The Vampire Diaries, The Originals, and Legacies Wiki team makes every effort to maintain professional courtesy and provide sources of information for upcoming episodes. However, anyone can edit the The Vampire Diaries, The Originals, and Legacies Wiki. As a result, it is not an accurate spoiler source and should not be cited as such.
Note: Only Sourced returning actors are listed, speculating about returning actors without a valid source WILL BE REMOVED so do NOT add any other actors that haven't been confirmed yet.
The Mikaelson family tragedies and triumphs continue as THE ORIGINALS enters its third season. The Original vampire-werewolf hybrid Klaus Mikaelson (Joseph Morgan) and his maternal half-brother Elijah (Daniel Gillies) have spent one thousand years fighting to protect their dysfunctional family, but now that Klaus and the hybrid Hayley (Phoebe Tonkin) share an infant daughter, Hope, the stakes are higher than ever. In the second season, Klaus and Elijah united against their resurrected mother, Esther, who tortured them with demons from their pasts in an effort to persuade them to surrender their vampire bodies and become mortal. Esther, however, was only the harbinger, as Klaus learned that a long-standing curse had marked Hope for a life of isolation and terror at the hands of Esther's sister, the witch Dahlia, whose defeat came at great cost to the family. Season 3 finds Klaus and Elijah estranged from each other, even as both half-brothers adjust to life with their long-lost sister, Freya (Riley Voelkel). Hayley suffers mightily at the hands of Klaus's petty vengeance, while Marcel (Charles Michael Davis) and Davina (Danielle Campbell) rule the city under a new status quo. Meanwhile, Camille (Leah Pipes) and Vincent (Yusuf Gatewood) find themselves caught up in a surprising mystery involving the newest resident of New Orleans - the first vampire ever sired by the Mikaelsons a thousand years ago. THE ORIGINALS is from Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with My So-Called Company, Alloy Entertainment, Warner Bros. Television and CBS Television Studios. Julie Plec ("The Vampire Diaries", "Kyle XY", "Wasteland"), Michael Narducci ("The Vampire Diaries", "The 4400", "Medium"), Diane Ademu-John ("Body of Proof", "Medium") and Leslie Morgenstein ("The Vampire Diaries", "Gossip Girl", "Pretty Little Liars") are executive producers.
It has been confirmed that it will be moved to Fridays.
- Chapter I: The Trinity Chapter (Ep. 301-310)
- The Trinity, the first three vampires sired by the Originals, come to New Orleans with news of a prophecy foretelling the death of the three remaining Originals, along with their sirelines. As the Originals try to prevent the prophecy, the Trinity try to take control of it and imprison their sires, resulting in betrayals, secret alliances, and death.
- Chapter II: The Weapon Chapter (Ep. 311 - 314)
- In the wake of Tristan's failed plan to imprison the Originals for all time, Aya begins to make moves to prevent the Prophecy by finding the weapon. When the wood from the toy Klaus gave his daughter turns out to be White Oak, different factions try to claim it. While Cami is dealing with her new life as a vampire, with Vincent's help, Aurora returns and steals the weapon, wanting revenge for her brothers eternal imprisonment by killing Klaus and Elijah with White Oak wooden bullets. After ascending to the leadership of the Strix, part of Elijah's plan to use the Strix as an army to protect him, Marcel secretly aids the Mikaelsons, while Davina uses her magic to sever the fatal link between Klaus and his sireline, which gave her the power to resurrect Kol as an Original Vampire. While successful at stopping Aya and Aurora from unlinking all of the Originals from their sired, so Aya could kill them, Klaus has been unlinked from his sireline, leaving him vulnerable to his sireline enemies.
- Chapter III: The Beast Chapter (Ep. 315 - 322)
- With his sireline broken, Klaus is forced to flee New Orleans as his enemies converge on the Crescent City to end him. Accompanied by Hayley and Hope, he discovers a nefarious conspiracy as werewolves from all seven original packs are captured and experimented on, to create a werewolf toxin Klaus himself can't heal. Meanwhile, as Elijah and Freya deal with their brothers Kol and Finn's return from the dead, Lucien sets in motion a plan to become the greatest threat the Mikaelsons have ever faced. In addition, Vincent and Davina take a stand when the spirits of the Ancestors go too far, as their war on the Mikaelsons are personally affecting the two. After the ruthless assaults by Lucien and the Ancestors results in casualties against the Mikaelsons and their loved ones, Marcel spirals out of control, becoming a dangerous threat.
For more information, see Character Appearances.
- Joseph Morgan as Niklaus Mikaelson (22/22)
- Daniel Gillies as Elijah Mikaelson (22/22)
- Phoebe Tonkin as Hayley Marshall-Kenner (22/22)
- Charles Michael Davis as Marcel Gerard (21/22)
- Riley Voelkel as Freya Mikaelson (18/22)
- Leah Pipes as Camille O'Connell (16/22) (3x01 - 3x19)
- Danielle Campbell as Davina Claire (15/22) (3x01 - 3x21)
- Yusuf Gatewood as Vincent Griffith (15/22)
- Andrew Lees as Lucien Castle (14/22)
- Rebecca Breeds as Aurora de Martel (14/22)
- Nathaniel Buzolic as Kol Mikaelson (12/22)
- Oliver Ackland as Tristan de Martel (11/22)
- Jason Dohring as Will Kinney (9/22)
- Tracy Ifeachor as Aya Al-Rashid (9/22)
- Caspar Zafer as Finn Mikaelson (7/22)
- Nathan Parsons as Jackson Kenner (6/22)
- Steven Krueger as Josh Rosza (5/22)
- Lawrence Kao as Van Nguyen (5/22)
- Joyce Thi Brew as Kara Nguyen (4/22)
- Stephanie Cleough as Alexis (4/22) (archive footage in 3x07)
- Haley Ramm as Ariane (2/22)
- Sebastian Roché as Mikael (2/22) (archive footage in 3x11 & 3x17)
- Maisie Richardson-Sellers as Eva Sinclair/Rebekah Mikaelson (1/22)
- Taylor Cole as Sofya Voronova (1/22)
- Matt Cedeno as Gaspar Cortez (1/22)
- Dan Martin as Hollis (1/22)
- Debra Mooney as Mary Dumas (1/22)
- Leslie-Anne Huff as Rayna Cruz (1/22)
- Rebecca Blumhagen as Madison (1/22)
- Jaylen Moore as Mohinder (1/22)
- David E. Collier as Shen Min (1/22)
- Amber Midthunder as Kayla McInnis (1/22)
- McCarrie McCausland as Young Marcel (1/22) (archive footage in 3x22)
- Devon Allowitz as Henrik Mikaelson (1/22) (archive footage in 3x11)
- Morgan Alexandria as Lana (1/22) (archive footage in 3x11)
- Main article: Antagonists in The Originals Season 3
- Lucien Castle
- Tristan de Martel
- Aurora de Martel
- Aya Al-Rashid
- The Strix
- Gaspar Cortez
- The Ancestors
- Marcel Gerard
Episodes List: 2015-2016
|For the Next Millennium||Writer: Michael Narducci||Director: Lance Anderson||October 8, 2015.||#3x01|
|Months following their violent and deadly showdown with the powerful witch Dahlia, a rift continues to divide brothers Klaus and Elijah, while Freya searches for a way to heal their fractured bond and return their family to the way they once were. Meanwhile, Klaus' suspicion piques when he learns that an old vampire friend named Lucien has arrived to New Orleans with a mysterious agenda involving the Mikaelson's remaining sire lines. Elsewhere, Elijah questions whether he can truly forgive his brother for his mounting offenses, while Hayley struggles with being cursed to her wolf form in the bayou. In the French Quarter, Vincent and Cami assist Detective Kinney after a series of gruesome discoveries are made, leading them to believe they may have a serial killer on the loose. Finally, Marcel, who has regained control of the French Quarter once again, tries a new strategy to recruit vampires, while Davina, who is now Regent to the New Orleans witches, makes a decision that will find her and Marcel on opposite sides of an escalating conflict.
|You Hung the Moon||Writer: Carina Adly MacKenzie||Director: Jeffrey Hunt||October 15, 2015.||#3x02|
|After discovering that poachers have begun taking out werewolves in the bayou, Elijah and Jackson grow concerned for Hayley's safety when she fails to show up during the full moon. Meanwhile, Davina, the only one with the answer to Hayley’s whereabouts, plots ways to use that to her advantage. Elsewhere, Cami approaches Klaus with her theory on who is behind the series of murders in the French Quarter, while Lucien (guest star Andrew Lees) delivers to Elijah an unsettling warning about the war brewing among the sire lines. Finally, after receiving a dire prophecy about the future of the Mikaelson siblings, Klaus takes extreme measures to determine the validity of this potential impending threat.
|I'll See You in Hell or New Orleans||Writer: Declan de Barra & Michelle Paradise||Director: Michael Grossman||October 22, 2015.||#3x03|
|With tension running as high as ever, Klaus and Elijah are forced to come together in order to uncover Lucien’s true motives in New Orleans. Camille is caught off guard when she finds herself face to face with Lucien and is surprised when he reveals some unexpected information about his past with Klaus. Elsewhere, a mysterious figure presents an enticing offer to Marcel, while Hayley turns to an unconventional way of coping with her current situation. Finally, an old acquaintance from Elijah’s past arrives in New Orleans and delivers some startling news involving the growing threat to the Mikaelson siblings.
|A Walk on the Wild Side||Writer: Ashley Lyle & Bart Nickerson||Director: Matt Hastings||October 29, 2015||#3x04|
|In order to uncover what his old acquaintance Tristan is really up to in New Orleans, Elijah considers attending a gala thrown by a mysterious group of ancient vampires known as The Strix, while Hayley invites herself to attend with him. There, Marcel is approached with an enticing offer made by a mysterious woman named Aya, but he quickly realizes that things are not always what they seem. Elsewhere, when a vital component of Lucien's plan goes missing, he and Klaus form a tentative alliance in order to find it.
|The Axeman's Letter||Writer: Michael Russo & Diane Ademu-John||Director: Michael A. Allowitz||November 5, 2015||#3x05|
|As the war among the sire lines continues to grow, Klaus receives an unexpected visit by a figure from his past. When Elijah suspects that Tristan is hiding something, he enlists Marcel's help to find out what he's up to. Elsewhere, Davina struggles with her role as Regent and seeks advice from Hayley. Finally, an ancient secret that is uncovered threatens to tear the Mikaelson brothers apart for good.
|Beautiful Mistake||Writer: Christopher Hollier & Kyle Arrington||Director: Steven DePaul||November 12, 2015||#3x06|
|When Elijah and Freya realize that Rebekah may be the target of the Strix's latest plan, they do whatever it takes to protect her. Elsewhere, Klaus spends time with Aurora to figure out where her loyalties lie, while a dangerous run-in with a member of the Strix leads Hayley and Marcel to make an unsettling discovery. Finally, an elaborate scheme created by Lucien leaves Cami faced with a difficult decision to make and Detective Kinney fighting for his life.
|Out of the Easy||Writer: Beau DeMayo & Michelle Paradise||Director: Bethany Rooney||November 19, 2015||#3x07|
|With a dire prophecy looming over them, Klaus and Elijah invite Lucien, Tristan and Aurora to a Thanksgiving gathering in an attempt to negotiate a truce. When Aurora reveals that she has powerful leverage over Klaus, Hayley and Freya take matters into their own hands, leading to a deadly three-way confrontation. Elsewhere, Marcel and Vincent are forced to take drastic measures when they realize Davina may be in over her head, and Camille finds herself face-to-face with a dangerous new threat.
|The Other Girl in New Orleans||Writer: Michael Russo & Michael Narducci||Director: Kellie Cyrus||December 3, 2015||#3x08|
|After learning that Cami's life is in danger and Aurora may be to blame, Klaus is forced to engage in another one of her devious games and follows a series of clues she's left behind for him. Meanwhile, Elijah, Freya and Hayley take drastic measures against Tristan when they discover he holds a valuable piece of information they need. Elsewhere, Aya gives Marcel an ultimatum that leaves him with a difficult decision to make, while tensions between Hayley and Jackson cause her to reevaluate her involvement in Mikaelson Family matters.
|Savior||Writer: Diane Ademu-John & Carina Adly MacKenzie||Director: Matt Hastings||December 10, 2015||#3x09|
|When a dangerous affliction threatens to expose one of her siblings, Freya searches for a way to reverse the crippling curse even as she finds herself the target of The Strix's latest plan. Elsewhere, Klaus keeps a watchful eye over Cami while she attempts to help Detective Kinney, whose life has begun to spiral out of control as a result of Lucien's compulsion. Meanwhile, a confrontation with Marcel causes Vincent to reevaluate his decision to stay out of witch business, and Hayley's attempt at a quiet Christmas with Jackson and Hope results in an unexpected surprise.
|A Ghost Along the Mississippi||Writer: Declan de Barra||Director: Michael Grossman||January 29, 2016||#3x10|
|In the aftermath of a horrific plan that left Cami dead, Klaus declares war on Aurora and Tristan. Elsewhere, Vincent, who has resumed his role as Regent to the New Orleans witches, is forced to use his magic against his will, while Hayley and Jackson find themselves pawns in Tristan's twisted game. Finally, after learning that Tristan is in possession of a powerful weapon that could take their family down once and for all, Klaus, Elijah and Freya enact a risky plan that leads to a tense showdown with The Strix.
|Wild at Heart||Writer: Ashley Lyle & Bart Nickerson||Director: John Hyams||February 5, 2016||#3x11|
|While Klaus finds himself dealing with pressing matters at home, Elijah reluctantly aligns with Aya after learning that she may have knowledge of an elusive weapon that could kill an Original Vampire for good. Meanwhile, alone and shunned by her coven of witches, a desperate Davina is left conflicted after she is approached with an enticing offer that could bring her one step closer to reuniting with Kol.
|Dead Angels||Writer: Kyle Arrington & Michael Narducci||Director: Darren Genet||February 12, 2015||#3x12|
|When a powerful weapon that could take down the Mikaelsons for good ends up in the wrong hands, Klaus finds himself in a tense standoff with an unlikely foe. Meanwhile, Elijah's attempt to reclaim control of The Strix leads to a violent showdown and the emergence of a potential new leader. Elsewhere, when a new coven of witches tries to influence Davina into helping them locate the elusive weapon, she quickly realizes she may be in over her head.
|Heart Shaped Box||Writer: Michelle Paradise & Christopher Hollier||Director: Chris Grismer||February 19, 2016||#3x13|
|Determined to make her ultimate move against the Mikaelson brothers, Aurora uses Freya as bait to lure Klaus and Elijah into a dangerous trap. Meanwhile, after being recruited by The Strix's powerful coven of witches to perform a spell that could save the lives of her closest friends, Davina finds a way to conjure up Kol, the only person who may know the key ingredient to completing the spell. Finally, Hayley is forced to make a heartbreaking sacrifice.
|A Streetcar Named Desire||Writer: Beau DeMayo & Diane Ademu-John||Director: Matt Hastings||February 26, 2016||#3x14|
|With the threat of the prophecy looming over their heads, Klaus and Elijah find themselves rendered useless inside a magical trap, while Aya and The Strix's coven of witches move forward with a risky spell that could take one of them down for good. Elsewhere, Freya leads the charge to get her brothers back and enlists the help of Marcel, Hayley and Stefan Salvatore, an old friend of Klaus', whose unexpected arrival may be the key to their survival. Finally, Davina moves forward with a dangerous plan that brings her one step closer to reuniting with Kol.
|An Old Friend Calls||Writer: Carina Adly MacKenzie & Michael Russo||Director: Jeffrey Hunt||March 4, 2016||#3x15|
|When Klaus learns that Cortez, an old vampire with a vendetta against him, has arrived in New Orleans, he finds himself forced to deal with this new threat. Meanwhile, when Cortez begins threatening the lives of innocent residents, Vincent has no choice but to help the vengeful vampire in his plan to take down Klaus. Elsewhere, Marcel turns to Davina for her help after several Strix members turn up missing, and Elijah confronts Hayley after learning that she’s been dealing with Jackson's death in a destructive way.
|Alone with Everybody||Writer: Ashley Lyle & Bart Nickerson||Director: Hanelle Culpepper||April 1, 2016||#3x16|
|When rumors begin to spread about the remaining white oak bullet, dangerous foes descend upon New Orleans in an attempt to take down Klaus once and for all. As the threats continue to grow, Elijah urges his siblings to lay low at the compound while Marcel, Vincent and Josh chase down a lead involving a mysterious vampire named Sofya, who may have the answers they're looking for. Meanwhile, tensions inside the compound build as Kol is forced to come face to face with his brother Finn, the person responsible for his death. Elsewhere, Klaus and Hayley seek shelter with her former pack and stumble upon some unsettling news involving the threat against them.
|Behind the Black Horizon||Writer: Declan de Barra & Diane Ademu-John||Director: Joseph Morgan||April 8, 2016||#3x17|
|When it's discovered that Freya has been kidnapped and is in the hands of a dangerous new threat, the Mikaelson brothers are forced to put aside their differences in order to save her before it's too late. Following a lead that brings them to Mystic Falls, Elijah and Finn run into deputy Matt Donovan, who does not take well to new vampires in his town. Meanwhile, Klaus and Hayley work together to uncover the motive behind one of Lucien’s secret agendas, while a troubling shift in Kol's behavior leaves Davina concerned for their future together.
|The Devil Comes Here and Sighs||Writer: Kyle Arrington & Michelle Paradise||Director: Jesse Warn||April 15, 2016||#3x18|
|As the city celebrates its annual Jazz Fest, an unlikely team of Mikaelson foes joins forces to take Klaus hostage. Leading the charge to get their brother back, Elijah and Freya face off against a powerful force like none they've ever seen before, while Hayley and Cami set their own risky plan in motion to rescue Klaus. Meanwhile, when Kol's erratic behavior worsens, Davina has no choice but to turn to Marcel and Vincent for help.
|No More Heartbreaks||Writer: Celeste Vasquez & Michael Narducci||Director: Millicent Shelton||April 29, 2016||#3x19|
|Following a violent encounter that has left Cami's life hanging in the balance, Klaus is forced to rely on his family and allies to find a cure as he keeps a watchful eye over Cami at the compound. With time running out, Freya turns to her arsenal of spells, while Vincent and Marcel head to Cami's apartment to gather a crucial ingredient. Elsewhere, Hayley and Elijah travel to the bayou in hopes of bringing back a potential antidote that could save Cami's life. Finally, Davina confronts Lucien and learns some heartbreaking information that will change her future with Kol forever.
|Where Nothing Stays Buried||Writer: Carina Adly MacKenzie & Christopher Hollier||Director: John Hyams||May 6, 2016||#3x20|
|In the wake of a ruthless plan that has left their family shattered, Klaus, Elijah and Freya desperately search for a way to take down Lucien once and for all. However, their efforts are put on hold following an urgent plea for help from Kol and Marcel. At Klaus' insistence, Freya and Elijah reluctantly stay behind to offer their help, while Klaus and Hayley head to the bayou after uncovering Lucien’s latest plan. Once there, an unexpected showdown between Klaus and Lucien forces Freya to take matters into her own hands, setting off a chain of events that will change all of their lives forever. Vincent and Davina also appear.
|Give 'Em Hell Kid||Writer: Ashley Lyle & Bart Nickerson||Director: Jeffrey Hunt||May 13, 2016||#3x21|
|After receiving new visions of the looming prophecy, Freya uncovers that her family is on a collision course with a dangerous new enemy. Meanwhile, with the help of Detective Kinney, Vincent and Kol travel to the ancestral world to put a stop to the witches and take back their city once and for all. Elsewhere, Klaus and Elijah confront Marcel after a heartbreaking plan gone wrong has sent him spiraling. Hayley and Davina also appear.
|The Bloody Crown||Writer: Beau DeMayo & Diane Ademu-John||Director: Matt Hastings||May 20, 2016||#3x22|
|After months of thwarting off dangerous threats and deadly attacks, the Mikaelson siblings finally come face to face with the one person that could lead to their ultimate demise. With the stakes higher than ever and the compound overrun by an army of his oldest sworn enemies, Klaus is put on trial for centuries of atrocities he's committed. Meanwhile, Marcel, who has been spiraling out of control following an act of betrayal by those closest to him, is stunned by the unexpected arrival of someone from his past. Finally, Elijah, Freya and Kol frantically search for a way to save their family before it’s too late. Hayley also appears.
Production News and General
- The series was officially renewed on January 12, 2015 along with The Vampire Diaries, Arrow, Supernatural, The 100, The Flash, Jane the Virgin and Reign. This was the network's earliest and largest renewal to date with renewing 8 whole shows at once early in the new year.
- This is the first season to air after its parent show The Vampire Diaries at 9PM on Thursday nights since last summer when Season 1 aired back to back with The Vampire Diaries.
- This season will focus more on the vampires and less on the witches.  Indeed, the first vampire ever sired by the Mikaelsons come to town.
- Riley Voelkel has been upgraded to regular cast member for Season 3, reprising her role as Freya Mikaelson. 
- This is the last season to feature Leah Pipes as a series regular.
- Klaus has given away the rule of New Orleans to Marcel, and he has established a new status quo with the witches, led by Davina.
- This is the first season of The Originals to feature Caspar Zafer reprising his role as Finn Mikaelson in his Original Vampire body via flashbacks. This season will also feature Finn's first flashback scenes as an Original Vampire from either show. This is also the first season of The Originals to feature Finn in his original body in the present, as Finn's spirit appears in his true form and he was later resurrected.
- Paul Wesley appeared as Stefan Salvatore in episode 14 of this season.
- Joseph Morgan directed episode 17 , while Diane Ademu-John and Declan de Barra wrote for episode 17. 
- Zach Roerig appeared as Matt Donovan in episode 17 of this season. 
- Millicent Shelton directed episode 19, while Celeste Vasquez and Michael Narducci wrote for episode 19. 
- Jeffrey Hunt is directing episode 21,   while Ashley Lyle and Bart Nickerson wrote for episode 21. 
- The final day of shooting season three was April 14, 2016. 
- Season Three begins after a six month time jump.
- This was tweeted as a preview for season 3.
- This is the first season of either series to feature all 6 Mikaelson siblings, excluding Henrik, in the modern day, played by their original actors.
- Freya, Klaus, and Elijah are main characters, all in their birth bodies.
- Rebekah appears in both Eva's and her own body in Beautiful Mistake and Savior.
- Finn appears as a spirit in Freya's necklace in The Other Girl in New Orleans and again in Savior. He appears again after being resurrected as an Original Vampire in An Old Friend Calls.
- Kol appears as an ancestral spirit in Wild at Heart and Heart Shaped Box. He appears again after being resurrected as an Original Vampire in A Streetcar Named Desire.
- Davina and Camille were killed off this season, making it the first season on The Originals to have removed two main characters.