|“||Hear me, great spirit, hear me. We call upon you in this moment of need. We bring you an offering. A woman who desires justice for herself, for our tribe. Drink. She drinks the tea of protection so that she may be strong and so that no magic may touch her. She accepts our singular lives, so that she may have many. I didn't ask for anyone to die. No, they are not dead. They live on within you. Now... for the final step. She wields a weapon of judgment, one that thirsts for the blood of those that prey upon us. Link her spirit with this sword. This blade draws blood from a vampire. It will connect you. It will guide you. It will aide you in their destruction.||”|
The Eight Everlastings were a group of eight Shamans who created the spell that turned Rayna Cruz into a Supernatural Huntress by sacrificing themselves and binding their life-cycles to her. This also caused their corpses to be magically preserved in death, only able to decay each time the Huntress died. The last remaining one was presumed to be the leader of the group, who lead the ritual.
As a group, their most notable feat was the creation of the Huntress, by calling upon the Great Spirit to bestow and fortify her with a number of magical enhancements which allowed her the potential to cheat death eight times by granting her their own lives to help her with her vampire-hunting campaign which hints on how powerful the ritual must have been.
They seemed to be skilled at anti-magic potions as the Huntress whom they created had a significant (but limited) immunity to Magic due to the tea of protection which even cause her blood to become poisonous to witches and cause them to die.
Additionally, the Huntress seemed to have a supernatural link with her victims as she could experience their senses in real time and could sense their location through the mark upon them. Once the marks were created on her victims, they could not be siphoned even by skilled Siphoners, however they could be magically transferred.
Another notable feat of theirs was the creation of the Phoenix Stone as it housed a dimension within it, constructed solely as a prison for vampires, where they would suffer their own personal hell, according to their own personalities and deeds in life, and could only have a chance of escape (with the help of a witch) if they had learned their lesson, thus hinting in the complexity of the spell that created it.
- Given that they called upon a "Great Spirit" to aid them in the creation of the Huntress in a time where the Other Side still existed, one can assume that they practiced Spirit Magic. However, given their descendant called upon the same "Great Spirit", after the destruction of the Other Side, it can be inferred that they called upon Nature itself.
- Along with Qetsiyah, Esther Mikaelson, The Witch of The Five and a few others, they succeeded in creating a new supernatural species.
- The Shamans share similarities with Qetsiyah:
- They both created a new supernatural species.
- They both created supernatural, purgatorial dimensions that could trap the souls of supernatural beings at death.