holds up the burning sage in her hand]
- FREYA: And now that my spell has made it so that no one can hear what happens...
[As if on cue, Hayley walks into the room and stares pointedly at Aurora]
- HAYLEY: We're gonna have a lot of fun.
[Aurora gapes in surprise at Hayley's entrance]
- AURORA: Hayley! The mother of Niklaus' child. Ooh, I was really hoping I'd get to meet you.
- HAYLEY: [glares at her] Feeling's not mutual.
[Aurora isn't the least bit bothered by this rejection]
- AURORA: Oh, okay. So, then what, pray tell, are we doing here?
[Hayley and Freya, standing side by side, stare at Aurora with serious expressions]
- HAYLEY: You're gonna tell us where to find Rebekah, or we're going to kill you.
- AURORA: Oh!
[Aurora chuckles in amusement as the two girls smile smugly at her]
[Vincent, Van, and Davina are still standing at the top of the steps of the Lycée, surrounded by the Elders of the nine covens standing below them. Vincent is in the middle of reading from a scroll]
- VINCENT: "By order of the law set forth by the Ancestors, in accordance to the decree of the nine covens, Davina Claire, you are henceforth banished from this community. Your title is revoked, as is your link to those that have come before. You will no longer have contact with the Ancestors. To the New Orleans witches, it will be as though you were never born."
[Vincent seems as though he feels guilty about what he is doing, and Davina looks horrified and devastated as tears fill her eyes. The crowd starts to shout at her loudly as they glare at her with hatred]
- ELDER WITCHES: Traitor! Traitor! Murderer!
[After a moment, Vincent raises the scroll in his hand above his head, causing the crowd to immediately go silent. He turns to Davina with a regretful expression as she tries her best not to cry]
- VINCENT: I'm sorry, Davina. It's time.
[The crowd of witches moves to form an aisle by separating into two parallel rows. Once they're in position, Davina, near tears, walks in between the two rows of witches, and as she passes them, they turn her backs on her to symbolize her exile. As each of them turn to face the opposite direction, a whooshing noise is heard as Davina is stripped of her connection to the city's ancestral magic, causing her to gasp in shock with each one. The farther she walks, the more power she loses, which has more and more of a physical effect on her until she reaches the end of the line. Vincent watches her with a guilty expression as she leaves the cemetery]
[In the living room downstairs, Hayley is fighting Aurora and has just punched her in the face so hard that the impact causes her to spin away from her]
- AURORA: Ugh!
[Aurora doubles over as she recovers from the blows]
- HAYLEY: I'm gonna ask you again-- where is Rebekah?
[Aurora, whose nose is bleeding, wipes the blood off her lips before giving Hayley an impressed look]
- AURORA: You're quite strong... for an infant.
[Freya, annoyed, thrusts her hand in front of her and casts a powerful pain infliction spell on Aurora, which causes her to scream in pain and clutch her head]
- AURORA: AHHH!
[Freya clenches her hand into a fist, which only increases the agony Aurora is experiencing]
- AURORA: RAGHHH!
[Aurora musters up all the energy she has and fights through the pain long enough to vamp-speed toward Freya and shove her into the nearby wall, which distracts her enough to stop the spell. Aurora then lunges for Hayley and backhands her across the face, angering Hayley so much that she starts to fight with her again. Aurora blocks her punches and twists Hayley's arm back before kicking her in the stomach. While Hayley is recovering, Aurora shoves Hayley backward into the wall opposite of Freya, and she laughs triumphantly]
- AURORA: Ha ha!
[When Aurora lunges for Hayley again, Freya jumps forward and casts yet another pain infliction spell, this one even more powerful than the previous one. Aurora clutches her head and groans in pain, nearly falling to her knees from the force of it]
- AURORA: AGH!
[After a moment, Freya releases her from the spell, and Aurora pants loudly as she recovers]
- AURORA: Uh! Huh!
[Suddenly, Aurora starts to giggle loudly]
- AURORA: Woo! Hahaha! That actually hurt. Haha!
[Freya and Hayley look amused and baffled by how exhilarated Aurora seems to be as a result of their attacks]
- AURORA: Oh, I have't felt pain since the 1700s! Kind of tickles!
[Suddenly, Aurora's smile falls slightly, and she looks at Hayley and Freya coldly]
- AURORA: And for that, I'm gonna make you suffer.
[Just as Aurora lunges for them, Hayley grabs Aurora by the hair and yanks her head back]
- AURORA: [yelps] Ahh!
- HAYLEY: How about a werewolf bite, you psychotic little bitch?
- AURORA: [giggles] By all means! If only I can laugh in your face when Nik heals me.
[Hayley angrily knees Aurora in the stomach before shoving her at vampire speed across the room, where she's thrown against the far wall]
- AURORA: UH! AH!
[Freya smiles at Aurora condescendingly]
- FREYA: Maybe Klaus would heal you, but I doubt he would heal your brother.
[Freya turns to Hayley]
- FREYA: Maybe you should bite him instead?
[Hayley looks back at Aurora]
- HAYLEY: Hmm!
- AURORA: No one should dare harm my brother... Seeing as you're all going to need him if you want your precious Rebekah back.
[Freya and Hayley glare at Aurora furiously at this revelation]
[Back in Elijah's study, Klaus is still having a discussion with Tristan, who is sitting on the back of the leather couch. Klaus' tone is mildly pleasant as he recaps their current predicament while pouring them both drinks]
- KLAUS: It's quite the conundrum, isn't it? If I kill you, Aurora will be furious, and she's my sister's keeper.
[Klaus hands Tristan one of the glasses of bourbon]
- TRISTAN: Not to mention the object of your depraved desires. Yet, despite all your time together, you hold no influence over her. I do.
[Klaus' amused smile turns into a scowl as Tristan continues talking]
- TRISTAN: And, once Elijah's safety is assured, and thus mine as well, I'll convince Aurora to hand Rebekah over to us.
[Klaus stares at Tristan suspiciously]
- KLAUS: And, were I to dagger Elijah, were I to lock my brother in a box, that would fulfill two-thirds of the prophecy, leaving only little, old me. Perhaps you think I'd be an easier target if I were alone?
- TRISTAN: That's not the first time you'd have let siblings slumber while you toil on. And, in a year, when the prophecy has passed and each of our fates secured, you may wake them at your own leisure if you so choose.
- KLAUS: [chuckles] That's very bold of you, to suggest I betray my own blood. Perhaps I should kill you right now?
- TRISTAN: Well, there is one thing I know which you do not, with regard to your beloved sister...
[Tristan sets down his drink and starts to circle around Klaus threateningly as he talks, causing Klaus to fake-smile at him]
[Meanwhile, downstairs in the living room, Aurora picks up where Tristan left off in his explanation for Hayley and Freya's benefit as she, like Tristan, circles around the girls in a menacing fashion]
- AURORA: You see, while I did ensure that Rebekah was dropped in the ocean, I don't know precisely where. I had some old friends do it for me... and then I killed them.
[Back upstairs, Tristan continues Aurora's explanation for Klaus]
- TRISTAN: Aurora has procured the exact location of Rebekah's watery grave in two sealed envelopes. Hers contained the latitude...
[In the living room, Aurora once again picks up where Tristan left off]
- AURORA: And Tristan got the longitude.
[Tristan continues the story for Klaus in Elijah's study]
- TRISTAN: Thus, each of us has one half of the coordinates you need to find your sister.
[Aurora continues the story for Freya and Hayley in the living room]
- AURORA: X marks the spot!
[Tristan walks around to face Klaus as he finishes the explanation]
- TRISTAN: Assuming, of course, you keep us both alive.
[Klaus scowls at Tristan furiously]
[Downstairs in the living room, Aurora stops in front of Freya and Hayley and smiles smugly at them]
- AURORA: So, tell me, girls-- who has the advantage now?
[Freya rolls her eyes, and Hayley looks as though she'd like to murder Aurora on the spot]
[The scene cuts back to the courtyard, where everyone has gathered back at the dinner table following all of the information the Mikaelsons have just learned]
- LUCIEN: [exasperatedly] Longitude and latitude. Lovely.
[Lucien sits down next to a very unhappy Freya at the table as Tristan looks over at Aurora with a satisfied smile]
- TRISTAN: Well, despite our differences, I believe great strides were made today.
- AURORA: [pleased] Mmm.
[Tristan holds up his glass toward Aurora, who lifts her own and taps it against his in cheers for their victory in the first battle. However, Elijah looks at Klaus, who looks very displeased and is pinching the bridge of his nose in annoyance, stands as he replies to Tristan's remarks]
- ELIJAH: [coldly] Tristan, I can't murder you at this very moment, but I could just as easily tear those eyeballs from your skull and feed them to your sister.
[Surprisingly, Klaus quickly joins the conversation in order to mediate, though he's still visibly angry at the de Martels. Freya looks at him with displeasure]
- KLAUS: Elijah! These are our guests.
- AURORA: [smiles] Nik, it's so sweet of you to defend us.
[Klaus pauses for a moment before he stands to his feet]
- KLAUS: You know, I doubted my brother's wisdom in bringing us all together today, but he was right.
[Aurora, amused, stares at him with an affectionate smile, and Tristan, believing that Klaus will be taking his side, looks pleased]
- KLAUS: We must confront the harsh realities we all face and make difficult choices to ensure our collective survival.
[Klaus lifts his glass in toast, and Tristan and Aurora both echo the gesture happily. However, Freya, Lucien, and Elijah all look irritated and annoyed by where Klaus seems to be going with his speech, and only raise their glasses out of politeness and the fact that they're too tired to argue with him. Klaus takes a drink before sitting down his glass and walking over toward Elijah, who refused to toast to Klaus' speech]
- KLAUS: And I have every confidence that my choice... will be the right one.
[Klaus, who is now standing next to Elijah, smiles at Tristan for a moment. Tristan is so distracted by the fact that he believes Klaus to be on his side that he is unable to react when Klaus vamp-speeds toward him and grabs him by the chin before snapping his neck. Aurora, appalled by Klaus' actions, stands to her feet with a gasp and glares at him, clearly feeling furious and betrayed. However Klaus just scowls at her in response]
- KLAUS: Were you anyone else, the servants would already be mopping your blood from the floor. If you do not bring my sister home, Tristan will die slowly, and in tremendous pain.
[Aurora glares at him mutinously]
- AURORA: You betray me after all your promises of love?
- KLAUS: [furiously] I meant to keep those promises! It was you who shattered them when you took Rebekah!
[Klaus lunges for her, stopping just inches away from her face and sneering at her murderously]
- KLAUS: Now I have your brother-- a sibling for a sibling. I want Rebekah back.
[Aurora sneers back at him and leans closer to his face to whisper in his ear]
- AURORA: You will regret this.
[Aurora, angry beyond belief, turns and storms away, shoving the dinner table to the side as she does so]
- AURORA: UGH!
[The table is now a mess and covered in spilled food, wine, and flowers from the flower pots that were knocked over by Aurora's tantrum. Freya looks at Klaus with incredulous anger]
- FREYA: After everything today, you just let her go?
- ELIJAH: Aurora should be easy enough to control. We have Tristan now.
[Klaus turns to Lucien, who looks understandably terrified by this turn of events]
- KLAUS: Lucien, you will take me to Camille, and you will surrender the medallion, or you will meet an end so cruel, the devil will weep.
[Cami and Anton are still in the living room watching football. After a moment, Cami gets up and starts picking up beer bottles before walking into the kitchen with them]
- ANTON: Thought I told you to sit still.
[Cami pretends to be drunk and wobbles on her feet as she walks to dispose of the bottles]
- CAMI: No. You told me to drink, so I drank, and now I'm cleaning up.
[Anton, suspicious of her, follows her into the kitchen and stares at her menacingly]
- CAMI: How much do you know about Klaus Mikaelson? Because the chances of Lucien coming back are, um... kind of slim.
- ANTON: [unamused] You better hope you're wrong, or you might not make it through the night.
[Cami continues pretending that she's drunk and slurs her words as she cheerfully rambles to him]
CAMI: Oh, I don't think you want to hurt me. See, Klaus is the most ruthless vampire in all of history, and guess what? He kind of likes me, so maybe you should be the one worrying about whether or not you make it through the night.
- ANTON: You're a bad drunk.
[Suddenly, Cami bashes one of the beer bottles against the back of her head, causing Anton to groan in pain]
- ANTON: Oh! Aagh!
- CAMI: I think I'm a pretty good drunk.
[Cami then takes advantage of Anton's distraction and quickly grabs the knife laying on the table, pins his hand down against the table top, and severs the finger with his daylight ring from his hand]
- ANTON: [in pain] Ooh! I'm gonna kill you.
[Anton is about to lunge for her when his face and hands start to burn from the sunlight streaming in the windows of the apartment]
- ANTON: Oh...
- CAMI: Not while the sun's still out.
[Cami quickly turns and runs toward the door, dropping Anton's severed finger onto the ground once she has extricated the ring from it. Once out in the hallway, she makes a beeline for the elevator she pushes the button to summon it to the top floor with her free hand as she holds onto Anton's daylight ring in the other. Waiting for the elevator only makes her more nervous, and she anxiously paces around for a few moments until she pauses to hit the button again. Just then, the elevator arrives, and Cami is about to rush through the opening doors when she suddenly stops in her tracks at the sight of who is already inside. It's Aurora, who smiles fakely at her]
- AURORA: You must be Cami.
[Cami's eyes widen in fear as Aurora continues to stare at her threateningly, stepping backward to allow her to enter the elevator]
[Some time later, the scene returns inside Lucien's penthouse, where Klaus is taking out his frustrations on Anton by shoving him backward so hard he falls flat onto his back on the ground at Lucien's feet]
- ANTON: [groans] Uh!
[Klaus angrily pulls a painting off of the wall and slams it sideways into the corner of the wall until it smashes into pieces]
- KLAUS: Rrgh! Raagh!
[Klaus picks up a broken piece of wood to use as a makeshift stake before storming back over to where Anton is crouched on the floor and cradling his injured hand]
- KLAUS: [roars] Where is she?
- ANTON: I told you. She took my daylight ring and ran.
[Klaus is so enraged by this answer that he drives the stake into Anton's chest without another word]
- KLAUS: UHHHH!
[Anton's skin desiccates and turns gray as he dies from the stake to his heart. Once he's dead, Klaus turns to Lucien with a murderous glint in his eyes]
- KLAUS: This is your fault.
- LUCIEN: [nervously] Well, to be fair, if Cami had done as she was told, she'd still be here, so technically, it's her fault.
[Klaus growls under his breath and stalks toward Lucien, who anxiously backs far away from him and attempts to talk him down]
- LUCIEN: Ah, ah. Now, you may hate me for involving your pretty friend, but I needed your full attention. You certainly don't listen to me, despite my nonstop efforts to keep you alive.
[Lucien picks up a small box with a fleur-de-lis statue on the lid and opens it up to reveal the Serratura is inside. He hands the open box out to Klaus as a peace offering, but Klaus just stares at him suspiciously]
- KLAUS: If that really is the weapon that can lock me away for eternity, why hand it over?
- LUCIEN: Proof of my loyalty. Yes. I sided with Tristan, but it's quite clear his devotion to Aurora outweighs even the value he places on his own life. Take it. It's yours.
[Klaus hesitates for a moment before reaching out and taking the bronze medallion from the box]
[Davina is sitting glumly at the bar of the pub all alone, where she is picking at a plate of food in front of her. Outside, Vincent is leaning against an outdoor table and watching her with guilt in his eyes when Marcel walks over and joins him]
- MARCEL: [sighs] Can you help her?
- VINCENT: If she lets me. I'm not holding my breath. She's been through a lot.
- MARCEL: She's alive. That's what counts.
- VINCENT: [bitterly] Yeah. We'll keep telling ourselves that, won't we?
[Vincent gives him a look before walking away, leaving Marcel to watch Davina with worry outside of the restaurant]
CAMI'S APARTMENT / OUTSIDE LUCIEN'S PENTHOUSE
[Klaus has just arrived to CAMI'S APARTMENT in a panic and immediately calls out for her]
- KLAUS: Cami? Camille?
[At a loss for options, Klaus pulls out his phone and dials Cami's number, but he only becomes more worried when the other line rings once before going straight to voicemail]
- CAMI: [in voicemail greeting] It's Cami. Leave a message.
[The voicemail greeting is followed by a beep, and Klaus takes a deep breath before leaving her a message]
- KLAUS: [shakily] I need... I need to know you're safe. Call me back, please.
[Meanwhile, OUTSIDE LUCIEN'S APARTMENT, Aurora has just placed Cami's unconscious body, which has several puncture wounds on her neck from where Aurora presumably fed on her until she passed out. Aurora smirks in satisfaction as she closes the trunk of the car and prepares to leave]
[Hayley has just arrived home to find an angry and disappointed Jackson behind. At the sight of him, Hayley immediately feels guilty and starts to apologize]
- HAYLEY: Jack, I am so sorry. I thought I would be back in time. Is Hope still up?
- JACKSON: Hope's asleep. She cried a little bit and finally went down.
[Hayley, knowing that Jackson is angry with her, sighs before she replies]
- HAYLEY: The family needed my help.
- JACKSON: [bitterly] I asked you for one thing today-- just leave it be. Don't make it a fight. That's all I wanted.
- HAYLEY: And I wanted to give that to you, but...
- JACKSON: [angrily] But nothing. I should know this by now. No matter what Klaus does to you, to me, to the pack... Whenever the Mikaelsons come calling, you will always be there to answer.
[Jackson scowls as he walks toward the door, and Hayley, guilty and hurt, calls after him in a soft voice]
- HAYLEY: Where are you going?
- JACKSON: Out to the Bayou. I figured I'd spend the rest of this holiday with my family.
- HAYLEY: [guiltily] Jack...
[Hayley reaches out to touch him, but Jackson just grabs her by the wrist and pushes it away before he turns and walks out the door, leaving Hayley behind to worry about what she's just done]
MIKAELSON COMPOUND / FRENCH QUARTER
[At the MIKAELSON COMPOUND, Elijah has just returned to the courtyard, where he's on the phone with Klaus, who is walking down the streets of the FRENCH QUARTER]
- ELIJAH: Have you found Camille?
- KLAUS: [on the phone] Not yet, but I will.
- ELIJAH: [worriedly] Niklaus, do you think it was wise, allowing Aurora to go free?
- KLAUS: With her brother captured, she has no choice but to bring our sister home.
- ELIJAH: [hesitantly] Do you love her?
[Klaus pauses for a moment before replying in an irritated voice]
- KLAUS: My affections are not the point. What matters now is that we have this maddening prophecy under control.
[Elijah's eyes widen as he stares at the table where they held their failed Thanksgiving dinner earlier]
- ELIJAH: [softly] Perhaps.
[Klaus scowls as he hangs up the phone and continues to walk down the street. Elijah, looking panicked, hangs up his phone as well before returning his attention to the table, which is in shambles-- the plates were all knocked together when Aurora angrily shoved the table earlier, and many of the glasses of wine and bourbon have toppled over and spilled their contents all over the tablecloth]
[Suddenly, Elijah has a flashback to the events of I'll See You in Hell or New Orleans, when he and Hayley both fed on Alexis to see her most recent visions of the prophecy. Included in the visions are a quick cut to a spell in a grimoire before the vision cuts to flashes of a holiday dinner table in the courtyard of the compound, where the table top is in the same state of disarray that their Thanksgiving dinner has become in the present day]
[In the present, Elijah looks horrified as he realizes that the events of this day were among Alexis' visions of the prophecy just days ago. He then experiences his own flashbacks of seeing the visions, including several clips of Klaus standing up at the head of the table and turning toward a nervous Lucien, just like what happened earlier in the day. In the present, Elijah looks down at the table again, taking notice of the identical smashed wine glasses and centerpieces from the visions and begins to visibly worry about their future]