|“||As long as the candle burns, your curse won't be active.||”|
IMPENDING THREATS AND A DIRE PROPHECY — After discovering that poachers have begun taking out werewolves in the bayou, Elijah and Jackson grow concerned for Hayley's safety when she fails to show up during the full moon. Meanwhile, Davina, the only one with the answer to Hayley's whereabouts, plots ways to use that to her advantage. Elsewhere, Camille approaches Klaus with her theory on who is behind the series of murders in the French Quarter, while Lucien delivers to Elijah an unsettling warning about the war brewing among the sire lines. Finally, after receiving a dire prophecy about the future of the Mikaelson siblings, Klaus takes extreme measures to determine the validity of this potential impending threat. Marcel and Freya also appear.
- This episode marks Jackson's first appearance this season.
- This episode marks Vincent's first absence this season.
- Lucien is the CEO of Kingmaker Land Development and the one responsible for the massacre of werewolves in the Bayou.
- Davina temporarily fixes the curse on the Crescent Werewolves.
- Another cure for Werewolf Venom besides Klaus' blood and draining the poison via a Siphoner was shown when Lucien injected himself with an unknown substance curing himself of Jackson's bite.
- Hayley and Jackson take Hope and move into an apartment across the road from Klaus, since the flat is under Jackson's name, Hayley reminds Klaus that he won't be allowed in.
- Klaus and Hayley fight over Hope.
- Hayley sees Hope walking for the first time and is upset that she missed it.
- Freya confirms the prophecy about Klaus, Elijah and Rebekah.
- Sean O'Connell was mentioned in this episode. He was last seen as a hallucination in An Unblinking Death.
- Kieran O'Connell was mentioned in this episode. He was killed by Klaus in An Unblinking Death.
- Céleste Dubois' spirit was contacted by Davina in this episode. She was last seen as an ancestral spirit in From a Cradle to a Grave.
- Kara Nguyen - snapped neck; killed by Hayley Marshall-Kenner
- 11 Witches - snapped neck/heart extraction/decapitation/blood loss; killed by Hayley Marshall-Kenner
- New Orleans, Louisiana
- Buddhist Monastery
Behind the Scenes
- This episode had about 1.12 million viewers in the USA.
- "You Hung The Moon" Is a song by Elvis Costello. The song was released in 2010. From his (National Ransom) album.
- It was so hot filming out in the bayou, and Nathan Parsons basically had to be fully naked because of the way the director staged it. His character Jackson's leg had been caught in a wolf trap, so he was covered in corn syrup (blood) and sweat. Basically a big flashing "Open for Dinner" sign for the mosquitoes. When all was said and done, the rule-makers decided he was a bit too naked and we had to add a tree branch in VFX. How we suffer for our art.
- Speaking of the rule-makers (otherwise known as broadcast standards and practices), you can't show a side-boob or full naked thigh. Which makes shooting naked people extremely difficult and very susceptible to computer-generated objects added after the fact by corporate request.
- Production Designer Bill built Lucien's Penthouse in art deco style, with a backdrop overlooking the French Quarter, like a king overlooking his land. Visitors love this set. It's massive. Directors love to get their Boogie Nights on and do a lot of 360 Steadicam shots.
- Davina (to Hayley): "You can be free, Hayley!"
- Hayley: "Fine. Just tell me who you want dead."
- Klaus (to Elijah and Jackson): "I thought I smelled swamp."
- Elijah (to Klaus): "What do you know?"
- Klaus: "A perfected vision of our family's spectacular downfall."
- Lucien (to Elijah): "We are on the brink of war!"
- Davina: "Hayley could be used against Klaus!"
- Klaus: "You listen carefully. The next gruesome murder will be yours."
- Klaus: "I thought I smelled swamp."
- Jackson: "What'd you do with Hayley?"
- Elijah: "Tell me what you know."
- Klaus: "Has Jackson misplaced his bride? Come to think about it, I did read that global warming has disrupted migration patterns; Try Georgia!"
- Jackson: "I just left the bodies of people I care about to rot in the woods because you left them defenceless against poachers! Some by Kingmaker Land Development, that ring a bell? Yeah. The CO is Lucien Castle. Elijah tells me that you two go way back."
- Elijah: "So I will ask you once again." "What do you know?"
- Klaus: "As it happens, I just came from a romp with our good friend Lucien. You can find him in the penthouse of the gaudy new construction on Canal. And while you two are catching up, be sure to ask him about the perfected vision of out family's spectacular downfall. You could use a good laugh."
- Elijah (to Jackson): "You shouldn't still be here. Niklaus and I will deal with this."
- Klaus: "Actually, as long as Hayley is prowling about on two legs and unaccounted for, I am staying with my daughter." (To Jackson): "And should I discover that this is yet a another cock eyed scheme for Hayley and you to ascomb with her...the poultry remains of your beloved wolf pack will sniffing at your entrails come morning."
- Hayley: "What the hell am I doing here!? Why am I trapped!?"
- Davina: "I used magic to draw you here and keep you in a captive audience."
- Hayley (to Davina): "Let me out of here right now or I swear I will kill you!"
- Hayley (to Davina): "Elijah asked you months ago to break the curse and you said no!"
- Davina: "There's a witch in the 9th Ward who hates that I'm Regent. She tried to kill me. If I retaliate, I'm starting a civil war, and I don't want to do that."
- Hayley: "Fine. Just tell me who you want dead."
- Elijah (to Lucien): "So you say that you're in conflict with those of my sireline. Am I to assume that the lord Tristan de Martel is up to his usual tricks?"
- Lucien: "This is no quarrel, Elijah. We are on the brink of war! Tristan knows that if he kills Klaus, he will eliminate all his enemies."
- Elijah: "No one needs protection. The White Oak was destroyed. We cannot be killed."
- Lucien: "You're wrong. Visions of darkness surround your family. You are not immune to death Elijah."