|“||I'd rather die than be a vampire!||”|
Paige was a character who appeared in the second episode of the third season in The Vampire Diaries. She was a werewolf who was turned by Klaus into a unsuccessful hybrid. She was a friend of Ray Sutton and also the girlfriend of Derek, the human whose blood was used in the transformation into a hybrid.
Throughout The Vampire Diaries Series
In The Hybrid, Paige was a close friend of Ray Sutton and the girlfriend of Derek. Paige was also a werewolf who was living in Tennessee with her wolf pack. She was found and forced to be transformed into a hybrid by Klaus, who was hoping to sire his own bloodline by making his new hybrids. However, Klaus didn't expect his victims to die. Paige died together with all the members in her pack in Tennessee. The hybrids' cause of death was the blood loss caused by the lack of the doppelgänger's blood in their system during their transition. Paige was killed by Klaus in self-defense when she attempted to attack him.
Paige was aggressive and cared for her pack. She is also shown not be afraid of Klaus, as she had tried to go against him, but lost in the end. She is shown to have a hatred for vampires as she didn't want to become one.
Paige was a short, athletic sized woman with medium length dark, brown hair with brown eyes.
Powers and Abilities
Paige possessed all the standard powers and abilities of an non-original werewolf-vampire hybrid.
Paige had the typical weaknesses of an non-original werewolf-vampire hybrid.
- The Hybrid (Death)
- Paige is of English origin, and the meaning is "young servant".
- Paige was the first female werewolf to be sired by Klaus. She is also the first unsuccessful female hybrid who died in the series due to not having drunk doppelgänger's blood during her transition.
- She was the first hybrid that was killed by Klaus twice.
- She was also the first of hybrids to be fed her boyfriend, Derek, in the transition.
- With the Other Side's collapse and the destruction of Hell, she either found peace or went to a dimension similar to Hell.