|“||But this year will be different. It's high time this place ran with a little discipline and order. I expect you to work harder than ever before. To be rigorous, to push yourselves. To be perfect. Because I believe every one of you is extraordinary. The students in this room have the power to literally change the world. To whom much is given, much is required, and I am requiring of you to be better than humans ever could. Because the day is coming when we will step out of the shadows, when you will no longer hide yourselves. Because the future is supernatural.||”|
Professor Rupert Vardemus is a witch who made his debut on the second episode of the second season of Legacies. In Screw Endgame, it was revealed that he is in fact Ryan Clarke, using a spelled, magical ring to disguise himself. It currently remains unknown what happened with the real "Rupert Vardemus".
Nothing is known about Rupert's history.
Throughout Legacies Series
- Main article: Ryan Clarke
Rupert Vardemus has only been seen as Ryan Clarke's disguised form from This Year Will Be Different to Screw Endgame, when he revealed his true form to the Keeper - though he remained undetected at the Salvatore Boarding School for the Young & Gifted until It Will All Be Painfully Clear Soon Enough.
Rupert is described as an urbane British sorcerer who is "a bit of a dandy, wins over the Salvatore students with his steadfast belief in the superiority of their supernatural world."
He had a tall stature and medium build, wearing eccentric clothes that would consist of different colored bowties. He had short, brownish-gray hair and blue eyes.
Powers and Abilities
Rupert possesses the standard powers and abilities of a witch.
Rupert has the typical weaknesses of a human/witch.
- This Year Will Be Different (Disguise)
- You Remind Me of Someone I Used to Know (Disguise)
- Since When Do You Speak Japanese? (Disguise)
- Screw Endgame (Disguise)
- It Will All Be Painfully Clear Soon Enough (Disguise)
- I Couldn't Have Done This Without You (Mentioned)
- Rupert is of German variation meaning "bright fame."
- Vardemus comes from an unknown origin.
- Alexis Denisof has been involved with three other supernatural shows, such as Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel and The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina.
- ↑ Can be seen on the restraining order given to Alaric in Since When Do You Speak Japanese?
- ↑ Legacies EP on Hope's Latest Sacrifice and Vardemus' Jaw-Dropping Reveal — Plus, Find Out Who's Visiting Freya
- ↑ https://tvline.com/2019/07/29/legacies-season-2-cast-alexis-denisof-professor-vardemus/
- ↑ https://www.britishbabynames.com/blog/2016/11/rupert.html