|“||I exist for one reason, too: merge with my sister. That's our destiny, right? Unless I stayed here in a no-magic zone. Maybe the merge wouldn't have to happen, and Josie would be safe.||”|
80s DECADE DANCE — As the Salvatore School prepares for its upcoming '80s-themed decade dance, Hope and Lizzie find themselves trapped inside a never-ending labyrinth with a monster on their trail. Meanwhile, Josie and Landon decide whether or not to take their relationship to the next level. Elsewhere, MG turns to Kaleb for advice on what to do about Sebastian, while Rafael struggles to adjust to his life back at the school. Alaric also appears.
- Antagonists: Malivore (indirectly), The Keeper, Minotaur, Rupert Vardemus/Ryan Clarke
- This is the second occurrence of the 80s Decade Dance, the first being in Do Not Go Gentle; it is the first for Legacies.
- Kaleb was the only member of the Honor Council in favor of keeping Alaric as headmaster; Josie, Jed, and Dorian voted him out.
- Sebastian is "invisible" because he is using vampiric telepathy - though, in his desiccated and diminished state, he can only appear to the fragile-minded.
- Josie rediscovers Penelope's spelled journal and finds out that Landon wrote a song about Hope before she jumped into Malivore.
- Josie has had the journal underneath her bed, of which she says she's "been listening to [the] tiny little rat claws for months". Penelope gave her the journal earlier in the year, in late March. Despite listening to the scribbles for over six months, since it's now September, she only flipped back a couple of pages to find Landon's song about Hope - this is likely a blooper considering Penelope gave all the students pens to record what's written with them in the journal.
- Professor Vardemus is actually Ryan Clarke, using a magical ring in order to maintain his disguise.
- Ryan Clarke was last seen in I'll Never Give Up Hope.
- Kaleb was last seen in You Remind Me of Someone I Used to Know.
- Emma was mentioned. She was last seen in I'll Tell You a Story.
- Caroline was indirectly mentioned. She was last seen in I Was Feeling Epic on The Vampire Diaries and When The Saints Go Marching In on The Originals.
- Kurutta was mentioned. He was last seen in Since When Do You Speak Japanese?.
- The oni was mentioned. It was last seen in Since When Do You Speak Japanese?.
- Jed was last seen in This Year Will Be Different.
- Kym was last seen in I'll Never Give Up Hope.
- Penelope was mentioned. She was last seen in Let's Just Finish the Dance.
- Sheriff Mac was mentioned. She was last seen in Since When Do You Speak Japanese?.
- Mystic Falls, Virginia
Behind the Scenes
- This episode's title was a line used by Hope.
- When Hope and Lizzie are crossing the street in the Town Square, they are splashed by a car. The car was not actually involved in the splash, instead water was projected over them by a machine whilst the car drove past.
- Milton Greasley: "Hey. Hey."
- Kaleb: "Oh. What?"
- Milton Greasley: "Whoa. Whoa."
- Kaleb: "What?"
- Milton Greasley: "Can you see him?"
- Kaleb: "All I see is a dude who can't respect boundaries"
- Sebastian: "Told you no one else can see me."
- Milton Greasley: "Boy."
- Kaleb: "MG, You're tripping."
- Milton Greasley: "Oh, I know, I know, I know but Lizzie met this new vampire."
- Kaleb: "Oh, yeah Sebastian."
- Milton Greasley: "Yeah."
- Kaleb: "She's been flapping her gums about him all over school."
- Milton Greasley: "He isn't real. So I thought Lizzie was losing it, but now I am seeing him. So either I am hallucinating or this dude. Would you stop touching me."
- Kaleb: "Whoa. Whoa. Hey buddy. Um, ask him what he wants."
- Milton Greasley: "He wants us to find his body. He says he's been desiccated in a box somewhere. He's a little vague on specifics."
- Sebastian: "I am vague because as aforementioned I am desiccated in a box."
- Milton Greasley: "I am a pacifist, but if you touch my hair again we will throw hands."
- Lizzie Saltzman: "Hope...Andrea...Mikaelson"
- Hope Mikaelson: "What?"
- Lizzie Saltzman: "It's official I remember everything. When I woke up from that spell Josie blasted me with you popped into my messed up brain like an acid flashback."
- Hope Mikaelson: "How? You are literally the only person on the planet who knows I exist."
- Lizzie Saltzman: "Epic former frenemy reunion is gonna have to wait, we have bigger drama. Josie and Landon are having sex tonight."
- Hope Mikaelson: "What?"
- Lizzie Saltzman: "There's a decade dance."
- Hope Mikaelson: "Okay, well that doesn't mean."
- Lizzie Saltzman: "She asked me to find an excuse to stay with my dad. You have to stop it, speak your truth."