|“|| Davina: This wasn't your fault or Kol's. The Ancestors hate me because of choices that I made. I'm not a kid. I'm not your responsibility.
Marcel: Honey, you will always be my responsibility.
KLAUS AND LUCIEN FACE OFF – In the wake of a ruthless plan that has left their family shattered, Klaus, Elijah and Freya desperately search for a way to take down Lucien once and for all. However, their efforts are put on hold following an urgent plea for help from Kol and Marcel. At Klaus' insistence, Freya and Elijah reluctantly stay behind to offer their help, while Klaus and Hayley head to the bayou after uncovering Lucien’s latest plan. Once there, an unexpected showdown between Klaus and Lucien forces Freya to take matters into her own hands, setting off a chain of events that will change all of their lives forever. Vincent and Davina also appear.
- Antagonists: Lucien Castle, Van Nguyen and The Ancestors.
- Camille does not appear in this episode due to her death in the previous episode, No More Heartbreaks. This is the first episode of the series to not credit Leah Pipes.
- Freya told Vincent that her mother once tried to kill her siblings by reversing the Original Vampire spell.
- Hayley tells Klaus that Cami wanted an Irish wake.
- Vincent consecrated Davina's remains for her to have a chance of resurrection.
- Her spirit is now in the Ancestral Plane and its fate is yet unknown after her punishment.
- Kara tells Davina that she plans to shred her soul and starts before Freya uses a Hand of Glory to pull her out for a while but it's already to late as Davina can't be brought back to life.
- Freya used Davina's spirit to siphon power away from the Ancestors by returning her to the Ancestral Plane.
- Freya successfully reversed Lucien's spell, that turned him into the Beast, reverting him back into a normal non-original vampire by using the stolen magic from the Ancestors.
- He is then killed by Klaus by means of heart extraction.
- Marcel became a full-fledged enemy of the Mikaelsons following Davina's failed resurrection.
- Vincent has concentrated and extracted the Beast serum from Aurora's heart. He then gave it to Marcel.
- Davina's soul is torn to shreds by Kara Nguyen.
- Lucien Castle - Heart extraction; killed by Niklaus Mikaelson
- Van Nguyen - Drained of blood; killed by Kol Mikaelson
- Van Nguyen was last seen in The Devil Comes Here and Sighs.
- Kara Nguyen was last seen in Wild at Heart.
- The Ancestral Plane was last seen in Wild at Heart.
- Esther Mikaelson was mentioned by Freya. She was last seen in Behind the Black Horizon in archive footage.
- Mikael was mentioned by Vincent. He was last seen in Behind the Black Horizon in archive footage.
- Cami's covered up body was seen in this episode. She was last seen alive in No More Heartbreaks.
- Aurora's covered up body was seen in this episode. She was last seen in No More Heartbreaks as an unconscious covered up body.
- Tristan was mentioned. He was last seen in A Streetcar Named Desire.
- Ansel was mentioned by Hayley. He was last seen in Chasing the Devil’s Tail.
- Mary was mentioned by Hayley. She was last seen in The Other Girl in New Orleans.
- Jackson was mentioned. He was last seen in A Ghost Along the Mississippi.
- The Ancestors were seen in the episode. They were last seen in Wild at Heart.
- New Orleans, Louisiana
Behind the Scenes
- Leah Pipes is removed from the main cast after her character's death in the previous episode.
- Phoebe Tonkin and Danielle Campbell remain as the sole original female cast members from the original cast after the departures of Daniella Pineda, Claire Holt and Leah Pipes.
- During the fight scene between Lucien and Klaus, things got a little too real: Joseph [Morgan] accidentally elbowed Andrew in the nose sending him to the hospital for three hours to make sure it wasn't broken. Andrew returned and shot another seven hours once back on set.
- Andrew was asked about stunt work and said it was nothing after his first acting gig… He was in a commercial for extreme vacationing in which he flew around the world doing crazy stuff. His first day he was shoved off a huge bridge in a chair and nearly passed out. On the same job an engine caught fire on the plane he was in and had to make a landing on a runway filled with fire engines.
- The vicious car wreck you see was all movie magic. The two vehicles never touched. In fact, the SUV Klaus was driving was destroyed with two forklifts repeatedly hitting it for about 90 minutes.
- In the “death” scenes for Davina: Danielle [Campbell] and Charles [Michael Davis] kept actually crying in between takes knowing these would be the last scenes they’d have together on the show.
- Klaus: "Did you bring it?"
- Hayley: "Jack wrote down everything your father told him about the ancient werewolves. I've read it. I..don't think there's anything in there that's gonna help us kill Lucien, though."
- Klaus: "I'll see for myself. You can go."
- Hayley: "Klaus, I think that we should... do something about the body. About Cami. I know that she wanted an Irish Wake: I can....I can make the arrangements."
- Klaus: "Doesn't matter what she wanted. She's gone. There's no time to sing dergeses: We're at war."
- Hayley: "Yeah. Okay."
- Vincent: "Okay, we gotta get her consecrated right now. If we don't, we can't even attempt to get her back."
- Kol: "We can't consecrate her!"
- Marcel: "And what the hell are you talking about?"
- Kol: "The Ancestors despise Davina. If we consecrate her, she'll wake up in their domain and they will destroy her."
- Marcel: "If we don't, we never see her again."
- Vincent: "Okay, that's enough! Alright? We all want to help her, so we need to make sure that she's consecrated but she's gotta be safe, so we're gonna pull her in a place where she's be protected. Then we can resurrect her...and that's gonna require a lot of energy... and my power is not what it used to be before I got Shunned."
- Marcel: "Alright we need Freya."
- Kol: "You think my family's going to help? Nik hates Davina. Freya will never defy him."
- Marcel: "This wouldn't be happening if it wasn't for your family." (To Vincent): "Prepare her body." (To Kol): "Come with me."
- Cami: "All that anger, the cycle of abuse that Mikael began, you can end it. You have to. So you can be the light for your little girl."
- Marcel (To Kol): "This is New Orleans. Witch spirits can be brought back from the dead, so that is exactly what we are going to do! We are going to bring her back!"
- Marcel (To Elijah) "I need your help."
- Klaus: "Then you shall have it."
- Freya (To Kol): "I am up against centuries of of dead witches who are apparently strong enough to reach beyond the grave and shake the entire city on its foundation: I'll rest once I send them all running back to hell."