Psychics are a supernatural species, a subgroup of humans that are endowed with profound moral and spiritual insight or knowledge; a seer or a soothsayer who possesses intuitive powers.
Powers and Abilities
- Telepathy - The ability to both hear the thoughts and read the mind of another person.
- Telekinesis - The ability to move objects with the mind.
- Empathy - The ability to identify the emotional feelings of another person.
- Aura Reading - The ability to perceive energy fields surrounding various people, places and things.
- Clairvoyance - The ability to gain information about an object, person, location or physical event through means other than the known human senses.
- Mediumship - The ability to communicate with deceased people.
- Astral Projection - The ability of transporting one's spiritual self from one location to another by supernatural means.
- Spell Casting - The ability to perform paranormal spells that affect the natural world.
- Ouija Board: A flat board marked with the letters of the alphabet, the numbers 0-9, and the words "yes" and "no." The Ouija board was invented as a mean to deal with one's spiritual self, to access a part of the soul not usually accessed. However is more commonly believed to be a way of communicating with spirits of the dead.
- In the TV Series The Vampire Diaries, the true immortal Silas was often referred to as a psychic, as his immortality also gave him a superior version of mind compulsion than that of Original Vampires and their progeny, along with telepathy and the ability to create powerful illusions in the mind of his victims.
- Bonnie Bennett, from the TV series, described herself as psychic as well. However, this proves to be not entirely true being Sheila Bennett (her grandmother) explained her true witch heritage.
- Immortal are not actually Psychic in terms of a species, as they are given psychic abilities as a result of Immortality. Psychics are a supernatural species of their own with unknown origins.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.