The Vampire Diaries, The Originals, and Legacies Wiki team makes every effort to maintain professional courtesy and provide sources of information for upcoming episodes. However, anyone can edit the The Vampire Diaries, The Originals, and Legacies Wiki. As a result, it is not an accurate spoiler source and should not be cited as such.
Note: Only Sourced returning actors are listed, speculating about returning actors without a valid source WILL BE REMOVED so do NOT add any other actors that haven't been confirmed yet.
Set in the Salvatore Boarding School for the Young and Gifted, LEGACIES tells the story of the next generation of supernatural beings as they learn what it means to be special in a world that may never understand. Typically a school for vampires like MG, werewolves like Rafael and witches like twins Lizzie and Josie Saltzman, the kids and their beloved headmaster Dr. Alaric Saltzman were stunned to come face to face with a series of monsters and creatures they had only ever heard of in myth and lore. A dragon. A gargoyle. The Headless Horseman. The evil behind the real-life resurrection of these formerly fictional beings proved to have a horrifying connection to the school's newest student, Landon Kirby. This led his first and only love Hope Mikaelson, the school's shining star, to sacrifice her place at the school — and in the world — to protect Landon from a terrible fate. The new season will show us a world without Hope Mikaelson and all the chaos that goes along with it. All the while, Hope will be trying to find her way back to the school she has learned to call home and the friends she has learned to love like family. It will be filled with new monsters and more romantic and emotional surprises than ever.
- Chapter I: The Memory Chapter (Ep. 201 - 208)
- This chapter tells the story of Hope being forgotten by everyone since she dove in the Malivore pit to stop the monster from rising. Due to not being a fully active tribrid, her presence merely weakened him. Sometime after returning from Malivore's realm, Hope seeks refuge at Alaric Saltzman's, who now works as principal at Mystic Falls High School, while the Salvatore School appoints a new principal; a witch named Rupert Vardemus. Meanwhile, Lizzie encounters a new mysterious vampire, and Josie begins a new relationship with Landon. After using a dark Japanese spell to free Lizzie from an Oni, her memory of Hope is restored. Josie later reverse enginers the spell to restore everyone's memory, but this leaves Josie, Hope and Landon at odds with each other until he finally makes a decision. Vardemus is revealed to be Ryan Clarke who impersonated the real Vardemus to plot against the Salvatore School, but ultimately meets his own end.
- Chapter II: The Necromancer Chapter (Ep. 209 - 213)
- This chapter continues with Hope readjusting at the Salvatore School while monsters continue to plague the place, though with different reasons than intended due to influence from the Necromancer, who was previously freed from Malivore's control after retrieving the knife, though his powers had been stripped. Josie's latest dilly-dallying with dark magic renders her prone to darkness, which she worries would turn her evil. They attempt to send the Mora Miserium containing the dark magic to a new prison world, only to be sent to the one where Kai Parker was imprisoned along with three other students. Desperate to return to their world, Josie breaks the Mora miserium and takes in all the dark magic, giving them the opportunity to leave the prison world.
- Chapter III: The Dark Josie Chapter (Ep. 214 - 216)
- This chapter deals with the aftermath of the Saltzmans' escape from the 2018 prison world. Josie's evil alter ego takes over and threatens everyone's safety to force Lizzie to go through with the Merge. Hope uses the opportunity to dive into Josie's mind in hopes of finding her subconscious. Meanwhile, Landon helps Rafael figure out what had happened to the latter, and discover he was killed and had been under the Necromancer's control. The Necromancer joins forces with Josie due to shared benefits. Back in Josie's mind, Hope is petrified by Dark Josie before Josie overcame her fear and defeated her. The Necromancer strikes a deal with Alaric to transfer Josie's dark magic into himself in exchange for Alyssa Chang and Rafael's freedom and Landon's resurrection, who was killed by Rafael while he was under control. The chapter ends with Josie giving up her siphoning power, and Hope and Landon both still unconscious in their separate states.
- Main article: Antagonists in Legacies Season Two
For more information, see Character Appearances.
- Danielle Rose Russell as Hope Mikaelson (15/16)
- Matthew Davis as Alaric Saltzman (15/16)
- Kaylee Bryant as Josie Saltzman (15/16)
- Jenny Boyd as Lizzie Saltzman (15/16)
- Aria Shahghasemi as Landon Kirby (14/16)
- Quincy Fouse as MG (13/16)
- Chris Lee as Kaleb (11/16)
- Peyton Alex Smith as Rafael Waithe (10/16)
- Demetrius Bridges as Dorian Williams (12/16)
- Thomas Doherty as Sebastian (10/16)
- Ben Levin as Jed (8/16)
- Ben Geurens as The Necromancer (7/16)
- Alexis Denisof as Professor Vardemus (7/16)
- Elijah B. Moore as Wade (6/16)
- Olivia Liang as Alyssa Chang (6/16)
- Bianca Kajlich as Sheriff Mac (5/16)
- Ebboney Wilson as Kym (5/16)
- Nick Fink as Ryan Clarke (4/16)
- Charles Jazz Terrier as Chad (4/16)
- Reznor Malalik Allen as Pedro (3/16)
- Karen David as Emma Tig (3/16)
Episodes List: 2019-2020
|I'll Never Give Up Hope||Writer: Brett Matthews & Julie Plec||Director: Julie Plec||October 10, 2019||#2x01|
|After discovering that there may be a way out of Malivore, Hope becomes more determined than ever to find her way back to Mystic Falls. Alaric, who is still reeling after being voted out as headmaster by the honor council, continues looking into the mysterious night Malivore was destroyed. Elsewhere, as the students leave for summer vacation, Landon stays behind to keep an eye on Rafael, while MG heads to Atlanta to spend time with Kaleb's family. Finally, while Lizzie spends the summer in Europe with Caroline, Josie searches for answers about the mysterious ascendant that Alaric was keeping from them.
|This Year Will Be Different||Writer: Thomas Brandon||Director: Jeffrey Hunt||October 17, 2019||#2x02|
|Determined to move forward with her new life alone, Hope's latest hunt leads her on a collision course with the past she's been desperately trying to leave behind. Meanwhile, on their first day back in school, Landon's newfound status as the popular guy leads to tensions with Josie. Elsewhere, as MG contemplates telling Lizzie how he feels about her, the arrival of a mysterious vampire puts a wrench into his plan. Finally, as Alaric gets settled into his new role at Mystic Falls High School, the students of the Salvatore School meet their new headmaster, Professor Vardemus.
|You Remind Me of Someone I Used to Know||Writer: Brett Matthews & Adam Higgs||Director: Michael A. Allowitz||October 24, 2019||#2x03|
|As the Salvatore School prepares for its annual football game against Mystic Falls High, the latest monster to arrive in Mystic Falls sets its eyes on one of the students. Landon and Josie's relationship is put to the test when a player from the opposing team catches his eye. Elsewhere, Lizzie enlists MG's help learning more about Sebastian, and Alaric goes head to head with Professor Vardemus.
|Since When Do You Speak Japanese?||Writer: Penny Cox||Director: Geoff Shotz||November 7, 2019||#2x04|
|When a samurai shows up in Mystic Falls looking for a demon that possesses its victims, Josie leads the charge to defend her friends from the demon's wrath. Meanwhile, as Landon and Rafael head to Mystic Falls High in hopes of learning more about the mysterious Hope, MG is conflicted by a secret he's uncovered about Lizzie's new vampire friend Sebastian. Finally, just as Alaric lets his guard down around the town's new sheriff, a confrontation with a demon forces him to reevaluate his priorities.
|Screw Endgame||Writer: Brett Matthews & Thomas Brandon||Director: Barbara Brown||November 14, 2019||#2x05|
|As the Salvatore School prepares for its upcoming '80s-themed decade dance, Hope and Lizzie find themselves trapped inside a never-ending labyrinth with a monster on their trail. Meanwhile, Josie and Landon decide whether or not to take their relationship to the next level. Elsewhere, MG turns to Kaleb for advice on what to do about Sebastian, while Rafael struggles to adjust to his life back at the school.
|That's Nothing I Had to Remember||Writer: Adam Higgs & Josh Eiserike||Director: Bola Ogun||November 21, 2019||#2x06|
|When a truth-seeking monster arrives in Mystic Falls during Commonwealth Day, Hope and Lizzie fear that the secrets they've each been keeping have made them targets. Meanwhile, MG, Kaleb and Kym seek out an unlikely ally, who may have knowledge on how to take down the latest monster. Finally, Freya receives an unexpected visit from one of the Salvatore Students.
|It Will All Be Painfully Clear Soon Enough||Writer: Jimmy Mosqueda & Cynthia Adarkwa||Director: Lauren Petzke||December 5, 2019||#2x07|
|After deciding that leaving town would be for the best, Hope gets pulled back in after Josie comes up with a risky plan to close the Malivore portal. Elsewhere, Alaric and Dorian make an alarming discovery about Professor Vardemus, while Rafael learns some upsetting news about Landon's future. Lizzie also appears.
|This Christmas Was Surprisingly Violent||Writer: Brett Matthews & Hannah Rosner||Director: Brett Matthews||December 12, 2019||#2x08|
|Hope joins forces with an unlikely ally to take down a Christmas monster, who's using holiday cheer to infiltrate the Salvatore School. Elsewhere, Landon surprises Rafael with news about his family lineage, and Sebastian accompanies Lizzie on her latest mission. Josie and Alaric also appear.
|I Couldn't Have Done This Without You||Writer: Thomas Brandon & Hannah Rosner||Director: Carl Seaton||January 16, 2020||#2x09|
|Back and ready to wreak havoc, The Necromancer's plan for revenge on Malivore takes a turn when he realizes he is now a human and powerless. To mend fences with Josie, Hope offers to help her learn more about the mora miserium. Elsewhere, Alaric enlists Landon's help to find out if Sebastian is a threat to the school. Lizzie and MG also appear.
|This is Why We Don't Entrust Plans to Muppet Babies||Writer: Adam Higgs & Josh Eiserike||Director: America Young||January 23, 2020||#2x10|
|As the witches of the Salvatore School come together to celebrate Coven Day, the latest monster to infiltrate the school targets Alyssa Chang and the other students by spreading discord and creating chaos among the covens. Elsewhere, Alaric, Lizzie and Josie search for a solution that keeps Josie protected from the dark magic brewing inside the mora miserium. Fed up with feeling powerless alongside Hope, Landon asks her to give him self-defense training. Finally, Alaric's past comes back to haunt him. MG and Kaleb also appear.
|What Cupid Problem?||Writer: Penny Cox & Cynthia Adarkwa||Director: Darren Grant||January 30, 2020||#2x11|
|After learning that Josie, Lizzie and Alaric are in trouble, Hope leads the charge to save them. Meanwhile, Landon seizes the chance to keep an eye on the latest monster in town in order to prove himself useful. Elsewhere, MG's attempt at a perfect first date with Kym takes a disastrous turn when Hope enlists his help in her plan. Kaleb also appears.
|Kai Parker Screwed Us||Writer: Brett Matthews & Thomas Brandon||Director: Angela Gomes||February 6, 2020||#2x12|
|When a series of events leads Josie, Lizzie and Alaric to the prison world, they come face to face with the twins' evil uncle Kai.
|You Can't Save Them All||Writer: Brett Matthews & Thomas Brandon||Director: Jeffrey Hunt||February 13, 2020||#2x13|
|Hope finds herself in a race against the clock as the threat of the prophecy looms and the pressure to rescue the Saltzmans grows. Meanwhile, Alaric's attempt to keep his family safe leads him to make a difficult decision. Landon, Josie, Lizzie, Rafael, MG and Kaleb also appear.
|There's A Place Where The Lost Things Go||Writer: Brett Matthews & Mark Ryan Walberg||Director: Michael Karasick||March 12, 2020||#2x14|
|In order to deal with their recent trauma, Emma suggests the students participate in a group simulation that transports them to a film noir world. Hope, Josie, Lizzie, MG and Rafael quickly learn they must confront their conflicts head-on or risk facing the game's catastrophic consequences. Alaric also appears.
|Life Was So Much Easier When I Only Cared About Myself||Writer: Adam Higgs & Jimmy Mosqueda||Director: Lauren Petzke||March 19, 2020||#2x15|
|When things take a dark turn on the twins' 17th birthday, Lizzie is left to make a difficult decision. Meanwhile, Hope takes drastic measures when she and Alaric clash over how to handle an issue involving Josie. Finally, Rafael makes a heartbreaking discovery.
|Facing Darkness is Kinda My Thing||Writer: Thomas Brandon & Sylvia Batey Alcala||Director: Michael Karasick||March 26, 2020||#2x16|
|In a race to save Josie, Hope infiltrates her subconscious and finds herself in a fairytale world filled with dark magic. Back at the Salvatore School, Alaric, Lizzie and the Super Squad commit to their own risky plan to get Josie back despite the potential consequences. Landon, MG, Rafael and Kaleb also appear.
- Main article: Spoilers
- The second season originally scheduled to have four more episodes than the first season, bringing the total to twenty episodes. However, due to the events of the global Coronavirus pandemic, production was shutdown and the sixteenth episode serves as the season finale.
- The CW scheduled the midseason premiere for January 16, 2020.
- The season's timeline starts in June and follows the events in the fall of 2028 up til the middle of March 2029.