|“||I took an oath to help people!||”|
Tara was a medical student at St Armis Medical Center.
Tara's parents died in a car crash around 2008. They were organ donors and their organs saved other people's lives. Influenced by this, Tara volunteered at a organ-transplant support group.
Throughout The Vampire Diaries Series
In We Have History Together, Stefan and Damon saw her outside the café. Stefan stabbed Damon with vervain in order to get Tara to help him. At the Hospital, Stefan compelled her to believe that Damon was a drunk driver and was responsible for killing her parents; that his future is over and his organs could help others. In the end, she made the choice to 'kill' Damon by injecting air into his IV, sending an embolism to his heart. Later, Damon killed her.
Nothing much was seen of Tara's personality, other than the fact that she believed in helping others and was committed to her cause as a medical student, believing in the oath she took when she enrolled. She was quick to help Damon, who she believed needed medical assistance when Stefan vervained him, despite knowing him; this showed that she was compassionate, even to strangers. Despite this, she was also quick to judge when she was made to believe that Damon had killed her parents, injecting air into his IV and "killing him", showing that she found it difficult to separate feelings from her work and thus allowed her judgement to be clouded.
Tara had medium-length, curly-wavy light brown hair and dark, brown eyes. She wore a dark blue coat and a light blue medical uniform.
- Tara is an Irish name and means "where the kings met".
- According to her character's side, she is a doctor helping Alaric with his friend in a scene.
- Her appearance, history and interest in medicine were similar to Elena Gilbert's. This was the reason why Stefan chose her at the café; for Damon to ultimately kill her.
- Tara: "I can't think like that, sadly. As a doctor, every life has to be as important as the next."
- Damon Salvatore: "Tara... I'm sorry. Did you hear me? I... Tara... It's... I... I'm sorry for what I did."
- Tara: "I appreciate you saying that... but it's just not enough."
- Damon Salvatore: "Uh... no... I wish I could go back and change it, but I can't. I'm so sorry for all that I've done. No, listen to me. Killing me won't change the past."
- Tara: "No, but it'll change your future."
- Damon Salvatore:"Oh... No. Don't do it, Tara"
- Tara: "Time of death... 2:47 p.m."