|“||Um, two years ago, I started planning how I was going to say it. Um, what that moment would look like. I was just waiting for the right time, but the right time never came. And then, finally, today, it dawned on me that there's never a perfect time. There's just right now. And right now, I don't want to spend another second without you. No more reuniting at funerals. No more astral projections from the Middle East. No more choosing between you and my family, because you are my family, Keelin. You're everything to me. So, please, marry me.||”|
TAKING THE POWER BACK — As Vincent, Marcel and Josh work to clean up the city, an uprising of purist vampires leads the supernatural factions into a deadly showdown. Hope's attempt to bring her family back together leaves her struggling with the consequences. Finally, Freya makes a life-changing decision. Klaus and Elijah also appear.
- Lisina - Explosion; killed by an unknown compelled human
- Man - Explosion; compelled and killed by an unknown nightwalker
- Unknown werewolf - Explosion; killed by an unknown compelled human
- Ivy - Poisoned; killed by unknown person (as a witch)
- Eight unnamed witches - Poisoned; killed by unknown person (as witches)
- Rebekah was mentioned. She was last seen in The Kindness of Strangers.
- Hayley was mentioned. She was last seen in The Kindness of Strangers in flashbacks.
- The Hollow was indirectly mentioned. She was last seen in her spirit form in The Kindness of Strangers.
- Freya's unborn son was indirectly mentioned. He was last mentioned in Save My Soul.
- Kol was indirectly mentioned. He was last seen in The Kindness of Strangers.
Behind the Scenes
- This episode marks Riley Voelkel's 50th appearance in the series.
- "We have not long to love" is a poem by Tennessee Williams.
- Elijah: "Good morning. Obviously there's a lot for us to discuss."
- Hope: "I can't think, I can't sleep. I'm not ready to forgive him."
- Hope: "Would you please past the beignets?"
- Freya: "Of course."
- Klaus: "So, Rebekah will be back in a few days. She's just tying up some loose ends overseas."
- Hope: "It'll be nice to have her here."
- Freya: "It'll be good to have all of us under one roof again."
- Elijah: "Good morning. Obviously there's a lot for us to discuss here. Hope, let me begin by telling you about how truly sorry..."
- Hope: "Thanks for breakfast, guys, but I have homework to catch up on."
- Klaus: "That's not normal."
- Elijah: "She's not normal. She lost her mother, Niklaus. I shouldn't have come down here."
- Klaus: "At least you can claim amnesia, unlike our sister, who willingly aided a child in ruining her life."
- Freya: "Hope is not a child."
- Klaus: "Did you even consider what absorbing all that magic could do to her? Deny her. Defy her. We had a plan to keep the dark magic away from her."
- Freya: "A plan that wasn't working."
- Klaus: "So, if my daughter should be harmed in any way, shape or form. I will hold you personally responsible."
- Elijah: "Good morning."
- Declan: "You tell me my girlfriend's dead by voicemail? You can't even return my calls."
- Freya: "It all happened so fast."
- Declan: "What happened? How did she die?"
- Declan: "Because it's killing me that I don't know what happened."
- Freya: "Declan, I--"
- Declan: "That I wasn't here to save her."
- Marcel: "Party's over."
- Emmett: "When the sun goes down, we'll be in the Quarter...and if we see any werewolves, we'll be taking matters into our own hands."