[Klaus/Alaric opens the closet and takes out 2 shirts. Katherine is tied to a chair.]
[He shows the shirts to Katherine.]
- Katherine: The dark colors suit you better.
- Klaus/Alaric: Oh, thank you, honey. Okay, pop quiz. The dagger and white ash are in the Salvatores' possession, correct?
- Katherine: The dagger was used to kill Elijah. You'll find him in the basement of the Salvatore house.
- Klaus/Alaric: Okay, that dagger needs to stay exactly where it is. The last thing I need to do is resurrect Elijah. Oh, that guy is a buzzkill.
- Katherine: Don't forget you're on the outs with your girlfriend Jenna.
- Katherine: That's it.
[He gets closer to her and touches her face. She seems afraid.]
- Katherine: Please, just...kill me. I've told you everything that I know.
[Klaus puts his hands on the armrests on Katherine's chair and looks her in the face.]
- Klaus/Alaric: You see, I believe that you believe that, but what would you not know? What could they be keeping from you? Hmm? Anything? Tell me.
[She looks at him and he compels her.]
- Katherine: They were trying to see if Bonnie could find a way to kill an Original without a dagger.
- Katherine: She doesn't or didn't. I don't know. You kidnapped me, remember? I'm kinda out of the loop.
- Katherine: Please, just kill me, Klaus, and be done with it.
- Klaus/Alaric: And show you kindness? I've searched for you for over 500 years. Your death is going to last at least half that long.
[He takes a single-blade pocketknife from his pocket, opens it, and holds it before Katherine.]
[She takes the knife and stabs her thigh.]
[She takes it out. Her wound heals.]
- Klaus/Alaric: Now while I'm gone, I want you to do that over and over and over again and if you get bored, switch legs.
- Katherine: Where are you going?
[He kisses her on the forehead.]
[He leaves. Katherine stabs herself again.]
Salvatore Boarding House
[Elena and Bonnie are with a lawyer. Elena is signing papers.]
- Lawyer: Please sign here and here.
[She takes the pen.]
- Elena: Okay.
- Bonnie: So this place is all yours? They just gave it to you?
- Elena: For now. As sole owner, I'm the only one who can invite a certain type of person in here, if you know what I mean.
- Bonnie: Your own personal safe house.
- Elena: That's the idea.
- Bonnie: Wouldn't want to clean it.
[Stefan and Damon are waiting outside.]
- Damon: You really think Bonnie can take on Klaus?
- Stefan: She said she could channel enough witch's power to kill him. Elijah thought that would work and he was an Original, so...
- Damon: We just need to find him.
- Stefan: Yeah.
- Damon: Could she do one of those witch tracking spells?
- Stefan: Nope. Not without something that belongs to Klaus. Believe me, I already asked.
- Damon: Do you think he killed her?
- Stefan: Katherine? Probably.
- Damon: It's not like she didn't have it coming.
[Elena opens the door. The lawyer leaves.]
- Elena: Thank you, Mr. Henry.
[Stefan and Damon walk to the threshold but an invisible force keeps them out.]
- Elena: I'm sorry. I completely forgot.
[She looks at Stefan.]
- Elena: Stefan. Would you like to come inside my house?
- Stefan: I would love to. Thank you.
[He enters. Elena looks at Damon.]
- Damon: What are we, twelve?
- Elena: One of us is. If I let you in, do you promise to obey the owner of this house?
- Damon: No.
- Elena: Seriously, Damon. My way. You promised. I call the shots. No lies, no secret agendas. Remember?
- Damon: Yes, Elena. Sure.
- Elena: Then please, come in.
[He enters and looks at Stefan. Elena closes the door]
- Damon: Shut up.
[Bonnie walks in from another room and gives Elena her jacket.]
- Elena: Thanks.
- Stefan: Wait, where are you going?
- Elena: To school.
- Stefan: Huh?
- Damon: No, no, no. We didn't create a safe house for you to leave it.
- Stefan: Yeah, guys, Klaus is out there. We know that.
- Elena: Right. But where? No one knows. Look, I really appreciate what you guys are doing. And I'll be able to sleep at night knowing that I'll be safe here, but I'm not going to be a prisoner.
[She looks at Damon.]
- Damon: Tsk. Your way, Elena.
- Bonnie: Don't worry, I'm ready. If he shows his face, I can take him. Know how.
- Elena: The way I see it, next to Bonnie is the safest place that I can be. Come on.
[They leave. Stefan looks at Damon.]
- Stefan: Wait, um, coming.
[He leaves with them.]
[Matt knocks on the door. Liz opens the door.]
- Sheriff Forbes: Caroline left early for school.
- Matt: I know. I came to see you. I don't know what to do. What to say, how to act around her.
- Sheriff Forbes: You can't let on that you know.
- Matt: She wants me to take her to the dance. What am I supposed to do?
- Sheriff Forbes: Take her to the dance.
- Matt: I'll never get away with it. She knows me too well, she'll figure it out.
- Sheriff Forbes: Damn it, Matt, just do it. She's my daughter. She's my baby. I just, I need some time.
- Matt: I know, but...
- Sheriff Forbes: Look, if what Caroline told you is true, she's not the only one. The Salvatores are vampires. The Gilbert family is in on it. Tyler Lockwood is God knows what.
- Matt: A werewolf.
- Sheriff Forbes: There's no one in this town I can trust. I just need to take a beat and figure out what to do.
- Matt: That'll never fool her.
- Sheriff Forbes: Yes, you will. As far as she knows, you don't remember anything. Buy me some time. Please, Matt.
Mystic Falls High School
[Everyone sits down in their seats before class starts. Elena takes the poster for the 60s decade dance out of her bag and shows it to Stefan with a smile. He shakes his head in disapproval. Then, she shows it to Bonnie. She nods her head. Elena looks back at Stefan. Alaric/Klaus arrives.]
- Dana: With the decade dance tonight, we've been covering the sixties all week.
[He sees Elena. He looks at her for a while and turns to the board.]
[He writes on the board.]
- Alaric/Klaus: The sixties. I wish there was something good I could say about the sixties, but...Actually, they kind of sucked. Except for the Beatles, of course. They made it bearable. Uh, what else was there? The Cuban missile thing, the...we walked on the moon. There was Watergate.
- Elena: Watergate was the seventies, Ric. I-I mean, Mr. Saltzman.
- Alaric/Klaus: Right. It all kind of mushes together up here, the sixties, seventies. Thank you, Elena.
[Later, people are preparing for the dance outside. Caroline joins Dana but sees Matt.]
- Caroline: Hey, Dana. Um, can you take care of these?
- Dana: Sure.
- Caroline: Okay, thank you.
[She gives her some posters and leaves.]
[She walks over to Matt. He looks happy to see her.]
- Caroline: Hey.
[He kisses her.]
- Caroline: What was that for?
- Matt: Just practicing for tonight.
[They kiss again and she laughs.]
- Matt: So I...found a suit. If you still want me to be JFK tonight.
- Caroline: Perfect.
[Bonnie and Jeremy are in the cafeteria.]
- Jeremy: Did you tell Elena what it's going to take for you to do that Klaus spell?
- Bonnie: No, and you're not, either.
- Jeremy: Well, she's gotta know you can't do it.
- Bonnie: You don't know I can't. Have a little faith in me.
- Jeremy: That's not fair. You can't harness the power of a hundred dead witches. It'll kill you.
- Bonnie: Shh! We don't know that for certain. You promised to keep my secret, I'm trusting you. I'm going through with this, and if you tell anyone, I swear...
- Jeremy: What? What are you gonna do?
[Elena walks up to them carrying her lunch on a tray.]
- Elena: Hey, Jer. How you doing? Are you okay at the house alone with John?
- Jeremy: It's not ideal.
[He gets up.]
- Elena: You haven't heard from Jenna, have you?
- Jeremy: It looks like she's staying on campus. Look I'm...I'm late for class.
[He leaves. Elena sits down with Bonnie.]
- Elena: What's going on?
- Bonnie: I told him he had to dress up tonight and he got all uptight.
- Elena: Oh.
[She laughs. Dana walks over to their table.]
- Dana: Hey, Elena, there you are. Okay. This is going to sound freaky, but this totally hot guy just asked me to ask you if you're going to the dance tonight.
- Bonnie: Tell him she has a boyfriend.
- Dana: You could at least meet him. He'll be at the dance tonight. Look for him. His name is Klaus.
- Elena: I'm sorry, what did you just say?
- Dana: His name's Klaus. I know the name's stupid, but I swear he's hot.
[Bonnie looks around them.]
- Bonnie: Where is he? Is he here?
- Dana: I don't know.
- Bonnie: She's been compelled.
- Dana: But he wants to know if you'll save him the last dance. How cute is that?
Salvatore Boarding House
[Stefan, Damon, Bonnie and Elena are in the living room.]
- Damon: So we go to the dance, we find him.
- Stefan: Really? How are we going to do that? We don't even know what he looks like.
- Damon: Something tells me he's not going to be sixteen and pimply.
- Stefan: He could be anywhere at any time. He compelled somebody at school.
[He looks at Elena and Bonnie.]
- Stefan: I guess it's not as safe as you guys thought, huh?
[Someone knocks on the door. Alaric/Klaus enters.]
- Damon: There you are.
- Damon: Hey, I need you to put me down as a chaperone at the dance tonight. Klaus made his first move.
- Elena: Okay, so we find him and then what, hmm? What's our plan of attack?
- Bonnie: Me. I'm the plan. He has no idea how much power I can channel. If you can find him, I can kill him.
- Damon: Alaric has a point. I mean, what if he...
[He rushes at Bonnie but she throws him on the other side of the room with her powers, without touching him.]
- Stefan: Well, I was impressed.
- Bonnie: It doesn't matter if he's an Original. I can take down anyone who comes at me. I can kill him, Elena. I know I can.
[Katherine is still in the chair. Her leg has blood all over it. She still has the knife in her hand.]
- Katherine: That's terrible.
[The warlock is in the kitchen.]
[He opens a drawer.]
[He looks at the shirts and sees that there's something under. He opens it and sees a lot of weapons to kill vampires.]
- Katherine: He's the local vampire hunter.
[Maddox holds out a glass of bourbon to Klaus.]
- Maddox: All I could find. Guy likes his bourbon.
[He gives him the glass. Alaric/Klaus takes it.]
- Alaric/Klaus: I knew there was something about him I liked. There's a high school dance and I'm gonna need you to take out witch bitch.
- Maddox: If she has that much power, she can sense me coming from a mile away. I won't be able to get near her. You have to do it.
- Alaric/Klaus: In this body? I'm a haggard history teacher. She can easily hurt me. I mean, not me, Klaus me, but you know what I mean.
[Katherine is listening to them.]
- Maddox: No witch could handle channeling that much power. It'll kill her. It would kill me. You just have to make her use it.
- Maddox: Won't take long. Just keep attacking her until it kills her. His body, Alaric's, will last longer than hers will.
- Maddox: I can help in that department. I can do a spell to protect you.
[Alaric/Klaus looks at Katherine. She lowers her head.]
[Caroline is all dressed up. Liz walks through the front door.]
- Caroline: There you are! You almost missed me. How do I look?
[She spins around to show off her costume.]
- Sheriff Forbes: Jackie O?
- Caroline: Duh.
- Sheriff Forbes: You look good.
- Caroline: Thanks. Is everything okay?
- Sheriff Forbes: Uhh, just some work stress.
- Caroline: Well, you work too much.
[Matt knocks on the door. Caroline laughs and opens the door.]
- Caroline: Mr. President.
- Matt: Hey.
- Caroline: Hi.
[She tries to kiss him but he looks at the sheriff and goes back. Caroline laughs.]
- Matt: Sheriff.
- Caroline: Sorry.
- Sheriff Forbes: Have fun.
- Caroline: We will.
[Matt looks at the sheriff.]
- Matt: Bye.
[He closes the door and leaves.]
Salvatore Boarding House
[Stefan and Elena are in his bedroom. She's looking through some boxes.]
- Elena: Your relatives were such packrats.
[She takes two outfits out and shows them to Stefan.]
- Elena: Okay, so what do you think? Twiggy or sexy hippy?
- Stefan: Ooh. You know it's not too late to back out, right?
- Elena: And what, miss out on all the fun?
[She seems sad. He walks over to her.]
- Stefan: Hey.
- Elena: All this time spent worrying about Klaus. I think I convinced myself that he's not real but he is.
- Stefan: And tonight, we will put an end to him.
- Elena: I love you.
- Stefan: I want you to tell me that when the night's over.
[They kiss again. They don't notice Damon standing at the door.]
- Damon: Any time tonight.
Mystic Falls High School
[It's the 60s decade dance. Everyone's dancing. Alaric/Klaus arrives, dances his way through the crowd and heads over to Dana and her date.]
- Dana: Nice outfit, Mr. Saltzman. Totally far out.
- Chad: It's Chad, Mr. Saltzman, from third period.
[Chad smiles and looks eager to help out.]
[Bonnie and Jeremy are outside.]
- Jeremy: Wait.
[He takes off his ring.]
- Jeremy: Look, I, um, I want you to have this.
- Bonnie: If you're asking me to go steady, I think that was the fifties.
- Jeremy: No, I'm serious, Bonnie.
- Bonnie: The ring won't work on me, Jeremy.
- Jeremy: But it was made by a witch.
- Bonnie: To protect from the supernatural, not for someone who is.
- Jeremy: Well, I have to do something. I can't just...I can't just let you get yourself killed.
- Bonnie: Just because a bunch of dead witches gave me a warning doesn't mean I'm going to die.
- Jeremy: So you're saying there's a 50-50 shot you won't? Look, I'm sorry. But...you know I don't have the best luck in the girlfriend department.
- Bonnie: Hey. Listen, I...I can't explain it. But I can feel them. I'm empowered, Jeremy, I can do this. I know I can. I'm strong enough.
[She embraces him and sees Damon.]
- Bonnie: Damon.
- Damon: Evenin'
[He goes inside. Elena and Stefan arrive and walk up to Bonnie and Jeremy.]
- Elena: Hey you two. Oh, you look nice.
[She embraces Bonnie.]
- Bonnie: You too.
- Stefan: You guys ready to do this?
[Inside everyone is dancing. Dana goes onto the stage and speaks into the microphone.]
- Dana: Thanks for being here, everybody. We have a special shout-out tonight.
[Elena, Stefan, Bonnie, Jeremy and Damon stop in front of the stage.]
- Dana: This is for Elena. From Klaus.
[A song starts playing. Elena seems stunned. Alaric/Klaus looks happy.]
- Damon: That was a lame, cheap shot. He's just trying to bait us.
- Elena: I know everyone here.
- Stefan: Maybe he's not here. Just wants us to believe that he is.
- Damon: It's a party, people. Blend. Let him come to us.
- Bonnie: Good idea.
[She takes Jeremy's arm.]
- Jeremy: No, no, I really don't feel like dancing.
- Bonnie: Too bad.
[They go on the dance floor. Damon sees Alaric/Klaus.]
- Damon: There's Ric. I'll be back.
[Damon walks over to and stands next to Alaric/Klaus.]
- Damon: I'm not impressed.
[Alaric/Klaus looks disappointed and looks at Damon.]
- Damon: Let me know if you see anything out of whack.
[Jeremy and Bonnie are dancing and so are Elena and Stefan. She sees Caroline and Matt arriving.]
- Elena: Caroline's here. They don't know what's going on. We have to tell her.
- Stefan: I'm on it.
[He looks at Damon and motions that he has to leave. Damon takes Elena and they dance.]
- Damon: How you doing?
- Elena: Um, freaking out a bit. You?
- Damon: Cool as a cucumber. Come on, remember the last decade dance? The vampires were all, "arghh!" And you were all, "aahh!"
- Elena: Right. And you won.
- Damon: Yes! We did.
[He spins her round.]
- Elena: You're good at this.
- Damon: I've got moves you've never seen.
[Matt and Caroline are on the dance floor.]
- Caroline: Dance with me.
- Matt: I'm a really bad dancer.
[She laughs and takes his arm.]
- Caroline: I know better than that.
- Caroline: What?
- Matt: You look really pretty tonight.
[Stefan joins them.]
- Stefan: Hey, guys.
- Matt: Hey, man, what's up?
- Stefan: Hey. Do you mind if I steal your date for a moment?
- Matt: No, not at all. I'll get us something to drink.
- Stefan: Thanks.
[Matt leaves. Stefan dances with Caroline.]
- Caroline: What's wrong?
- Stefan: Klaus is here.
- Caroline: What?!
- Stefan: Yeah.
- Caroline: Where?
- Stefan: We have no idea. But keep your eye out for anything that might be weird, okay?
[Bonnie and Jeremy are dancing. Damon joins them.]
- Damon: May I?
[Jeremy looks at him and leaves. Damon dances with Bonnie.]
- Bonnie: You heard Jeremy and me talking, didn't you?
- Damon: Is it true?
- Bonnie: Yes.
- Damon: The part about you having a 50-50 shot of surviving? Is that true?
- Bonnie: He was upset. I didn't want him to worry.
- Damon: So you lay it out on the line for Elena, no matter what.
- Bonnie: No matter what.
- Damon: Good.
- Bonnie: You can't tell her.
- Damon: Your secret's safe with me, but I mean...With all that power, is there no way to increase your odds?
- Bonnie: Careful, Damon. I might start to think you actually care.
- Damon: We wouldn't want that.
[Elena and Jeremy are standing near the drinks table. They're looking at Bonnie and Damon.]
- Elena: What are they up to?
- Jeremy: Who knows?
- Elena: Is there something going on, Jer? You okay?
- Jeremy: Fine. I'm fine.
[He leaves. Stefan joins her.]
- Stefan: Everything all right?
- Elena: I'm not sure.
[Jeremy is in the hallway. Stefan joins him.]
- Stefan: Jeremy. What are you doing? Elena thinks we should stick together.
- Jeremy: Yeah, I'm fine. I've got my ring. It's...it's Bonnie.
- Stefan: What is it? Hey, you got something on your mind, spit it out.
- Jeremy: If Bonnie takes on Klaus, channeling all that energy's going to kill her.
- Stefan: What?
- Jeremy: But she doesn't want Elena to know, 'cause if Elena knows, she's gonna try to stop her. And it's Elena that could turn up dead, so...What am I supposed to do?
[Everyone is dancing. Damon is dancing with two girls. Bonnie looks at him and smiles. Elena joins her.]
- Elena: I need to talk to you.
[They leave. Damon's looking at them. Bonnie looks at him. Stefan heads over to Damon.]
- Stefan: Come here, come here, come here. Please tell me you didn't know that Bonnie was on a suicide mission.
- Damon: Oh, great. Jeremy told you and of course you told Elena.
- Stefan: Yeah, I told her. You promised her no more secrets.
- Damon: I changed my mind.
[Elena and Bonnie are outside away from everyone else.]
- Elena: How could you not tell me?
- Bonnie: 'Cause I knew how'd you react.
- Elena: No. No way, it's not an option.
- Bonnie: It's our only option.
- Elena: Then we'll find another way, okay? Bonnie, you're not dying to save my life.
- Bonnie: I have the power to save you! If I don't use it and something happens, that would kill me more.
- Elena: I can't let you.
- Bonnie: Just answer one question...if the situation was reversed, would you do it for me?
[Elena doesn't answer.]
- Bonnie: So you know why I have to.
- Elena: No. No!
[Jeremy is in the hallway. Chad and two other students are waiting for him.]
- Jeremy: What's going on, guys?
- Chad: You okay, Gilbert? You don't look so good.
- Jeremy: Dude, seriously? Wrong day, wrong guy.
[They start fighting. The two other boys grab Jeremy while Chad punches him in the stomach a few times. The other boys throw Jeremy to the ground and they all start kicking him. Stefan and Damon run over.]
- Damon: Hey idiots!
[One of the boys pulls out a crossbow and shoots a stake at Damon and it hits him in the shoulder. The other boys pull out weapons.]
- Damon: Let me guess...Klaus says hi?
[Stefan rushes over to the boys and hits them. Damon grabs another boy and holds a stake up ready to kill him.]
- Stefan: No, no, no, no, don't kill him. He's compelled.
- Damon: So?
- Stefan: So, the whole thing's a distraction. Go find Bonnie and Elena. I got this. Go.
[Damon throws the boy against the lockers, knocking him out. Damon runs towards the dance floor.]
[Alaric/Klaus runs up to Bonnie and Elena outside.]
- Elena: What is it?
- Elena: What?
- Bonnie: What?!
[They follow him through a side door and into a hallway.]
- Elena: Okay, so where are you taking us?
- Elena: Wait...Something's not right.
- Bonnie: Where's Jeremy?
[Alaric/Klaus stops walking and laughs.]
- Alaric/Klaus: I mean, whose call was that, anyway? I much prefer the twenties. The style, the parties, the jazz.
- Elena: Alaric. Are you on vervain?
- Elena: He's being compelled.
- Elena: What's going on?
- Elena: Klaus!
[Alaric/Klaus smiles broadly.]
- Elena: Oh, no. No, it's not possible.
[He looks at Bonnie.]
[He starts towards Bonnie but she throws him against the wall with her powers. He gets up.]
- Alaric/Klaus: Now, did I mention that I knew a witch? You're gonna have to hit me a lot harder than that.
[He rushes over to her and she throws him against a display case, smashing the glass. He falls to the ground but laughs.]
[He gets up.]
- Bonnie: Go. Run. Run!
[They run. Bonnie closes the doors with her powers. Damon runs through another pair of doors and joins them.]
- Damon: What happened?
- Elena: Klaus is in Alaric's body.
- Damon: What?
- Bonnie: He's possessing it or something.
[He looks at Elena.]
- Damon: Go find Stefan. Now.
- Elena: Okay.
- Damon: Now.
[She leaves. Damon and Bonnie are alone.]
- Damon: Can you kill him?
- Bonnie: He's got some kind of protection spell on him.
- Damon: You have the power of a hundred witches. Break it.
- Bonnie: I'm trying! If I kill Alaric, he'll just possess someone else. He knows I have my power, Damon. He's trying to kill me.
- Damon: No. Klaus does not get to win tonight, no way. You still willing to do whatever it takes to kill him?
[Elena moving through the dance floor, looking all around her. Caroline sees her. She's with Matt.]
- Caroline: Hey! Are you okay?
- Elena: Um...Yeah. I'm just...I'm looking for Stefan.
[She sees him.]
- Caroline: Seriously, what's wrong?
- Elena: Uh, just, um, just stay with Matt, okay?
[She sees Stefan and goes over to him.]
- Matt: What was that about?
- Caroline: Oh, you know, just the same old drama.
[Bonnie is in the hallway, alone. She walks determinedly through the hallway. She enters the cafeteria. Alaric/Klaus is sitting in a chair, a knife in between this fingers. He wiggles the knife as he speaks.]
[She breaks his wrist of the hand holding the knife with her powers. The knife drops onto the floor. He grabs his hand and twists it with a jerk back into place.]
[He gets up. She breaks his shoulder with her powers. He groans.]
- Bonnie: It's what Alaric would want. And he'd want you to suffer first.
[Blood starts leaking from one of her nostrils.]
[She wipes her nose.]
- Bonnie: Let's find out.
[Elena and Stefan are running in the hallway. Damon walks out a door in front of them.]
- Damon: There you are.
- Elena: What are you doing? Where's Bonnie?
- Damon: She's doing what she has to do.
- Elena: What?
- Stefan: Where is she?
- Damon: Stefan, let her do this.
- Stefan: Damn it, Damon, where is she?!
[Bonnie is still fighting Alaric/Klaus with her powers. She breaks his leg. The lights flicker and a gust of wind sends papers flying. Her nose is bleeding a lot. She breaks Alaric/Klaus's foot and he falls to the floor. Elena and Stefan arrive. Bonnie shuts the doors so they can't come in.]
- Elena: Bonnie, no!
[Alaric/Klaus is crawling on the floor. Bonnie fights Alaric/Klaus and lights start bursting, sending a shower of sparks raining down. Elena screams. Stefan tries to open the doors but he can't. Bonnie looks at Elena with a smile. Alaric/Klaus gets up and Bonnie faces him. Suddenly with a jerk of her body she bends back and falls on the floor. Elena and Stefan open the doors and rush over Bonnie in the now dark room.]
- Elena: No! Oh! Bonnie! Bonnie, Bonnie! Bonnie! Hey, hey.
[She takes Bonnie in her arms. Stefan looks around them. Alaric/Klaus is gone.]
- Elena: Stefan, she's not breathing!
[She starts crying.]
- Elena: Stefan! Stefan, I can't find her pulse! Stefan! Do something, please! Stefan, please! Just give her blood, do something, please!
[Stefan slowly looks up at Elena.]
- Stefan: It's too late. I'm sorry.
[Elena's still crying and shaking her head in disbelief.]
- Elena: No! No. No, no, no, no, no! Bonnie! Bonnie, please, no! No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no!
- Damon: Stefan, get Elena out of here. I'll deal with the body.
- Elena: What do you mean, deal with it?
- Damon: The sheriff can't know about this. Last thing we need's another mysterious death.
- Elena: This is Bonnie!
[Damon looks at Stefan.]
- Damon: Get her home. Now. So I can clean this up.
[Stefan grabs Elena and helps her to get up.]
- Stefan: Hey, hey, hey.
- Elena: No. Jeremy. Oh, my God, Jeremy. What about Jeremy?
- Damon: I'll find him.
[Elena gets up. She looks at Bonnie's body, crying and screaming. Stefan takes her and they leave. Alone, Damon gently caresses Bonnie's face and closes her eyes.]
[Later, Damon gently puts Bonnie's body in the trunk and closes it. Jeremy runs over to him.]
- Jeremy: Damon! Hey, I got your message, I can't find anyone. Where's Elena, where's Bonnie?
- Damon: We need to have a little talk.
Salvatore Boarding House
[Elena is sitting next to the fireplace with tears in her eyes. Stefan walks in holding a cup.]
- Stefan: Hey. Here, drink this.
- Elena: I can't.
- Stefan: Yeah. Yeah, you can. Please drink this.
[She takes the glass and puts it to her lips but before she can drink it she starts crying.]
- Elena: This is my fault.
- Stefan: No, no, no, no, no. No. Hey. This was Klaus. Listen to me. Klaus did this.
[Damon arrives. She sees him and gets up.]
- Elena: What did you do with her?!
[He looks at Stefan.]
- Damon: Will you please calm her down?
- Elena: Don't talk like I'm not standing right in front of you.
- Damon: Please calm down.
- Elena: You knew! Didn't you? You knew that if she harnessed all that power, that she would die, didn't you?
- Damon: Yes. Yes, I knew.
[She slaps him.]
- Damon: You need to listen to me, and prepare for what I'm about to say. Bonnie had to die. Klaus using Alaric's body was a total surprise. She wasn't prepared for that. And he wasn't going to stop, and we weren't going to be able to stop him until he knew she was dead. He had to believe it.
Old Witch House
[Bonnie is lying on the floor. Jeremy walks in and lights some candles. She wakes up. He rushes over and she sits up and embraces him. They laugh with joy.]
Salvatore Boarding House
- Damon: She cast a spell. Bonnie's okay.
[He turns around and walks to the stairs. Stefan follows him.]
- Stefan: You know, you could have told me.
- Damon: How do I know when you're going to go blabbing things to your girlfriend?
- Stefan: You understand what you put her through?
- Damon: See, that's why I didn't tell you. 'Cause you would have never been able to do it. Don't get me wrong, Stefan. I don't mind being the bad guy. I'll make all the life and death decisions while you're busy worrying about collateral damage. I'll even let her hate me for it. But at the end of the day, I'll be the one to keep her alive.
[He goes upstairs.]
Old Witch House
[Jeremy has his laptop on his legs. He opens it.]
- Jeremy: You sure it's safe here?
- Bonnie: Yeah, I'm sure.
[He takes something from his bag.]
- Bonnie: What is that?
- Jeremy: It is MiFi. If we're gonna be stuck here, then we might as well have Internet.
- Bonnie: You don't have to stay down here with me.
- Jeremy: Hey, look, I'm not letting you out of my sight.
- Bonnie: I...I need you to talk to Elena for me. Tell her how sorry I am for what Damon and I had to do.
- Jeremy: Well, um...Why don't you tell her yourself?
[He turns the laptop so Bonnie can see Elena thanks to the webcam.]
Salvatore Boarding House
[Elena is talking with Bonnie via webcam.]
- Elena: Bonnie!
- Bonnie: Elena, Elena, I'm so sorry.
- Elena: It's okay, it's okay. I just needed to see you for myself.
- Bonnie: There wasn't enough time for me to tell you.
- Elena: It's okay, seriously. Damon explained it all.
[Damon is in his bedroom. Elena joins him.]
- Damon: Ugh. Look. Klaus had to think she was dead. Your reaction had to be real.
- Elena: I understand why you did what you did. Klaus was fooled, and Bonnie's alive.
- Damon: Here's to duplicity.
[He holds up his glass of bourbon and takes a drink.]
- Elena: But let's get one thing straight, Damon. Bonnie will not die for me, I will not let that happen.
- Damon: We need to kill Klaus, Elena. Real Klaus. Who will probably be coming to pay you a visit soon now that he knows that Bonnie is dead. She's the only one who can do it.
- Elena: We'll find another way.
- Damon: I hope so.
- Elena: Look, I shouldn't have hit you.
- Damon: Apology accepted. Let me be clear about something. If it comes down to you and the witch again, I will gladly let Bonnie die. I will always choose you.
[She doesn't say anything for a moment.]
- Elena: Good night, Damon.
- Damon: Good night.
[She looks at him and leaves.]
[She goes into the basement, opens the cellar, looks at Elijah's body and removes the dagger. She sits down next to the body.]