The Vampire Diaries, The Originals, and Legacies Wiki team makes every effort to maintain professional courtesy and provide sources of information for upcoming episodes. However, anyone can edit the The Vampire Diaries, The Originals, and Legacies Wiki. As a result, it is not an accurate spoiler source and should not be cited as such.
Note: Only Sourced returning actors are listed, speculating about returning actors without a valid source WILL BE REMOVED so do NOT add any other actors that haven't been confirmed yet.
Continuing the tradition of The Vampire Diaries and The Originals, the story of the next generation of supernatural beings at The Salvatore School for the Young and Gifted. Klaus Mikaelson's daughter, 17-year-old Hope Mikaelson; Alaric Saltzman's twins, Lizzie and Josie Saltzman; and other young adults come of age in the most unconventional way possible, nurtured to be their best selves... in spite of their worst impulses. Will these young witches, vampires and werewolves become the heroes they want to be — or the villains they were born to be?
- Chapter I: The Malivore Chapter (Ep. 101 - 107)
- This chapter deals with the arrival of Landon Kirby and Rafael Waithe on the Salvatore Boarding School for the Young & Gifted, coinciding with several attacks by monsters trying to steal a mysterious knife. Landon is soon revealed to be a supernatural creature, but the school staff is unable to figure out which species he belongs to, leading to the honor council banishing him. After one of the monsters is captured, he tells Hope that the knife is one of the three keys to unlock Malivore, a dark pit that seemingly erases its victims from other people's memories. In the end, the Necromancer manages to trick Hope and deliver the knife to Malivore.
- Chapter II: The Triad Chapter (Ep. 108 - 112)
- This chapter continues with Hope and Alaric going to rescue Landon, which results in them starting a conflict with Triad Industries and becoming guardians to an Egyptian urn, the second key to Malivore. A few more monsters come to the school, this time trying to steal the urn. Alaric gets infected by one of them and throws the urn in the river. He takes Hope and the twins on a quest to find it, but Triad gets in the way. Their agent, Ryan Clarke, manages to steal the urn and throw it in Malivore, despite receiving orders not to do so.
- Chapter III: The Phoenix Chapter (Ep. 113 - 116)
- This chapter deals with the aftermath of a school trip taken by the boys. MG, emotionally affected by his disastrous family reunion, kills Landon, who later resurrects and is revealed as a phoenix. Ryan Clarke takes personal interest in Landon and blackmails a gorgon into capturing him. He tells Landon that they are brothers, and explains the history of their father to him. Ryan takes his brother to find the third key to Malivore, which is also being sought by Veronica Greasley, the head of Triad Industries. Clarke manages to find the third key and release Malivore. After Veronica's failed invasion on Salvatore School, Hope finds Landon and Clarke. Figuring out that her tribrid blood in the only way to stop Malivore, she throws herself in the pit, taking Clarke with her. They both are soon erased from people's memories.
- Main article: Antagonists in Legacies Season 1
For more information, see Character Appearances.
- Demetrius Bridges as Dorian Williams (11/16)
- Chris Lee as Kaleb (11/16)
- Karen David as Emma Tig (8/16)
- Lulu Antariksa as Penelope Park (7/16)
- Nick Fink as Ryan Clarke (6/16)
- Ben Levin as Jed (5/16)
- Erica Ash as Veronica Greasley (4/16)
- Sam Ashby as Connor (4/16)
- Katie Garfield as Dana Lilien (4/16)
- Reznor Malalik Allen as Pedro (4/16)
- Selah Austria as Sasha Stoteraux (3/16)
- Jedidiah Goodacre as Roman Sienna (2/16)
- Ben Geurens as The Necromancer (2/16)
- Rod Rowland as Burr (2/16)
- Joi Liaye as Nia (2/16)
- Jodi Lyn O'Keefe as Jo Laughlin (1/16)
- Christopher B. Duncan as Terrance Greasley (1/16)
- Erinn Westbrook as Cassie (1/16)
- Andreas Damm as Oliver (1/16)
- Douglas Tait as Oneiroi (1/16)
- Laken B. Giles as Cheryl (1/16)
- Ayelet Zurer as Seylah Chelon (1/16)
- Riann Steele as Ablah (1/16)
Episodes List: 2018-2019
|This is the Part Where You Run||Writer: Julie Plec||Director: Chris Grismer||October 25, 2018||#1x01|
|Under the guidance of headmaster Alaric Saltzman, the next generation of supernatural beings at the Salvatore Boarding School for the Young & Gifted — including tribrid Hope Mikaelson, Alaric's twins Lizzie and Josie, high-energy vampire MG, newly-triggered werewolf Rafael and the mysterious Landon — come of age in the most unconventional way possible, nurtured to be their best selves...in spite of their worst impulses.
|Some People Just Want To Watch The World Burn||Writer: Brett Matthews & Julie Plec||Director: Michael A. Allowitz||November 1, 2018||#1x02|
|Alaric, Hope and Rafael hit the road in search of Landon, who's sudden disappearance has raised some suspicion. Meanwhile, during an annual flag football game against Mystic Falls High, Lizzie and Josie's plan to stay under the radar quickly gets derailed after Penelope gets involved. MG also appears.
|We're Being Punked, Pedro||Writer: Julie Plec & Sherman Payne||Director: Carol Banker||November 8, 2018||#1x03|
|As punishment for breaking the rules, Hope, Lizzie, Josie and MG are forced to participate in a community service project in the Mystic Falls town square. Meanwhile, Landon and Rafael's attempt at a carefree life on the road takes a dangerous turn when they become unsuspecting targets. Finally, Alaric realizes that keeping secrets from his students may be causing more harm than good.
|Hope is Not the Goal||Writer: Brett Matthews |
Story by: Bryce Ahart & Stephanie McFarlane
|Director: Chris Grismer||November 15, 2018||#1x04|
|When two local students go missing, Alaric sends Hope, Lizzie, MG and Landon to Mystic Falls High to investigate. Meanwhile, as Josie helps Rafael adjust to his new life at the school, his reluctance to follow the wolf pack's rules puts a target on his back. Lastly, an unsettling discovery puts Alaric and Sheriff Donovan at odds with one another.
|Malivore (Episode)||Writer: Thomas Brandon & Penny Cox||Director: Michael Karasick||November 29, 2018||#1x05|
|Tensions rise among the students after Alaric decides to give the students a bigger voice by forming an honor council. Determined to find out more about Landon's past, Hope does a series of magical tests on him. Meanwhile, Alaric and Dorian take on the next creature to try and find out what they want and where they are coming from.
|Mombie Dearest||Writer: Marguerite MacIntyre||Director: Geoff Shotz||December 6, 2018||#1x06|
|As Lizzie and Josie prepare for their long awaited sweet sixteen party, Alaric finds himself preoccupied with the latest supernatural arrival – one that hits a little too close to home. Elsewhere, Penelope's latest plan gives MG one last shot at impressing Lizzie on her big day, while an unexpected betrayal causes tensions to boil over between Hope and Rafael.
|Death Keeps Knocking On My Door||Writer: Julie Plec||Director: Angela Gomes||December 13, 2018||#1x07|
|As Hope hit the books to learn more about the latest creature to arrive to the school, things take a dark and twisted turn leaving her to confront one of her darkest fears. Meanwhile, Alaric attempts to help Rafael cope after his past comes back to haunt him. MG also appears.
|Maybe I Should Start From The End||Writer: Brett Matthews||Director: Nathan Hope||January 24, 2019||#1x08|
|After discovering that Landon is in trouble, Hope and Alaric set out in search for him. Along the way, they uncover some startling information about Landon's past.
|What Was Hope Doing In Your Dreams?||Writer: Penny Cox||Director: Darren Grant||January 31, 2019||#1x09|
|During a stressful week of exams, Hope, Rafael, Landon and MG's attempts to study get thwarted by the arrival of a new monster who feeds off their worst fears. Meanwhile, Hope struggles with a secret she's been keeping from Landon.
|There's A World Where Your Dreams Came True||Writer: Brett Matthews & Josh Schaer||Director: John Hyams||February 7, 2019||#1x10|
|Following a stay in Europe with her mother, Lizzie returns to Mystic Falls and comes face to face with someone who could make all her wishes come true – including making Hope Mikaelson disappear.
|We're Gonna Need A Spotlight||Writer: Thomas Brandon & Penny Cox||Director: Barbara Brown||February 21, 2019||#1x11|
|When Alaric decides to postpone the school's annual talent show, Lizzie and Josie are determined to make sure the show goes on. Meanwhile, tensions arise when the students face a creature that lowers their inhibitions. Lastly, Alaric decides to play hooky with Emma.
|There's a Mummy on Main Street||Writer: Marguerite MacIntyre & Sherman Payne||Director: Julie Plec||February 28, 2019||#1x12|
|When the urn goes missing, Alaric, Hope, Josie, Lizzie, Kaleb, Dorian and Emma hit the road to locate the artifact before the next Malivore creature arrives. Meanwhile, Lizzie takes aim at Hope for all the past spring breaks she's ruined. Finally, the group bands together when a town-wide quarantine threatens to expose their supernatural identities.
|The Boy Who Still Has a Lot of Good to Do||Writer: Mark Ryan Wahlberg, Bryce Ahart & Stephanie McFarlane (Teleplay)||Director: Paul Wesley||March 7, 2019||#1x13|
|When a spontaneous road trip to visit MG's parents leaves him and Landon missing, and a distressed Rafael with no memory of what happened, Hope, Alaric and Kaleb set out to find them before it's too late.
|Let's Just Finish the Dance||Writer: Sherman Payne||Director: Geoff Shotz||March 14, 2019||#1x14|
|As the Salvatore School prepares to host the Miss Mystic Falls pageant, Hope secretly deals with a recent trauma that's causing her magic to go on the fritz. Meanwhile, the unexpected arrival of Roman, a boy from Hope's past, causes Landon to be on alert. Elsewhere, MG struggles with the fallout from his recent actions, while Josie's secret desire to win Miss Mystic Falls takes a backseat to Lizzie's plan for the pageant.
|I'll Tell You a Story||Writer: Thomas Brandon||Director: Tony Solomons||March 21, 2019||#1x15|
|When the fallout of Hope's actions leaves her and Landon on the outs, she turns to Lizzie for help making things right. Meanwhile, Landon uncovers secrets about his past, while Josie looks into a secret that Alaric has been keeping.
|There's Always a Loophole||Writer: Brett Matthews||Director: Mary Lou Belli||March 28, 2019||#1x16|
|When a group of unwelcome visitors descends upon The Salvatore School, Hope leads the charge to keep her friends safe. Meanwhile, MG uncovers a secret about his mother and Josie finds herself in a dire situation.
- Main article: Spoilers
- Julie Plec serves as an executive producer, along with Brett Matthews, Leslie Morgenstein and Gina Girolamo.
- Filming started on June 4, 2018 and wrapped up on February 6, 2019.
- Production started on July 17, 2018 and will end in December 2018.
- Chris Grismer directed 1x01.
- Michael A. Allowitz directed 1x02.
- Nathan Hope directed 1x08.
- It was stated that Paul Wesley would be directing 1x11. However, he directed 1x13.
- Each episode was in the monster of the week format.
- Legacies was originally picked up as a series for 13 episodes.
- The CW ordered three more scripts, increasing the episode scripts from 13 to 16.