|“||Oh my...come on, that was like a thousand years ago! Really, mean dad. News flash, guy's dead, get over it! Stop using Mikael as an excuse to be a bad father! I also know what it's like to be a kid missing her father. You may not be able to be in the same room as her, but there is this ancient gadget called a telephone, use it. Before, you lose your daughter, and she loses you.||”|
THE BEGINNING OF THE END — Desperate to see her father Klaus after seven years, Hope resorts to drastic measures to bring her father back to New Orleans. Hayley attempts to minimize the fallout from Hope's actions, but not before news of what she's done ripples through the city. Meanwhile, Freya's guilt over not being able to reunite her family gets in the way of her happiness with Keelin, while Rebekah struggles with her inability to fully commit to Marcel. Finally, struggling without Elijah by his side, Klaus' murderous rampage throughout Europe leads to an unexpected encounter with Caroline Forbes. Vincent and Josh also appear.
Special Guest Stars
- Antagonist: Niklaus Mikaelson.
- This episode is the last season premiere of The Originals.
- This episode marks Caroline Forbes and Dorian Williams' first appearance on The Originals.
- This episode establishes that it has been 7 years since the events of The Feast of All Sinners, placing the events in this episode in the year 2026 and also takes place before Mardis Gras.
- Hope sells her blood to a fellow student, Henry, a Crescent werewolf to make him a hybrid due to her selling her blood for money. She gives Henry two vials of blood; one before and one for after. Henry is sired to Hope.
- Hope hasn't spoken to her father Klaus in 5 years, she sold her blood to buy a passport so she could go to Europe to see her father.
- In 1928, Klaus had a falling out with the Gatineaux family and has come to murder more members of the family in current times.
- Security Guard - Heart extraction; killed by Niklaus Mikaelson
- Henry Benoit - Suicide (as a werewolf); killed by himself
- Poppy - Hybrid bite; killed by Henry Benoit
- Unnamed People - Various ways; killed by Niklaus Mikaelson
- Alaric was mentioned. He was last seen in I Was Feeling Epic in The Vampire Diaries and The Feast of All Sinners in The Originals.
- The Hollow was indirectly mentioned. She was last seen possessing Hope in The Feast of All Sinners.
- Davina was mentioned. She was last seen in a picture in The Feast of All Sinners.
- Stefan was indirectly mentioned. He was last seen in I Was Feeling Epic in The Vampire Diaries.
- Josie and Lizzie Saltzman were indirectly mentioned. They were last seen in I Was Feeling Epic in The Vampire Diaries.
- Mikael was mentioned. He was last seen in I Hear You Knocking as both a flashback and hallucination.
- Bill Forbes was indirectly mentioned. He was last seen in TVD's Bringing Out The Dead.
- Hope tells Henry that he is sired to her. The sirebond nature of Hope's blood was last seen in season one, when Dwayne was turned into a hybrid in Bloodletting.
- Manosque, France
- Mystic Falls, Virginia
- New Orleans, Louisiana
- New York City, New York
Behind the Scenes
- "You Left Your Heart" is a song by Stages & Stereos.
- The scene where Henry jumps out of window parallels Game of Thrones when Tommen did the same thing.
- Vincent: "Okay so we should probably get back to Mardi Gras prep."
- Josh: "Oh, come on Vincent, we got this, all right. It's gone without a hitch, for what, seven years now?"
- Vincent: "Josh that's because we haven't taken it for granted in seven years. Let me remind you moments of prosperity are in variably in followed by times of great pain unless we remain vigilant."
- Freya: "Thank you Mr. Buzzkill."
- Vincent: "Okay Freya what you got? Mardi Grai prep."
- Freya: "The witches will be working on their float in the city of the dead."
- Hayley: "The werewolves in the Bayou."
- Vincent: "Josh?"
- Josh: "Yeah?
- Vincent: "Hmm? This is when you're supposed to say the vampires are gonna steer clear of both."
- Josh: "Yeah, actually maybe we should offer them some sort of incentive."
- Hayley: "Seven years of peace and prosperity not enough?"
- Josh: "Well it is, but we could always use more daylight rings."
- Vincent: "Is this a negotiation Josh?"
- Vincent: "Marcel."
- Josh: "You know what? First of all, reading that was very rude, and second."
- Vincent: "Josh, I don't know how many times I have told you, what goes on this city is no longer any Marcel Gerard's business okay? And guys this is what I'm always talking about Marcel means Rebekah, Rebekah means Kol and Elijah, and I don't even want to think about Klaus right now, cause apparently he has lost his mind."
- Freya: "Oh, come on, we don't know if those rumors are true."
- Vincent: "I know that we need to make sure that they stay as far away from this city as possible."
- Vincent: "And Freya, I'll be Mr. Buzzkill if it means reminding everybody here that the magic that those four carry inside of them, if we just put two of them in the same place, it is a ticking bomb."
- Hayley: "Relax. Okay? Marcel is in New York, Elijah is."
- Josh: "In amnesia land."
- Hayley "Right, and Klaus is where ever Klaus is these days."
- Klaus: "I'm a sucker for Weill."
- Klaus: "You play with such finesse."
- Elijah: "Yeah, it keeps me out of trouble."
- Klaus: "Though Mahler's really more my style."
- Elijah: "Mahler? Guaranteed to clear any room."
- Klaus: "Well, then he and I have something in common."
- Elijah: "And how is that?"
- Klaus: "I have a bit of a temper."
- Elijah: "Interesting, see I wouldn't be able to tell by looking at you."
- Klaus: "Wouldn't you?"
- Elijah: "And most people wouldn't look so disappointed about that observation."
- Klaus: "Well, truth be told, it's a balm to hear it."
- Klaus: "I've been feeling one note lately. All work, you know."
- Elijah: "Modern conundrum, my friend. You work just to take care of your family, then you don't have any time to spend with them."
- Klaus: "My family is, uh geographically challenged. I've got a daughter I haven't seen seven years, haven't spoken to in five"
- Klaus: "There were some issues."
- Elijah: "This all sound she like a recipe for regret."
- Klaus: "And now you sound like my brother."
- Klaus: "Bonjour, Monsieur Gatineau. I should let you live to tell you this, but I seem to be on a bit of a roll."
- Hayley: "You are not just anybody, Hope."
- Henry: "None of the students know you're Klaus Mikaelson's daughter."
- Vincent: "Okay, we should probably get back to Mardi Gras prep."
- Josh: "Oh, come on, Vincent. We got this, all right. It's gone off without a hitch, for, what, seven years now?"
- Vincent: "We need to make sure that they stay as far away from this city as possible, and Freya, I'll be Mr. Buzzkill if it means reminding everybody here that the magic that those four carry inside of them if we just put two of 'em in the same place; it is a ticking bomb."
- Klaus: "Do spread the word."