|“||Oh, you're still singing. [...] Those slugs revealed your uninhibited self. You really want to share the spotlight with the worst sister ever, Josie Saltzman? The spotlight is officially yours.||”|
THE SALVATORE SCHOOL'S ANNUAL TALENT SHOW — When Alaric decides to postpone the school's annual talent show, Lizzie and Josie are determined to make sure the show goes on. Meanwhile, tensions arise when the students face a creature that lowers their inhibitions. Lastly, Alaric decides to play hooky with Emma. Hope, Landon, MG and Rafael also appear.
- Hope is revealed to not be a fan of science fiction as she didn't get Landon's Wrath of Khan reference after the slug creature was shocked from her prefrontal cortex.
- Landon, MG and Rafael were last seen in What Was Hope Doing In Your Dreams?.
- Emma Tig was last seen in Mombie Dearest.
- Dorian was last seen in Death Keeps Knocking On My Door.
- Caroline was indirectly mentioned. She was last seen in I Was Feeling Epic on The Vampire Diaries and When The Saints Go Marching In on The Originals.
- The Necromancer was mentioned by Landon. He was last seen in Death Keeps Knocking On My Door.
- Mystic Falls, Virginia
Behind the Scenes
- This episode's title is a line used by Kaleb.
- It was originally announced that Paul Wesley would direct this episode. However, for reasons unknown, he instead directed the 13th episode The Boy Who Still Has a Lot of Good to Do.
- Hope: "Hey, wait!"
- Dorian: "It's a monster, Hope."
- Hope: "You're not seriously suggesting we kill a unicorn. It's trapped it's harmless."
- Dorian: "Got my eye on you."
- Hope: "You've been infected with a mind controlling parasite."
- Dorian: "The unicorn brought him on school grounds to infect all of us. It gets worse as it spreads."
- Hope: "So they're all infected."
- Dorian: "Stop you're all getting detention."
- Alaric: "Vampires, werewolves, dragons. I mean, I have faced terrifying danger in my life. But there's only one day in my calendar marked with a black x. One day I fear above all others. Because if I have to hear somebody sing how many minutes there are in a year, one more time. I'm gonna throw myself to the unicorn."
- Emma: "So why don't you play hooky with me?"
- Emma: "What? The latest monster is harmless, your daughters are playing nice, and no one is paying attention to school. So give yourself the day off."
- ↑ https://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/daily-ratings/tv-ratings-thursday-feb-21-2019/
- ↑ https://stvplus.com/show/971/Legacies/#episodes
- ↑ https://www.spoilertv.com/2019/02/legacies-episode-111-were-gonna-need.html
- ↑ https://tvline.com/2018/10/25/legacies-series-premiere-preview-the-originals-spinoff-explained/